GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Calling this fanbase whiners and quitters free what we have dealt with for decades is rich. Vancouver fans are happy to cheer and holler cause just being here is an achievement for them. Most Oilers fans are starting to expect win or lose this game their chances of a cup this year are literally zero.
The series isn’t over. Quitting now constitutes whining and a crappy fanbase. If fans want to air out their grievances and they do, they have all year to do that and we know from around here they do that all year anyways. But during game time, leave that shit at the door.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought it came out after last seasons loss that Schwartz recommends who the starting goaltender should be and the head coach rubber stamps it.
It was actually stated by Woody that they would consult Schwartz on starter and that Schwartz would relay that Skinner would have said Start me, I'm ready. Trouble is Skinner says that everytime and org keeps listening to it.

Of course a few posters here will bray this is nonsense even though its established.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Canucks after hearing Skinflap is starting:

JDbx0yICUNdPW.webp

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Very sad if true.
Why is it sad? It’s the reality. This fanbase is smarter than you give it credit for and why are people gonna spend shit tons of money on something they know will be true.
We have seen this play out dozens of time. We have been bathing in the failure of this org for like 3 decades. We know. And trying to call it pathetic or sad makes you irrationally bias or you don’t actually care what happens on the ice.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If you bring back Skinner in an elimination game after how he performed and how Pickard performed the last 2 games I question why the hell they even pulled Skinner in the first place if he is “their” guy. Maybe Skinner has naked pictures of Holland or the owner or something and is threatening to put them on social media. Actually I wonder with how Skinner looked and sounded if he even wanted the net. This is bizzaro world man

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why is it sad? It’s the reality. This fanbase is smarter than you give it credit for and why are people gonna spend shit tons of money on something they know will be true.
We have seen this play out dozens of time. We have been bathing in the failure of this org for like 3 decades. We know. And trying to call it pathetic or sad makes you irrationally bias or you don’t actually care what happens on the ice.
They can be hockey smart and knowledgeable and they are. And still realize that the best chance we got to pull out the series win is to support the team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The series isn’t over. Quitting now constitutes whining and a crappy fanbase. If fans want to air out their grievances and they do, they have all year to do that and we know from around here they do that all year anyways. But during game time, leave that shit at the door.
lol get off the pedestal that you have put Skinner on and join the real world.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They can be hockey smart and knowledgeable and they are. And still realize that the best chance we got to pull out the series win is to support the team.
lol the fans have little to nothing to do with the team winning. Thinking we do is some Kevin Lowe shit.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
The Oilers had two shots in the second period.
game 4, they had 14 shots in the 2nd

game 5 was awful all around dont get me wrong. But they definitely have played tigther defensively in front of Pickard. Lets just not see Vancouver get wide open looks in the first again thanks to blown coverage and turn overs

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
lol get off the pedestal that you have put Skinner on and join the real world.
It’s not the Skinner pedestal it’s being a supportive fan. If Pickard was playing my support would be the same. For you, If Pickard was playing you’d have zero belief and zero support anyways. If we have Hasek in net, you’d still find a way to be negative. That’s already well established here. But you do you. I know you slew to the negative with everything, so I won’t try to change that as there’s no point. So my last message to you on this subject of fan support, cause you’d never show it anyways regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Would somebody take Skinner's contract?

More likely, the Oilers buy out Campbell this summer and possibly Skinner the year after.

I don't see much change in goaltending no matter what happens tonight.
San Jose will be rebuilding for a few seasons, they’ll want high picks. Skinner for Blackwood straight across, buyout Campbell, trade whoever for a goalie that can a) provide consistent, strong goaltending and b) not crumble like a chunk of dried out dirt in 40 degree weather when the pressure is on.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Very sad if true.
Exceptions can be found where some are still trying to get a profit but the cheaper seats found for the game are resales. Also curious, because I haven't been to these sections but Snet lounge and Skylounge are the cheapest seats to the game. The food inclusive sections. Is the food or view that bad? Just odd that what was supposed to be added attraction type seating is priced so low.

If anybody is hungry for the game pun you could sit and get fed for 400bucks. Thats like some regular season prices.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Skinner starting cause he’s most likely went to Knob and ask for it. Pickard played too good last game for the switch

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It’s not the Skinner pedestal it’s being a supportive fan. If Pickard was playing my support would be the same. For you, If Pickard was playing you’d have zero belief and zero support anyways. If we have Hasek in net, you’d still find a way to be negative. That’s already well established here. But you do you. I know you slew to the negative with everything, so I won’t try to change that as there’s no point. So my last message to you on this subject of fan support, cause you’d never show it anyways regardless.

Some of the losses in this series has been pretty much due to Skinner's goaltending though. It doesn't even have to be Hasek in net (they would win the cup if they had him in net js) Just give the Oilers even average goaltending, and they'll be able to win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maybe this is some sort of attempt at 3D (4D is too generous) chess move to psyche them out into being lazy and think they can just coast to a win.

I don’t know, I don’t get it either
They pull Skinner after one minute down, 1-0, put Pickard in net and say gotcha!

Nah, the 4D chess I think is that the entire Oilers team plays with desperation not to give up shots with Stu in net. What a strange ploy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
"We felt that Stu had a couple of days to reset and also spend some time on the ice to get back to his game; and we've seen Stu steal games for us before. Hes been our guy all year. In a situation like this that's who we want in net"
WTF is he talking about. He stole one game these playoffs and crapped the bed on several others, you arrogant idiotic asswipe

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Some of the losses in this series has been pretty much due to Skinner's goaltending though. It doesn't even have to be Hasek in net (they would win the cup if they had him in net js) Just give the Oilers even average goaltending, and they'll be able to win.
Sure. Anyways GO OILERS GO is our job as fans at this point of the season and for this single game. I hope we can find it on ourselves to support the team and drop the ego for one night.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Not optimistic about Skinner being in net the way the Canucks own him. But here's hoping I am proved wrong and the entire team shows up for a 60 minute effort to help their goaltender out and make life a little easier for him. If he lets in a weak goal I can see the team crumbling though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad