Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
damn the nucks have shellshocked the oilers in the first regular season game and now the first game of the series.
Time for Oilers to go on anotger big losing streak lol. Definitely Oilers kryptonite. Skinner still has PTSD from canucks games early this season.

Reactions: tfwnogf

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Either team is getting smoked next round whether they play Dallas or Colorado.
People say this every time.
Canucks gonna get smoked by nashville
Canucks gonna gwt smoked by edmonton

It’s the playoffs, anything can happen, canucks work insanely hard and have a ridiculous third line, most teams can't match.

Onto game 2

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Some Oilers fans still not giving Vancouver credit. I see a lot of excuses on how and why the Oilers lost but the main reasons seems to be that EDM somehow stopped playing and shooting the puck.

Give me a break. It couldn't be the fact that Vancouver is a deeper and better team top to bottom and just straight up took it to EDM and gave them more than they could handle. I watched the entire game and I didn't see EDM stop playing. I saw a Vancouver team ramp it up and control the last half of the game. Of course a teams shot count will slow when they never have the puck. EDM were out worked and out played.

Had Vancouver not had a very young 23yr old 3rd string goalie in net who was clearly anxious this would have been a completely different score and maybe then Vancouver would start to get the credit they deserve. I know this series is far from over, but some people need to wake up and realize this Vancouver team is a good team. You don't stay at the top of the standings all season long and dominate round one on a fluke. EDM are in for it.
Well said

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How big are the additions of Zadarov and Lindholm looking right now? Lindholm owned the dot and his line dominated. Zadarov has been a beast all playoffs and scores a huge goal.
Management has done a great job of identifying players like Joshua, Soucy, Blueger, and Suter that improved this team significantly.
People keep saying it’s the same core that missed the playoffs but there’s been significant changes (4 of the 6 D are different) and players like Miller, Hughes and Boeser have taken significant steps in improving their games.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
People say this every time.
Canucks gonna get smoked by nashville
Canucks gonna gwt smoked by edmonton

It’s the playoffs, anything can happen, canucks work insanely hard and have a ridiculous third line, most teams can't match.

Onto game 2
You're not wrong, anything can happen, but Dallas or Colorado would be heavy favorites against the winner of this series. The level of play of their series 1st round and this one vs. Canucks-Preds, Oilers-Kings and whatever that slogfest was last night is night and day.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
How big are the additions of Zadarov and Lindholm looking right now? Lindholm owned the dot and his line dominated. Zadarov has been a beast all playoffs and scores a huge goal.
Management has done a great job of identifying players like Joshua, Soucy, Blueger, and Suter that improved this team significantly.
Rutherford and allvin just know what they are doing, its been pretty fun to watch

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
True, they have done a masterful job identifying playoff warriors compared to last management where they were getting busts like Eriksson and OEL

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
5 shots in 2 periods by the Oilers.
A lot of talk before the series about how the Canucks couldn’t generate shots against Nashville and how the Oilers offense was unstoppable.
I think people need to realize that every series is different and that you can’t make conclusions based on prior series with different opponents.
Heck every game in a series is different. It’s one only game and still a lot of hockey to be played.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You're not wrong, anything can happen, but Dallas or Colorado would be heavy favorites against the winner of this series. The level of play of their series 1st round and this one vs. Canucks-Preds, Oilers-Kings and whatever that slogfest was last night is night and day.
If Canucks beat the Oilers then who knows what happens the next round especially if Demko comes back. Lindholm was injured and now is healthy along with Joshua, so this Canucks team is just different than the one Avs faced or Dallas. Lindholm line was put together recently just before playoffs and have found chemistry.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
What if both stink? Who’s number 3? Canucks are winning using their third stringer.
If Pickard stinks in game two, I'd say Skinner is the man for the rest of the series. No way I'd trust Campbell even though I think he did pretty good in AHL.

Game two Pickard would give the coach an idea who to use for home ice game 3. If the coach uses Skinner again, a good game still shows he's up and down and Pickard is untapped potential. A bad game then Pickard gets thrown in game 3 at home under pressure.

I'm just guessing here. But given how shaky Skinner is, Pickard should get a chance at some point to see if he's worth subbing in.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

You need to get out of your own head and stop buying into internet fud. As has been already pointed out, the games need to be played on the ice. AT this stage of the season every team left is capable of beating any team they face. Injuries will of course play a factor as well. Saying team Y will steamroll team X before either team is even through their current series is just down right silly and makes the person repeating it look even more so.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oh for sure the winner of this series would be a big underdog. Colorado and Dallas are great teams. But both have weaknesses that can be exploited.
And for the Canucks if they won they could have Demko back who is a huge difference maker.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If Pickard stinks in game two, I'd say Skinner is the man for the rest of the series. No way I'd trust Campbell even though I think he did pretty good in AHL.

Game two Pickard would give the coach an idea who to use for home ice game 3. If the coach uses Skinner again, a good game still shows he's up and down and Pickard is untapped potential. A bad game then Pickard gets thrown in game 3 at home under pressure.

I'm just guessing here. But given how shaky Skinner is, Pickard should get a chance at some point to see if he's worth subbing in.
I doubt they will start pickard. Its skinner for next game

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

I am sure Skinner will play game 2. He was shaky in game 1 and pretty bad in game 2 against LA as well and then had a shutout the next game so I am sure he will get another chance. If he plays as poorly in game 2 then I could see them switching for game 3.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad