GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Well...I see the logic in it but agreeing with it is another thing all together.
This suggests to me that they plan on running with Skinner as the starter next season as well.
Or they find out with all certainty tonight that they need to move on from him. A bad performance tonight costing the team another series will make him too toxic to continue with.

Reactions: guymez
Oct 15, 2008
lets go boys!!! This could be a career defining game for Stu

as good as Pickard has played he did see quite a few pucks get behind him last game, just not all of them went in. Don't blame Knoblauch for the swap, I bet Skinner is very motivated tonight. Lets hope the team has as much attention to detail in front of him as they did in game 4 with Pickard in net
The Oilers had two shots in the second period.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Which is why Tocchet's been owning his rookie ass this series. Tocchet knows what it takes to win in the playoffs and to win the cup, and that's exactly why the nuck players buy in to whatever he's saying. I really dislike the guy as an opposition fan, but he's a very good coach.

2 posters don't speak for the whole fanbase though. Nobody will hear 2 fans booing or groaning with the team tonight either. It's entirely up to the team tonight on how they respond. Fans will always be behind the Oilers regardless on how they do.
No they don’t. But if there’s 2 here in this small sample size there’s more out there. But whatever, let’s hope the support we have is enough and the team shows their best tonight regardless. That’s all anyone can do at this point.

Reactions: McAsuno

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If Skinner loses this due to a bad goal he is 100% going to get ridden out of town. This is basically make or break for his Oilers career.

There's no in-between. God damnit
Thats a bad thing? Skinner being gone would mean the team would have to go out and find better. In Skinners case that shouldn't be that difficult. Let him be some other clubs problem next season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't know about that, they played arguably their worst game of the season in Game 5 with Pickard in net.
Not saying that Skinner should start tonight but the team played with zero confidence last game.

I don't see the point in getting all worked about it. I can get on board with disagreeing with the decision but why not just root for Skinner at this point? He's capable of playing well, might as well get behind him now that the decision is made.
As bad as they played, Pickard was why it was 2-2. Without Bouchard’s blackout-drunk play and f***up, they would have gone to OT and not lost in the final 30 seconds like they did.

I get worked up about it because I don’t care what anyone says, goaltending is THE most important position on the team. It doesn’t matter if you score 5 goals a game as a team and players X & Y got 4 points each when the goalie gives up 6.

Skinner is not a starting goalie and he definitely does not deserve the start tonight, not with the amount of goals he hemorrhages. They may as well put in a life size cardboard cutout of a table top goalie. It’ll make the same amount of saves.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Ill be starting a SKINNER chant tonight if he lets a goal in on first 5 shots.
While I understand the frustration, it also seems like a way for us to not get back into the game if we go down (if you believe in Karma or that sort of thing).

At the end of the day, today could potentially be the last time we see McDrai play together. At the very least, they deserve the support. Cheer for our guys and cheer loud. Game 7 is a very real possibility.

Reactions: bellagiobob

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hold on I figured it out, Skinner goes in and we score 3+ goals because we know we need goals, the moment we take the foot off the pedal Pickard goes in net to keep us in it.

Keep switching depending on what we need.
I hope Knoblach is reading this thread.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And Henriwue is out and another player is sick and might not play. It’s probably Ekholm.
If we go into the game with the only lineup changes being Skinner in for Pickard and Broberg in for Ekholm lol. Boys gonna get spanked.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Thats a bad thing? Skinner being gone would mean the team would have to go out and find better. In Skinners case that shouldn't be that difficult. Let him be some other clubs problem next season.
Would somebody take Skinner's contract?

More likely, the Oilers buy out Campbell this summer and possibly Skinner the year after.

I don't see much change in goaltending no matter what happens tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not cool. You’ll have all off season to bitch and moan about Skinner. Leave that shit out of the game. Fans have one job at the game and that’s to support our team. Not to play armchair GM and coach.
A Skinner chant supports the team by maybe helping them realize pulling him early can win you the game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What makes you think Knoblauch makes the choice on goaltending? We see the same patterns with goaltending decisions across multiple coaches.
I thought it came out after last seasons loss that Schwartz recommends who the starting goaltender should be and the head coach rubber stamps it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
2 posters have already decided to not watch. Throwing in the towel and being big babies over it. Are we a passionate and supportive fanbase or are we a bunch of whiners and quitters?

Only Oilers fans can decide for themselves. Meanwhile Van is literally cheering their stars into better performances.
I'll certainly watch, and expect a good performance but the market exhibits what the view is on this game and thats looking at ticket prices for this game. Some tickets in lower bowl are marked down hundreds from original price. Upper, about 50 bucks off on most. The resales are all invariably cheaper than the tickets never sold so easy to check.

Whatever happens the demand for tickets is going down, and people not getting prices for resales that they would've wanted.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ekholm looked really rough last game. Sounded rough in the presser 2 games ago. Hope he can go and bring his best, but he’s taken some big shots this series unfortunately.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Would somebody take Skinner's contract?

More likely, the Oilers buy out Campbell this summer and possibly Skinner the year after.

I don't see much change in goaltending no matter what happens tonight.
Skinner makes at the end of the day pretty little.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
And Henriwue is out and another player is sick and might not play. It’s probably Ekholm.
If we go into the game with the only lineup changes being Skinner in for Pickard and Broberg in for Ekholm lol. Boys gonna get spanked.

Pretty sure the one that's under the weather is Ekholm anyways. But the guy will be playing regardless.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
For professional athletes who are supposedly on healthy lifestyle regimens, this team sure does get sick a lot.

Reactions: brentashton

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
2 posters have already decided to not watch. Throwing in the towel and being big babies over it. Are we a passionate and supportive fanbase or are we a bunch of whiners and quitters?

Only Oilers fans can decide for themselves. Meanwhile Van is literally cheering their stars into better performances.
Calling this fanbase whiners and quitters free what we have dealt with for decades is rich. Vancouver fans are happy to cheer and holler cause just being here is an achievement for them. Most Oilers fans are starting to expect win or lose this game their chances of a cup this year are literally zero.

• Love
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'll certainly watch, and expect a good performance but the market exhibits what the view is on this game and thats looking at ticket prices for this game. Some tickets in lower bowl are marked down hundreds from original price. Upper, about 50 bucks off on most. The resales are all invariably cheaper than the tickets never sold so easy to check.

Whatever happens the demand for tickets is going down, and people not getting prices for resales that they would've wanted.
Very sad if true.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nah just brings our energy down and into the negative. If Skinner needs to be pulled, Knob knows what’s a good or bad goal to make that call. Doesn’t need nor want fan whining to help him make a decision.
I’m sorry if Skinner lets in a weak goal early there is nothing that can bring the teams energy into any more of a negative.

And no Knob doesn’t lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad