GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wayne once called Edmonton the Church of Hockey. And with Church’s comes religion and with religion comes faith and belief. Yes we are a rational, knowledgeable fanbase and we all have our criticisms about the team. But for one game and one night, have some faith. Trust me, you can do all the complaining and being negative after, no one will take that opportunity from you.

Oct 15, 2008
game 4, they had 14 shots in the 2nd

game 5 was awful all around dont get me wrong. But they definitely have played tigther defensively in front of Pickard. Lets just not see Vancouver get wide open looks in the first again thanks to blown coverage and turn overs
We got lit up. We got our show run. Pickard made some great stops. It defies logic to go back to the guy who couldn’t get it done.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
A bad performance and he’s as good as gone

Skinner already played himself out of the starting job in the playoffs. I have zero doubt we would have won by now if we played Picard the whole series.

If we play Skinner tonight that decision will be looked back on as one of the pivotal reasons we couldn't win a cup with McDavid and Draisaitl and why they leave via free agency.

Wayne once called Edmonton the Church of Hockey. And with Church’s comes religion and with religion comes faith and belief. Yes we are a rational, knowledgeable fanbase and we all have our criticisms about the team. But for one game and one night, have some faith. Trust me, you can do all the complaining and being negative after, no one will take that opportunity from you.

One of the worst takes I've ever seen.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Good luck Stu, I hate the decision and do not understand it but I hope you step up and play great. I am in no way rooting against you, just want to win. That being said if you play crap again and the season is over it’s time to say bye-bye to you and every single muppet who came to this decision
Skinner already played himself out of the starting job in the playoffs. I have zero doubt we would have won by now if we played Picard the whole series.

If we play Skinner tonight that decision will be looked back on as one of the pivotal reasons we couldn't win a cup with McDavid and Draisaitl and why they leave via free agency.

egkzmyhfyfctlewicckt.jpg

Hope this goof gets canned too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
We quit after 1GA and this fanbase deserves to lose.
Why would a fanbase that still supports this org and buys tickets deserve to lose. Still supporting an org that has expressed contempt of and critics multiple times.

Most Canadian fans of most teams have kind of earned something better than they're getting from the NHL which has shutout Canada for some 31yrs.

So that a Lord Stanley trophy that was given to Canada is never given to a Canadian team. Oh well when Bettman is gone in 50yrs it should get better. ;)

Reactions: CycloneSweep

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

Not playing Picks/Campbell over Skinner wasn't and won't be a reason why we didn't win a cup, c'mon...

Not having a true shutdown defenceman and 3rd/4th lines, and a legit #1 goalie are the major reasons.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Character.

This game will reveal all about this team after being thoroughly outworked in game 5 and running a 0 for 5 power play with its "Elite 5". We're past the talking phase and firmly in the doing phase of clutch time hockey. I don't like the Skinner call but this is a full team bounce back that's required to be successful. Find the A Game no more talking about the A game. Pretender or Contender. The big reveal tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
game 4, they had 14 shots in the 2nd

game 5 was awful all around dont get me wrong. But they definitely have played tigther defensively in front of Pickard. Lets just not see Vancouver get wide open looks in the first again thanks to blown coverage and turn overs
The Oilers shit the bed last game with Pickard in net. The weakest defensive effort of the series and allowed the Nucks more SOG than they had all playoffs. Twice as many as they usually get. Pretty clearly the Oilers kind of relaxed with Pickard in net knowing there'd be saves and a lot of them. Indeed there were. Pickard made 32 stops while letting in 3 goals. In one game this series Skinner let in 4 goals while making only 11 saves.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
We got lit up. We got our show run. Pickard made some great stops. It defies logic to go back to the guy who couldn’t get it done.

Yea we got worked badly

I don't want to disparage Pickard because I think he played well too, especially game 4. Last game he did let in 3, one got pulled off the goal line by Vinny and he got beat high twice but Vancouver caught the post / crossbar. I didnt love the Soucy goal either. Also Pickard has never really started back to back to back games.

Last start for Skinner i really hated the Lindholm goal but I don't blame Skinner at all for the 3 previous, that was all on team defense / attention to detail

There's no great choice if we're being honest. This is on Holland for not addressing the position at the TDL or in the offseason

I trust Knoblauchs judgment here

Reactions: KarmaPolice

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why would a fanbase that still supports this org and buys tickets deserve to lose. Still supporting an org that has expressed contempt of and critics multiple times.

Most Canadian fans of most teams have kind of earned something better than they're getting from the NHL which has shutout Canada for some 31yrs.

So that a Lord Stanley trophy that was given to Canada is never given to a Canadian team. Oh well when Bettman is gone in 50yrs it should get better. ;)
No doubt this fanbase supports the team financially. But ticket sales aren’t going to give the team energy on the ice when needed. Belief and noise is what’s needed tonight.

And I can’t argue that the League has been giving us the screw job. Hey maybe that’s more motivation, us against the world mentality I’ll take.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Well, unfortunately off to fricken Costco on a busy beautiful Saturday with the partner. Hope we win tonight boys, so we can all celebrate and continue watching our team in the playoffs. Cheers to all of you beauties.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Not playing Picks/Campbell over Skinner wasn't and won't be a reason why we didn't win a cup, c'mon...

Not having a true shutdown defenceman and 3rd/4th lines, and a legit #1 goalie are the major reasons.

The Oilers allowed the fewest high-danger chances of any team in the playoffs, so you're wrong..having a goalie with a save percentage under .800 for two of the three games we lost is why we are facing elimination.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Keep the faith brother, without it, what’s the point of being a fan. I couldn’t imagine not watching the game tonight and just giving up. But to each his own I guess.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
If Skinner plays poorly and loses the game after two good games by Pickard, I can't see him having any future in Edmonton. Crazy to put that much pressure on Skinner. Gutsy move by Knob; there will be significant blow back on him if we lose primarily because of Skinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad