Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m not convinced skinner wouldn’t have given up 3 in the third even if Edmonton played significantly better. I AM convinced Edmonton would have won had skinner played better.
And if Silovs played better Vancouver likely winss without giving up as many goals. They drastically outplayed Edmonton and deserved the win

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
And poor defence, and being controlled for 40 minutes without being able to adjust. Skinner is just an easy scapegoat, same as he has been in the regular season
ok

They lost because of Skinner, Nurse and Ceci and because the offense generated 5 shots over the final 40 minutes. That D pair was our chanced 12-1 when matched against Canucks third line.
ok

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Could Skinner be better? Yes, could Silovs also have been better? Yes.

The difference is the team got better in front of Silovs where as the team didn’t get better in front of Skinner.

Neither goalie put on a stellar performance

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Hope the Canucks pull this out and bring about maximum chaos.

Understand the excitement but some fans would do to come back down to earth a bit. Even though the Canucks had a much better game 1 performance that should be cause for hope and excitement for this series, going full Jets and thinking the regular season series and game 1 means this is in the bag could blow up just as badly
I think the majority of Canucks fans are fully aware of how good a hockey team the Oilers are and know that it is going to be a long series if they manage to beat them. They also are aware of the complete disrespect and derision that the Canucks have received all season long……especially from one certain fan base……

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
PDO PDO PDO... i thought we couldnt make the playoffs cuz of our PDO.!
oh, i thought we couldn't win the division cuz of our PDO
Oh i thought we were 1st round fakers cuz of our PDO
Oh i thought Edmonton was going to sweep us because of our PDO.

Yeah, teams that generate 50 shots by shooting backhands from the sidewall hashmarks or 68mph wristers with no screen from the blueline, worry about them... you dont have to worry about us, just overlook us please and thank you :)

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I think the majority of Canucks fans are fully aware if how good a hockey team the Oilers are and know that it is going to be a long series if they manage to beat them. They also are aware of the complete disrespect and derision that the Canucks have received all season long……especially from one certain fan base……
That certain fanbase is like that with everyone. Never seen a group of people get so annoyed about the crowd having fun before but apparently there is a right and wrong way to have a good time

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Could Skinner be better? Yes, could Silovs also have been better? Yes.

The difference is the team got better in front of Silovs where as the team didn’t get better in front of Skinner.

Neither goalie put on a stellar performance
This is the last thing I'm going to say on this because it's pointless now. Vancouver should not need to rely on their third string goaltender to help them win games they shouldn't. IF Edmonton can't rely on their starting netminder to bail them out with a three goal lead then they're DoA. Giving up good goals is one thing, but the Garland goal was a shot I could have saved and I haven't played professional in 30 years.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This is the last thing I'm going to say on this because it's pointless now. Vancouver should not need to rely on their third string goaltender to help them win games they shouldn't. IF Edmonton can't rely on their starting netminder to bail them out with a three goal lead then they're DoA. Giving up good goals is one thing, but the Garland goal was a shot I could have saved and I haven't played professional in 30 years.
And when you’re playing a 3rd string goalie you shouldn’t only get 7 shots on net through 40 minutes while simultaneously leaving your net minder out to dry, you need to pressure that 3rd stringer and play defence.

Skinner gets criminally shit on when the team in front of him is no good. Skinner is just as good as Demko

• Wow
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
And when you’re playing a 3rd string goalie you shouldn’t only get 7 shots on net through 40 minutes while simultaneously leaving your net minder out to dry, you need to pressure that 3rd stringer and play defence.

Skinner gets criminally shit on when the team in front of him is no good. Skinner is just as good as Demko
We're just never going to see it the same, but that's...

ok

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
As much as I enjoy the hatred, after watching multiple Canes V Rags games can we all at least agree and unite behind our good fortune of not needing to listen to Harnarayan and Louie call this series?

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
As much as I enjoy the hatred, after watching multiple Canes V Rags games can we all at least agree and unite behind our good fortune of not needing to listen to Harnarayan and Louie call this series?
No.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm assuming someone has pointed out that Nuck's are now 5-0 against us this season in a Span of October to May? I don't like it one bit.lol

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
They deserved the win, but Edmonton lost because of skinner.

Not really. We basically gifted you a 2-0 lead with Cole losing his damn mind. The only outright terrible goal Skinner let in was Garland's. Sure, he probably wants Zadorov's back but it's far from horrendous.

He contributed to the loss for sure but going what, 34 minutes without a single shot on goal is a much bigger factor.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Hope the Canucks pull this out and bring about maximum chaos.

Understand the excitement but some fans would do to come back down to earth a bit. Even though the Canucks had a much better game 1 performance that should be cause for hope and excitement for this series, going full Jets and thinking the regular season series and game 1 means this is in the bag could blow up just as badly
While this is absolute truth, I'm just happy that at least one Canadian team will reach the Conf. Finals. I'd like to see that team take the Cup home. Preferably the Canucks.

If that happens there will be maximum chaos. Trust that.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Not really. We basically gifted you a 2-0 lead with Cole losing his damn mind. The only outright terrible goal Skinner let in was Garland's. Sure, he probably wants Zadorov's back but it's far from horrendous.

He contributed to the loss for sure but going what, 34 minutes without a single shot on goal is a much bigger factor.
I don't care about ether team.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
3rd year in a row Draisaitl has been hurt during the playoffs. Fully expect him to return game 2 only to hear how much of a warrior he is posting 2.0 ppg all while playing on one leg, or this case wearing half his hockey equipment.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Canucks : Cole had an uncharacteristic bad game, Silvos is a rookie and a third string goalie, team didn't panic and played to its strengths and plans, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after being down 4-1.

Oilers : Nurse sucks as always, Skinner gave up bad goals, team sat back and was dominated for two periods, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after blowing a 4-1 lead, and Draisaitl is out due to equipment issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad