Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Pettersson is 25 and Hronek is 26. Lowers the Canucks average slightly.

Rnh and hyman are 31. EP and hronek are 25 and 26. I don't know if the rest are accurate or not. If you're going to argue with numbers, at least do so in good faith.
Oh, ok, so the canucks are like 4 months younger due to my quick and dirty math errors.

I don't feel like that really changes the argument at all. Functionally - from a years of professional career left - the canucks are the same age.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Oilers have an average age of 27.7.

Canucks have an average age of 26.8.

So they are not literally the same age.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Ekholm has been awesome this playoffs, I'm not seeing a decline at all.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers have an average age of 27.7.

Canucks have an average age of 26.8.

So they are not literally the same age.

Right. So you're saying that the canucks aren't cup or bust this year, they're cup or bust next year where they're guaranteed to be worse because you're paying Pettersson McDavid money? Or is the thought that the Oilers are at the end of their window out to lunch?

They're virtually the same age. We aren't taking about a bunch of 23 year olds vs the Pittsburgh Penguins.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Right. So you're saying that the canucks aren't cup or bust this year, they're cup or bust next year where they're guaranteed to be worse because you're paying Pettersson McDavid money? Or is the thought that the Oilers are at the end of their window out to lunch?

They're virtually the same age. We aren't taking about a bunch of 23 year olds vs the Pittsburgh Penguins.
I'm not saying any of that. You're misrepresenting the teams ages, I'm correcting you.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Are people saying Oilers window is closing due to age?

It's not closing due to age. It's closing because superstars don't tend to want to stay in Edmonton long term, especially when their gms build top heavy teams with shit depth and crappy goaltending.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Vancouver are cooked, there's no way that McDavid and Draisaitl are losing game 7, Vancouver had their chance in game 6 and blew it and now they will be without Boeser so they will need Silovs to stand on his ears I don't see it. Regardless if its Vancouver or Edmonton it will end next round versus the Dallas Stars who are stacked top to bottom.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
It's crazy to say Edmontons window is closing. They'll be good for another 6-8 years.
That is if they are able to keep McDavid and Drasi to a new contract in less than 2 years. Whoever signs McDavid as a UFA will be an instant contender no matter which team he joins if he wants to win the cup for less money since he already have it made. I honestly don't know if they would be able to keep both of them and even want to live in Edmonton once they reach UFA.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
That is if they are able to keep McDavid and Drasi to a new contract in less than 2 years. Whoever signs McDavid as a UFA will be an instant contender no matter which team he joins if he wants to win the cup for less money since he already have it made. I honestly don't know if they would be able to keep both of them and even want to live in Edmonton once they reach UFA.
Oilers are the only team that can keep them together.

Love to see it. Lets go Oilers.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716182393602.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716182393602.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
We'll see. We don't know what McDavid or Drasi are thinking as they are focused on the Cup run but 2 years down the road and they may or may not want to stay.
I honestly doubt they want to split up.
The oilers are the only team that can keep them together barring some stupid trade.
Mcdavid and Draisaitl are breaking records and will continue to break records.
I highly doubt draisaitl is going to leave. He will get the extra year here and a hefty contract.

Reactions: Leon der Profi

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I honestly doubt they want to split up.
The oilers are the only team that can keep them together barring some stupid trade.
Mcdavid and Draisaitl are breaking records and will continue to break records.
I highly doubt draisaitl is going to leave. He will get the extra year here and a hefty contract.
I dont think they'll leave either They like playing together. Seem to like living here even with all the bullshit "deadmonton" shit you here, especially on HF. Pretty pathetic btw.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Are people saying Oilers window is closing due to age?

It's not closing due to age. It's closing because superstars don't tend to want to stay in Edmonton long term, especially when their gms build top heavy teams with shit depth and crappy goaltending.

I mean, that's speculation at best, and factually incorrect at worst. The only superstar that's ever left Edmonton due to Edmonton is Pronger.

Virtually every other star player that's ever left the Oilers left due to money, the team moving on from them, or some combination of both.

I'll say I've never seen a pair of players with more of a bromance then McDavid and Draisaitl. They literally live, train, and travel together in the offseason. Literally their wives are childhood friends as well. Last off season they literally went to a random Nickelback concert in rural Manitoba together. The only place they'll be able to play together is in Edmonton.

More likely I'd say would be if they're worried about their legacy and want to chase a cup. But we've still got a couple kicks at the can yet I think.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
Vancouver are cooked, there's no way that McDavid and Draisaitl are losing game 7, Vancouver had their chance in game 6 and blew it and now they will be without Boeser so they will need Silovs to stand on his ears I don't see it. Regardless if its Vancouver or Edmonton it will end next round versus the Dallas Stars who are stacked top to bottom.

damn you just jinxed edmonton :P

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I mean, that's speculation at best, and factually incorrect at worst. The only superstar that's ever left Edmonton due to Edmonton is Pronger.

Virtually every other star player that's ever left the Oilers left due to money, the team moving on from them, or some combination of both.

I'll say I've never seen a pair of players with more of a bromance then McDavid and Draisaitl. They literally live, train, and travel together in the offseason. Literally their wives are childhood friends as well. Last off season they literally went to a random Nickelback concert in rural Manitoba together. The only place they'll be able to play together is in Edmonton.

More likely I'd say would be if they're worried about their legacy and want to chase a cup. But we've still got a couple kicks at the can yet I think.
That's literally a lot of literallys. ;)

Sure, the only superstar who has ever left edmonton due to edmonton is Pronger. But the fact remains that no superstar has stayed in Edmonton, and there's a reason they show up on literally ;) every single player's NTC list.

But McDavid and Draisaitl could very well be the exception. McDavid does come across as a bit of an odd duck so so maybe he's right where he wants to be.

• Haha
Reactions: notsocommonsense

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

People are saying you are at the end of your window because if you lose everyone imagines McDavid and or Dria will walk.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Honestly, being able to bring Edmonton to game 7 without Demko and playing our 3rd string 23y/o goalie is impressive enough.

We werent even supposed to be here in the 1st place and we still have a chance to take the series, regardless of whatever happens tomorrow, im still proud of my bois.

Reactions: David71 and Crinny

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Bouchard is elite. Oilers were missing that offensive presence on the blue line for so long. Eckholm and bouchard have made the oilers into a cup threat after wallowing with sub par defence for years.

I think van is cooked but who knows they are a scrappy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad