Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Nearly doubled up Edmonton on both chances and high danger chances. Edmonton finished the game with an expected goals of 1, Vancouver expected goals of 3.
View attachment 867657

Vancouver also played pretty poorly and can be expected to play better. Skinner and the defence deciding to turn into pumpkins isn’t really a “miraculous comeback”. That’s more on Edmonton playing like a bad team
Yeah I referenced this in my post earlier... anyone who thinks this game was anywhere near even and was lost only because Skinner let in a soft goal or two were not paying attention. Oil got outplayed really badly 5 on 5 throughout the night, couldnt sustain any pressure after the first 10-15 minutes. Canucks third line had more scoring chances than the entire Oilers team did today.

Again, I expect them to play better come game 2, but if we are talking about just this game the Oilers brought nothing worth talking about, other than the powerplay I guess. They were outplayed defensively, offensively, and in transition 5 on 5.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I referenced this in my post earlier... anyone who thinks this game was anywhere near even and was lost only because Skinner let in a soft goal or two were not paying attention. Oil got outplayed really badly 5 on 5 throughout the night, couldnt sustain any pressure after the first 10-15 minutes. Canucks third line had more scoring chances than the entire Oilers team did today.

Again, I expect them to play better come game 2, but if we are talking about just this game the Oilers brought nothing worth talking about, other than the powerplay I guess. They were outplayed defensively, offensively, and in transition 5 on 5.
Take it one game at a time, and this game heavily favoured Vancouver. I expect game 2 will be a different story

Reactions: geebster

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Edmonton fans on here are wild... go through every GDT from the regular season , you have more "ref" related comments than any other fanbase on here. Always whining about the ref's.
Seriously. Either A) They're delusional or B) there is a league wide conspiracy to make them lose via intentional bad reffing.
hmmmm one of those HAS to be true..which could it be?
Its because the thing they are most dominant at is the powerplay. When you lose close games and you see missed calls (which every team faces every game), it hurts extra when you know thats a near guaranteed goal you couldve had. Thats where that fixation comes from. Teams that have bad powerplays dont get as caught up on the borderline or missed calls. I know I used to get pretty upset back in the 2011 era at missed calls in tight games since I knew the Nucks had the best powerplay in the league and how lethal it could be.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Foegele cost them the game he backed off and didn't pressure/forecheck the d man who who hit garland with a breakout pass for gwg. McDavid as captain needs to rally the players to do better than that if the aspirations are cup or bust players can't make mistakes like that... just because McDavid and drai are on your team doesn't mean you should expect them to hero hockey and bail the team out of mistakes if they want the cup it can't be the edmonton McDavid's and draisaitl's it wasn't the edmonton Gretzky's when they won its gotta be the Oilers that win

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
The Oilers can't sit back so much when they have a lead, especially with Skinner in net. Even the Canucks only had 24 shots and few good scoring chances but Skinner was about as bad as can be. Even he won't be that terrible every game though. The Oilers probably would have won with Pickard in net.
nope, go look at the advanced stats.
expected goals were 3-1 in favor of Van. Dont let Skinners weak play fool ya

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Alas, it's only one game. I'm glad my team won, and I will suffer not being able to speak for a few days and prob lost some hearing at the game, but there has to be 4. Good game Oilers, thanks for a very entertaining game 1, see you game 2.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
No not at all. Definitely.

Dakota Joshua scores at a 25 goal pace every year, Quinn Hughes scores 90 points every year, Boeser scores 40 every year, Hronek scores almost 50 every year, Hoglander scores 24 every year. That’s not counting almost everyone else who at least matched prior career highs that haven’t been seen recently.
surprised you didnt mention McDavid having 100 assists every year or Hyman scoring 50+ goals every year, Bouchard having 82 points every year. How bout Ekholm having 11 goals and 45 points every year or Foegele scoring 20 goals every year? Thats not counting almost everyone else who at least matched prior career highs that haven't been seen recently

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Oilers fans.. for reals, I know you guys are blaming your D-men but Skinner absolutely shit the bed on the last four of those goals. Dude needs to make a save on ALL of them. I might give him the benefit of the doubt with Miller's tip goal, but the rest of them... f***.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The oilers might have had done better with Seymour skinner in net.

That game winner was atrocious, and it's the timing of that stinker that can kill the confidence that his teammates may have in him. When the game is on the line, you dont want to be worrying whether you tender will allow a bad goal. Those who have played this game on any level can tell you how it can even affect your own game when playing infront of a goalie that you lose confidence in to make the routine save.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Cool, what are your thoughts on Silovs. Both goalies were awful tonight. The Canucks completely outplayed the oilers in this game.
Oil had a 3-1 lead. All three third period goals were stoppable. Plain and simple. Skinner collapsed.

• Haha
Reactions: Trow

Feb 20, 2013
The better team won, behind a bad performance from their 3rd string goalie.

Absolutely the better team won, but Silovs wasn't at fault for 3/4 goals against. Two weird bounces that he had no chance on, and a well worked PP goal.

The Canucks were dominant at evens, even when the score was 4-1. Edmonton was perfect on special teams but lost. They cannot afford to waste this type of special teams play if they want to go far in these playoffs because eventually their luck will dry up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad