Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Top line is missing a LW like the Nashville series.

Top pairing D is also missing a RHD like Nashville series.

Imagine playing the guy with 4 goals ahead of the guy with 7 goals? lol

Ekholm is easily the best Dman on both team in the playoffs and playing him in the bottom pairing is just hilarious.
Some of you guys are an awfully serious bunch. 😆

Reactions: I am toxic

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
LA would’ve beat you guys in 5.
We beat you guys 4 straight this year. And LA had our number. You can throw the regular season out the window.
I think you’re exaggerating how good the Oilers are. We will see.
I’d have the Oilers as slight favourites with Demko injured. But it’s not like either team is a top contender like Dallas or Colorado. Both teams have had fairly favourable draws so far.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly, I just don't see this series being very long if Pettersson continues his disappearing act.
Nucks fans - who will be going up against Draisaitl? I'm assuming Miller gets 97

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Honestly, I just don't see this series being very long if Pettersson continues his disappearing act.
Nucks fans - who will be going up against Draisaitl? I'm assuming Miller gets 97
Sure. But you’re an Oilers fan. You don’t see your own teams weaknesses. I mean you finished in 9th spot.I think we can all agree that the Oilers are better than their record but it’s not like the team is unbeatable.
Too many of you have been reading all the press clippings.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
We beat you guys 4 straight this year. And LA had our number. You can throw the regular season out the window.
I think you’re exaggerating how good the Oilers are. We will see.
I’d have the Oilers as slight favourites with Demko injured. But it’s not like either team is a top contender like Dallas or Colorado. Both teams have had fairly favourable draws so far.
Oilers are -220 by people that do this for a living. Your “regular season 4-0 sweep deeeerp” doesn’t mean shit.

Sure. But you’re an Oilers fan. You don’t see your own teams weaknesses. I mean you finished in 9th spot.I think we can all agree that the Oilers are better than their record but it’s not like the team is unbeatable.

You don’t see the Canucks weakness? You guys averaged 18 shots a game lol.

• Haha

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oilers are -220 by people that do this for a living. Your “regular season 4-0 sweep deeeerp” doesn’t mean shit.

You don’t see the Canucks weakness? You guys averaged 18 shots a game lol.
In one series we had low shots and we won that series in one more game than it took the Oilers to beat LA. And yes I do see the teams weaknesses which is why I said with Demko out the Oilers should be slight favourites.
You need to slow down a bit and read posts before getting so upset.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
oilers fans know our weaknesses, above it all though what I see is a team that isn't f***ing about anymore

watching vancouver vs nashville I'm not sure I can say the same

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
In one series. And yes I do see the teams weaknesses which is why I said with Demko out the Oilers should be slight favourites.
You need to slow down a bit and read posts before getting so upset.
-220 being the biggest favourite going into the second round by experts that actually take everything into account > you.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

Anything is obviously possible but the Oilers have better top end talent, more grit, and more experience

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
oilers fans know our weaknesses, above it all though what I see is a team that isn't f***ing about anymore

watching vancouver vs nashville I'm not sure I can say the same
Yes. The Oilers had a good first round series and wrapped it up one game earlier than the Canucks. This is a new series. Throw the first round out the window.

Anything is obviously possible but the Oilers have better top end talent, more grit, and more experience
They have better top end talent. That’s it. Like every year they will go as far as McDrai carries them as we saw when they played Vegas and Colorado the last two years.
I think this Oilers team is better than last year but I still don’t see them as an unbeatable juggernaut in the same class as Dallas or Colorado. LA was a pretty good draw for them.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Yes. The Oilers had a good first round series and wrapped it up one game earlier than the Canucks. This is a new series. Throw the first round out the window.

Your teams won one series in how many years? Congrats on winning a round but that’s all the Canucks are going to do this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Edmonton should have this in the bag unless Silovs plays unreal but he's not Demko. Pettersson has also disappeared since 2 weeks before his contract signing. It's hard to win when your best players aren't your best players.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

They have better top end talent. That’s it. Like every year they will go as far as McDrai carries them as we saw when they played Vegas and Colorado the last two years.
As a neutral fan I can’t see how you can objectively say “that’s it”. The oil do have more experience no doubt. Also, imo, more grit but that’s quite subjective and who knows if they use it to their fullest extent/advantage.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad