Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Post game 1 Oilers fans reaction...

View attachment 867760
Dude HFOIL was melting down after the first goal.

Series is far from over. Oilers clearly stopped playing after the 4th goal and the Canucks never stopped or gave up.

Im embarrassed by their reactions and sorry to be associated with them. The doomer posters than only come out after a loss that haven't been around since the end of the season came crawling back out to trash shit. That being said, a lot of Canuck fans haven't been very graceful in victory.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Series is far from over. Oilers clearly stopped playing after the 4th goal and the Canucks never stopped or gave up.

Im embarrassed by their reactions and sorry to be associated with them. The doomer posters than only come out after a loss that haven't been around since the end of the season came crawling back out to trash shit. That being said, a lot of Canuck fans haven't been very graceful in victory.
To be fair, a lot of Oiler fans weren’t being graceful before the series even started.
Edmonton may have been the favourites but Vancouver is a very good team that won the Pacific from start to finish. Always respect your opponent.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I said before the series started there was no way the Oilers could match our bottom six. I was "informed" that Edmonton's bottom six had speed, skill and savvy and would bury our 3rd and 4th lines.

Like the speedy Corey Perry. Looked like he should have gotten a delay of game penalty trying to skate with the puck.

Add in, Nurse making brain dead plays.

Skinner looking dazed and confused.

Oilers as a team back on their heels and not handling the Canucks relentless forecheck.
So can Knobby figure this out?

In fairness, our bottom six normally includes Holloway, Foegele and McLeod, all of whom have a good amount of speed. The problem is with Henrique out last night and Draisaitl missing most of the 2nd, that means two of those guys are now playing in the top-6... not ideal. Even still Derek Ryan had the primary assist on Ceci's goal.

My take: Oilers did fine until the 10 minute mark of the third... we were playing "text book" play with the lead for the first 10 minutes, chipping pucks in deep, very passive on the forecheck and making Vancouver come the full length of the ice... it's what you are "supposed" to do, but it was absolutely the wrong strategy with a team with Hughes on the back end and that can skate like Vancouver. Eventually Vancouver's breakout was... gonna breakout as we saw with Garland's goal.

Knobloch had them playing way too passive... I don't expect that to happen again.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
5 shots in 2 periods by the Oilers.
A lot of talk before the series about how the Canucks couldn’t generate shots against Nashville and how the Oilers offense was unstoppable.
I think people need to realize that every series is different and that you can’t make conclusions based on prior series with different opponents.
Heck every game in a series is different. It’s one only game and still a lot of hockey to be played.
The Canucks play completely different system than the kings, and the Oilers play a completely different system than Nashville.

That’s the fun part about the playoffs, every series is a complete reset

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver

To be fair theres been an endless number of Oil fans calling the canucks frauds all season, saying the regular season doesnt count, endless tripe about PDO, hot air about how Nashville wasnt a legit playoff team when they actually had a better season than the oilers post all star game, pointing out how the Canucks couldnt generate offence in round 1....well the oilers just got beat in game one by a team that has never quit all year - and as a bonus has a 23 year old with almost 0 playoff experience in net.

I honestly dont know what will happen the rest of the series, all I will say is Oilers are fortunate that the Canucks dont have their superstar goalie in net so they still have a chance.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Canucks play completely different system than the kings, and the Oilers play a completely different system than Nashville.

That’s the fun part about the playoffs, every series is a complete reset
Agreed. One thing we’ve learned is never count this team out. Two of the biggest playoff comebacks in team history already this year. It ain’t always pretty but this team just never quits.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
To be fair, a lot of Oiler fans weren’t being graceful before the series even started.
Edmonton may have been the favourites but Vancouver is a very good team that won the Pacific from start to finish. Always respect your opponent.
I personally subscribe to not rubbing it in other fans faces. Its not like we are out there playing the game.

(unless its the leafs unfortunately, I've been known to say some regretful things about them and their fans)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Agreed. One thing we’ve learned is never count this team out. Two of the biggest playoff comebacks in team history already this year. It ain’t always pretty but this team just never quits.
It’s been unbelievable man, I’m just so satisfied already, but now with what we’re doing, it’s making me dream, can this actually happen?
Do we actually have a real shot

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The scary thing is it isn't stunning.

Hiring Holland was a massive mistake. He didn't fix the D or goaltending.

If Skinner isn't good in a game 2 loss, they probably have to go to the backup.

This D is all signed through next year as well...
So Oilers will probably be running it back again.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
like any fan base we have a percentage that hyperbolize things for comedy sake and others that are doom and gloom only. these ones only come out after a loss and pile on

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I said before the series started there was no way the Oilers could match our bottom six. I was "informed" that Edmonton's bottom six had speed, skill and savvy and would bury our 3rd and 4th lines.

Like the speedy Corey Perry. Looked like he should have gotten a delay of game penalty trying to skate with the puck.

Add in, Nurse making brain dead plays.

Skinner looking dazed and confused.

Oilers as a team back on their heels and not handling the Canucks relentless forecheck.
So can Knobby figure this out?
But Perry and Kane were going to punish the lowly Canucks in this series

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Expecting McDrai to step up big time in game 2. I'd be borderline shocked if they didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad