GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It will take more than that after throwing him back in, they will ride with him for a while after making this decision
Skinner will allow 3 goals in the first we score one. We surge back to take a 4-3 lead and Skinner allows 3 goals on 6 shots. Its 6-4 Vancouver, 3rd starts we score 2 and Skinner allows the only 2 shots of the period in 8-6 Vancouver.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wonder if the 3rd line will get a goal tonight.

McLeod 0-0-0 in 10 games
Perry 0-0-0 in 10 games
Foegele 1-1-2 in 10 games (but 0 points since being taken away from Draisaitl in the 2nd round and the goal was an empty netter)

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Physical play should be a focus for every Oiler; regardless if their coach is a passive pansy. Sure, the focus on hits may not be emphasized as heavily compared to their opposition, but where is the pride from the players? If you are presented with an opportunity to use your body, take it. You don't have to take yourself out of position for a hit, but don't ignore the chance to lay someone out because your coach doesn't see it as an important part of their game.
I agree with you. I’m not sure if it’s because he is a rookie coach- but in the NHL- physicality is important. Hughes has been hit 9 times through 5 games. Not nearly enough

Reactions: Porkleaker

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Lucky a and w pic

20240518_142423.jpg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Haha yeah man did he ever tear it up in game 1. Really hope this guy magically comes out and plays well. Actually would love all the Skinner lovers to tell us to eat shit after this game and the next. "SEEEEEEE I TOLD YOU SKINNER IS AWESOME YOU SKINNER HATERS SUCK IT" "You all know NOTHING about goaltending" "Skinner got the team here and he's the #1" Here's hoping but I'm not confident.
Did Hrudey say this?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Hopefully they pull Skinner after the first bad goal.
2mins in?

Skinner will allow 3 goals in the first we score one. We surge back to take a 4-3 lead and Skinner allows 3 goals on 6 shots. Its 6-4 Vancouver, 3rd starts we score 2 and Skinner allows the only 2 shots of the period in 8-6 Vancouver.
Sheesh. Everyone is so concerned with winning and losing.

The entire point of hockey is that everyone gets a turn, we all have fun, and get a bit of exercise.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
As bad as they played, Pickard was why it was 2-2. Without Bouchard’s blackout-drunk play and f***up, they would have gone to OT and not lost in the final 30 seconds like they did.

I get worked up about it because I don’t care what anyone says, goaltending is THE most important position on the team. It doesn’t matter if you score 5 goals a game as a team and players X & Y got 4 points each when the goalie gives up 6.

Skinner is not a starting goalie and he definitely does not deserve the start tonight, not with the amount of goals he hemorrhages. They may as well put in a life size cardboard cutout of a table top goalie. It’ll make the same amount of saves.

I don't disagree but what else can we do but support him and hope for the best. You know what I mean?

I agree with you, baffling decision, but....Lets Go Skinner is what I say. It's now or never.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I agree with you. I’m not sure if it’s because he is a rookie coach- but in the NHL- physicality is important. Hughes has been hit 9 times through 5 games. Not nearly enough
Probably the dumbest perspective Knob has had so far. Repeatedly hitting players pays dividends later in the series not only with the physical toll but it forces players into knee jerk plays that turn into turnovers. No wonder Mcleod is such a marshmellow no coach he has had in the NHL has made it a team point apparently.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't disagree but what else can we do but support him and hope for the best. You know what I mean?

I agree with you, baffling decision, but....Lets Go Skinner is what I say. It's now or never.
Well, you’re a better fan than I am. I can’t get behind Skinner because he is what he is, a playoff dud. I can’t get behind whoever the f*** made this decision in an elimination game either. Absolutely brain dead decision and is nothing short of forfeiting the game.

I’ll gladly eat an entire murder of crows if he allows 2 goals or less but the Oilers are probably going to need 6+ in my opinion. They had that chance to blow Silvos open and failed in games 1 & 2. Now that he’s settled in, goals are hard to come by on him.

My prediction:
3-1 Canucks after 1
5-2 after 2
6-2 final.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Really shameful no one in the media put some honest questions to Skinner. It's just a litany of "are you happy to be playing tonight Stu?"

Give me a break

How about "this isn't a one game thing and you've put your team in a tough spot. What are you going to do to preform at the level required?"

Not one question about 2 years of awful playoff performances.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, you’re a better fan than I am. I can’t get behind Skinner because he is what he is, a playoff dud. I can’t get behind whoever the f*** made this decision in an elimination game either. Absolutely brain dead decision and is nothing short of forfeiting the game.

I’ll gladly eat an entire murder of crows if he allows 2 goals or less but the Oilers are probably going to need 6+ in my opinion. They had that chance to blow Silvos open and failed in games 1 & 2. Now that he’s settled in, goals are hard to come by on him.

My prediction:
3-1 Canucks after 1
5-2 after 2
6-2 final.
I know that others will disagree with me but when you hear the statement "He's been our guy all year" then who do you think might have made this decision?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Really shameful no one in the media put some honest questions to Skinner. It's just a litany of "are you happy to be playing tonight Stu?"

Give me a break

How about "this isn't a one game thing and you've put your team in a tough spot. What are you going to do to preform at the level required?"

Not one question about 2 years of awful playoff performances.
They don’t want to lose access to the media pregame meal buffets.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Haha yeah man did he ever tear it up in game 1. Really hope this guy magically comes out and plays well. Actually would love all the Skinner lovers to tell us to eat shit after this game and the next. "SEEEEEEE I TOLD YOU SKINNER IS AWESOME YOU SKINNER HATERS SUCK IT" "You all know NOTHING about goaltending" "Skinner got the team here and he's the #1" Here's hoping but I'm not confident.

Yes hahaha I would love nothing more than the Skinner mob shining bright and dining in the hall of champions while I'm eating parasitic crow!

My worst nightmare is a loss and a post game sleepy Skinner speaking on "learning moments" when half the team is inured from battling and the season is over due to a soft one floated in from the half wall by zatarandorov.

Reactions: elmeroil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad