Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Oilers and Canucks were both top 10 teams for goals against this year.

221 GA for the Canucks and 232 GA for the Oilers

And the Canucks have a vastly superior goaltender and a Norris nominee on the back end. It's a lot closer than you think

Since Knoblauch was hired and Campbell was sent to the minors the Oilers actually have less goals against than Van

185 for the Oilers and 188 for the Canucks

I get that you're jacked up for this series but you're making Canucks fans look pretty bad in this thread
Just wait, you'll see.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This one comes with a lot of drama involved. There's a good to fair chance that the Oilers don't become the Oilers of today without being utterly humiliated by the Canucks in October.

Canucks will need to learn from what the Predators did and switch to playing a conservative, stifling style of play that relies on a counterattack. They are not the same team that was scoring 6+ goals every night.

They cannot match the Oilers in a run and gun style. Just won't happen. However, they have more than enough talent and firepower in their lineup to make the Oilers pay for defensive miscues. The Preds just didn't have enough up front and their few elite weapons had mediocre performances.

The real X Factor in all of this is Elias Pettersson. If he turns it on, things change a lot. If he remains quiet, the Canucks don't realistically have a great chance of winning this series.

And obviously, Silovs vs Demko is a very interesting situation. Silovs is the main reason why this team won the series. I don't think DeSmith would have been enough. The kid is absolutely feeling it right now, but that was also not an elite scoring team he just faced.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
JT Miller and Boeser are bringing their BBQ's & picknick tables and are about to camp out on McDris front yard. Will be a epic battle with both teams trying to stay out of the penalty box. Really hope the refs stay the f*ck out of this series and keep the game management to a minimum.

The bare knuckle, no rules cage fight between RNH vs Pettersson is going to be epic ! Pettersson with the slight advantage here.

giphy.gif

Then we come to bottom 6 for both teams. Edmonton is going to get a very healthy dose of Joshua-Lindholm-Garland backed up by the Zadorov-Myers pair to kill anything Edmonton tries too get going. Holloway-McLeod-Perry-Nurse-Ceci are going to have to be the difference here. I believe this is where the series will be won or lost....bottom 6th depth and who wants it more.

Goaltending: Skinner vs Silovs

Advantage Vancouver. How can you not root for this young kid when he be like

giphy.gif

Reactions: I am toxic

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
JT Miller and Boeser are bringing their BBQ's & picknick tables and are about to camp out on McDris front yard. Will be a epic battle with both teams trying to stay out of the penalty box. Really hope the refs stay the f*ck out of this series and keep the game management to a minimum.

The bare knuckle, no rules cage fight between RNH vs Pettersson is going to be epic ! Pettersson with the slight advantage here.

giphy.gif

Then we come to bottom 6 for both teams. Edmonton is going to get a very healthy dose of Joshua-Lindholm-Garland backed up by the Zadorov-Myers pair to kill anything Edmonton tries too get going. Holloway-McLeod-Perry-Nurse-Ceci are going to have to be the difference here. I believe this is where the series will be won or lost....bottom 6th depth and who wants it more.

Goaltending: Skinner vs Silovs

Advantage Vancouver. How can you not root for this young kid when he be like

giphy.gif

Skinny Pete will come to play!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Riotous celebration by a couple good ol boys vs the literal murder of a city.

See the difference, Canucks fans?
Except both caused millions in damage, and both are ranked top 4 for worst sports riots in Canada. Of course Vancouver’s was worse because it happened in a much larger city with a larger gathering. Both were horrible representations from “fans”

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Offense: EDM > VAN
Defense: EDM < VAN
Goaltending: EDM =< VAN
Special Teams: EDM >> VAN

Canucks are going to have to limit the damage on special teams to have any chance. If they can keep it 5 on 5 more often it'll play into their favour but that will be tough with how EDM draws calls.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Oilers fans claiming they are a contender again. A yearly tradition every year after beating the terrible Kings team.

I am a Canucks fan. How can anyone say the Oilers are not a contender? come on. of course they are.

Why is there such a pissing match in here- or is that just par for the course in every series?

Edmonton has been the better team the last half of the season and the Canucks were the better team over the whole season. McDrai makes this team a tough team to beat, but the Oilers have warts. The Canucks have some good pieces and depth but are without Demko. Obviously anything could happen. Oilers could take it in 5 or the Canucks could. I expect the Oilers to be a tough team to beat, with two of the best players in the world creating mayhem, especially on the power play.

I don't think Oilers fans are any more of a pain in the past to face than flames or leafs fans. It is fun to be in opposition of a fan base, and it sucks to lose to any of them.

Where's the BEEF?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good thing the Nucks have proven to not be a top team then. Neck and neck battle with the worst offence in the playoffs. Oilers are going to feast.
Neither team is a top team.
Don’t lay your hopes on a 6 game playoff series and we won’t lay our hopes on sweeping your Oilers, including a game coached by the great Knob.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
The oilers have two of the best players in the world.

But behind all the mindless bravado is the fact that their goaltending and defense are vulnerable to meltdowns from pressure. If the Canucks exploit that weakness, then they will win.

Edmonton plays a high paced game. If the Canucks try to slow them down with sticks and lazy play, they will lose.

As for Cup wins, most of the Oil fan base weren't even alive the last time the Oilers won.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

But behind all the mindless bravado is the fact that their goaltending and defense are vulnerable to meltdowns from pressure. If the Canucks exploit that weakness, then they will win.

Edmonton plays a high paced game. If the Canucks try to slow them down with sticks and lazy play, they will lose.

As for Cup wins, most of the Oil fan base weren't even alive the last time the Oilers won.

I'd rate the oilers dmen top three as

1 Ekholm
2 Bouchard
3 Nurse

Vancouver has

Hughes that's about it.

You're right oiler forwards can roll 4 lines deep and goaltending is a question mark. That's one thing about Vancouver though. Their goaltending is a huge question mark.

• Haha
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

I’m 29 years old and the oilers last won a Stanley cup 5 years before I was born lol.

Reactions: ddawg1950

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad