GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Guy thinks he’s better than he really is. Goes to play the puck, then have no f***ing clue what to do.

God this team is stupid
Next year they should change the team name to Loilers

Always good for a laugh!!

Reactions: frag2

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Skinner starting just makes everyone and their grandma know that the team is absolutely f***ed. Like... does Knob want to go golfing tomorrow morning??

I will not be watching this game. I won't even watch 7 if we force it. This team has blown too many chances to win and I can guarantee they will do it again.

To the poor unfortunate souls who are watching tonight, might want to listen to this before the game and during the intermission.

(Try to) enjoy everyone.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I have a feeling that this is some more of Ken Holland's "my buddy stuff" but perhaps there is some other logic here that mere mortals can't understand.
Ken Holland isn't making roster decisions right now. If he was Pickard wouldn't have started twice. This screams Knobby is forcing his players to not rely on goaltending and forcing them to take it to the Knucks. They got obliterated last game by doing nothing. This is him forcing them to go on the offensive. Not a bad strategy TBH

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Recap of last years game 6

Skinner lets in first shot, 40 seconds into game, We outshoot Vegas 15 to 7 in the first period get a 2-1 lead

We give up 10 shots in the second period and they score 3 goals while getting 13 shots and scoring nothing. Skinner gets pulled

We outshoot Vegas 12-5 in the 3rd and get a empty netter

Not my fault Skinner rocks a 765 save%

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-18 094940.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-18 094940.png
    453.2 KB · Views: 2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Ken Holland isn't making roster decisions right now. If he was Pickard wouldn't have started twice. This screams Knobby is forcing his players to not rely on goaltending and forcing them to take it to the Knucks. They got obliterated last game by doing nothing. This is him forcing them to go on the offensive. Not a bad strategy TBH

Even if they don’t rely on goaltending, go balls out, Skinner is gonna give a weak one or 3 back to the Nucks.
That’s the going rate with Skinner.

This is the equivalent of going into a fight with only 1 arm…or no arms even

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Well this is it folks. The big one. A loss tonight might be the end of the McDrai era. I don’t think I have ever been so nervous for a hockey game in my life. Even game 7 in 06 I wasn’t this nervous. Time to leave it all on the ice because there may not be a tomorrow. A second round loss in 6 could mean a good number of players are wearing Oil silks for the last time. Don’t let this end in a whimper please just win tonight and force a winner take all.

Reactions: Video Nasty

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
This team just never learns, we’ve seen what Skinner can do for 20 playoff games….hes brought historically bad goaltending….we have another goalie that has looked sharp and gave the team more then a chance to win….this is exactly like last year with the Campbell/Skinner debacle, from top to bottom this team is a joke.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Skinner starting just makes everyone and their grandma know that the team is absolutely f***ed. Like... does Knob want to go golfing tomorrow morning??

I will not be watching this game. I won't even watch 7 if we force it. This team has blown too many chances to win and I can guarantee they will do it again.

To the poor unfortunate souls who are watching tonight, might want to listen to this before the game and during the intermission.

(Try to) enjoy everyone.

I have two other die hard Oiler friends. We have liked the feam since childhood. We are all near forty and I think the patience for this franchise is finally running out.

I know they aren’t watching

I’m likely taking a “check the score in the third and see how they are doing” approach

Feels bad but eventually you just have to shrug your shoulders.

I have better things to do than watch Skinner suck.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

SKINNER REDEMPTION INCOMING

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This team just never learns, we’ve seen what Skinner can do for 20 playoff games….hes brought historically bad goaltending….we have another goalie that has looked sharp and gave the team more then a chance to win….this is exactly like last year with the Campbell/Skinner debacle, from top to bottom this team is a joke.

The worst playoff goalie since the cap era started.

Since it started

That’s like almost 20 years

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The worst playoff goalie since the cap era started.

Since it started

That’s like almost 20 years

Gimme an R
Gimme an E
Gimme a D
Gimme an E
Gimme an M
Gimme a P
Gimme a T
Gimme an I
Gimme an O
Gimme an N

Whatcha Got?

REDEMPTION

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
This has to be a decision made by analytics; though not the ones we have access to -- apparently. There is no way Calvin told them he is feeling tired; he is a warrior. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Hoping I'm wrong. But this will be the end of the Oilers playoffs tonight.

The team wins the last game if the skaters actually showed up. Pickard wasn’t the problem.

The skaters might not be the problem tonight but I’d guess Skinner will be.

Game 6 against Vegas seems like a likely result.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
This has to be a decision made by analytics; though not the ones we have access to -- apparently. There is no way Calvin told them he is feeling tired; he is a warrior. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Not one analytics say Skinner should start, not 1

They all say hes the worst goaltender in the playoffs lol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Last year when Woodcroft started Skinner I blamed him for giving up. I see a similar mindset again if Skinner is indeed the starter tonight only this time I think it’s organizational and not just on the head coach. I suspect this team has given up and would prefer that if Skinner plays and shits the bed the off season scorn be on him as opposed to it being on McDavid where it very well could be if Pickard starts and we see a repeat of game 5 in game 6.
Off the wall theory of course but it makes more sense than anything else I can come up with.

Reactions: Dashh

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Not sure what to expect coming out of this game other than either team can be victorious. Every game this series has been so close and the winner/loser has been decided by such a fine line.

I'll again take the positive from game 5 in that the Oilers played arguably their worst game of the playoffs while the Canucks played by far their best, and yet that game was inches from going the other way.

Everyone keeps expecting the Oilers have a high scoring game, and it hasn't happened yet in this series and may not happen. They've won games of different types all season long, and they need to continue to find a way to do so tonight. We're only trying to win 1 game tonight, not a series.

I have faith they will win tonight. Let's Go OIlers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad