Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You as well pal.

Hopefully this series doesn’t ruin our HF friendship.

Should be an intense series. I’m expecting this one to get nasty and I’m all for it. Should be a wild matchup.

It’s best we avoid the main GDT :laugh: We will be chill, no hate no name calling.

Reactions: snipes

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bouchard is a lot better than you’re giving him credit for.

Ekholm should get a lot more love if anything. He’s elite and hardly anyone talks about how good he is.
Ok he's only 42069x better.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
PO are about matchups. Game plan is some combo of maximizing what you do best, limiting the exposure to your weaknesses, then negating what the opposition does well, and trying to attack their weakness.

Not going to play Edm in the same manner you play Nash. Different firepower up front plus Nash had Jossi a Norris trophy candidate and McDonaugh, playoff performer on the blueline. Plus Saros is a shorter goalie so more emphasis on traffic in front of the net.

Expect Tocchet to tweak the game plan for Edm. See how it plays out.

I mean I hope so but dont get your hopes up. Oilers are well rested, completely controlled the kings, skinner was suitable, and they can score when they need to, and there PP is clicking at 50% and we dont have demko...

Enjoy the ride for now, and like I said hope the team can pull a rabbit out of the hat next round.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
And the Jets outscored the Avs 17-4 LOL. Regular season and playoffs are different.
It’s funny how you take a few game sample size to make sweeping opinions on a team.

OMG LOOK OVER THERE AT THE JETS

lmao at the excuses, mcdavids going to ask for a trade in the summer when u fail again

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I don't think we are a rebuilding team, but with Lekk and Willander on the horizon, and Petey and Hughes being 25 and 24, we have a longer window than the Oilers, as of this moment.

it was never a rebuilding team. Even have we tanked last year, the mandate was to get this team back into the playoffs as quickly as possible. You kinda knew when we didn't trade away Boeser and we traded our Islanders pick for Hronek.
Any team that trades a 1st round pick for a rental and loses would like to reverse that trade.

Oh yes, like when leafs traded their first round picks and not win damn round. They reverse the trade too of course.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
But this is the playoffs, whole different beast.
Plus most of the Canucks edge in the season were those three games at the start of the season when every team could dummy the Oilers. This team under Knoblauch is a different animal. Plus of course that stretch was when McDavid and Ekholm were playing injured.

From what I saw from the Canucks this playoffs, they did a lot of giveaways that the Preds couldn't punish them for. We'll see how that works for them against the Oilers

Reactions: viper0220

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Now that we can agree on. But just so you know, they'll follow your playoff gdts around and tell you how the Leafs are still better despite their early exit.
Which is fine because all their playoff experience has still amounted to the same number of playoff series win as Canucks in the last 10 years eventhough canucks missed playoffs in 8 of them

• Haha
Reactions: soothsayer

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Anyone have word on who is PBP?

Please not be Singh

It would be nice if they either split the series with Shorthouse calling Vancouver home games and Singh for Edmonton. That, or just have Shorty call on SNP and Singh on SNO or whichever.

Sadly, I think Shorty already signed off. So we're likely getting Singh.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Oh yes, like when leafs traded their first round picks and not win damn round. They reverse the trade too of course.

Of course they would. You don't think the Leafs want their first for Foligno/RoR back? What did they get out of it?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think you can throw out the Canucks series sweep but feel that the Oilers are a good match up for the Canucks.
I expect a close hard fought 7 game series.
I think it will either be a tight fought 7 game series, or like what happens to a lot of young sudden success teams in the second round, series over quick.

For the Canucks, it’s going to be a question if they can adapt to the higher intensity of a hungry experienced playoff squad or not. If they don’t it’s not a knock. Most teams in the Canucks position dont, and that’s fine. Thats why it normally takes a few kicks at the can to win a cup.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think we are a rebuilding team, but with Lekk and Willander on the horizon, and Petey and Hughes being 25 and 24, we have a longer window than the Oilers, as of this moment.
By maybe 2 years at most. McDavid is less than 2 years older than Petey and will likely still be better than him until the day he retires. The only question mark is whether or not he re-signs. Bouchard who obviously isn't as good as Hughes is the exact same age.

The windows really aren't all that different if the Oilers guys re-sign.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It would be nice if they either split the series with Shorthouse calling Vancouver home games and Singh for Edmonton. That, or just have Shorty call on SNP and Singh on SNO or whichever.

Sadly, I think Shorty already signed off. So we're likely getting Singh.
It'd be nice if the Leafs lost so we wouldn't have to listen to either of them tbh.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
If the Oilers can’t beat the Canucks, then this team can never win the cup. This would be the perfect revenge after the regular season just as the Avs had.

1714793272110.jpeg

Reactions: Macheteops

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yes its pretty much their first playoff experience not in the bubble.
Playoff experience is the most overrated thing on this forum. LA had 3 years of playoff experience, played Oilers twice in a row in playoffs before coming into this series and still lost in 1st round while Canucks with their 3rd string goalie won their first round. So much for playoff "experience". Playoffs experience is only good if you learn from it and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad