Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I bet Hughes will be much better this series than he was vs Nashville. Petterson too, unless there's some injury issue with him that has made him quiet

For the Oilers, it will be McDavid. He was good against the Kings but he'll be better vs the Nucks

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Probably be a 6 or 7 game series unless one or both teams goalies absolutely are terrible. I have edge to Edmonton, they looked locked in against the Kings, avoided all the undisciplined stuff and just were clinical on Special Teams.

Should be a fun one.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Nucks owned the season series

If they're not too confident and show up big in Game 1

Given the goaltending remains solid and Hughes recoups

Oils' D & G will be exposed as it should

Nucks in 5

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I bet Hughes will be much better this series than he was vs Nashville. Petterson too, unless there's some injury issue with him that has made him quiet

For the Oilers, it will be McDavid. He was good against the Kings but he'll be better vs the Nucks
Canucks have a shutdown line that beat the heck out of ROR and Forsberg. So McDavid might not have that easy of a time if he is forced to defend with drysaddle and nurse on the same ice

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Be careful what you wish for. Remember Leafs and their "we want Florida" chants
Like I said. If they can’t beat the Canucks, the team stinks. I’m not delusional and expect a cup but I can admit if the team sucks shit. And if they lose, you better believe I’ll call them out for being ass.

Reactions: Macheteops

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Canucks won the regular season, but you can't bring those wins with you into the playoffs. Now you gotta try to win four more.

It'll be a tough series. Every time I expect the Canucks to falter they don't.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Canucks won the regular season, but you can't bring those wins with you into the playoffs. Now you gotta try to win four more.

It'll be a tough series. Every time I expect the Canucks to falter they don't.
Shame, wish we could just skip this series with a sweep.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Nucks in 5

the Oilers forwards can cover flaws of the Oilers D and goaltending besides the Cauncks only had 10-15 shots lol.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Hughes got dinged quite a few times by Nashville's forecheckers. There was a few big hits he took where he was in visible distress. Oilers should be trying to target him similarly when they can. I think Nashville did a lot to neutralize him with the physical play.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We just played the Preds, trust me they are better defensively and in goal.
And exponentially worse offensively.
Canucks have a shutdown line that beat the heck out of ROR and Forsberg. So McDavid might not have that easy of a time if he is forced to defend with drysaddle and nurse on the same ice
ROR and Forsberg are definitely comparable to McDavid.

Dont hurt your back stretching like that.

Reactions: viper0220

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Mcdavid and Draisaitl don't play together, and will be a much bigger test than Nashville's guys.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Nucks in 5
I agree, i feel LA 1-3-1 no forecheck system made Oilers too confident. Tgey havent seen what a forecheck looks like until now. Am waiting for Canucks to kill oilers in turnovers and counter attacks. Canucks are oilers kryptonite. People keep mentioning Avs and Jets but forget Avs is a championship team while Oilers arent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad