Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Yeah poor Kuemper. He was awesome for the Avalanche as well but man, that type of injury just ruins careers. You know it absolutely sucks that Okposo had a similar injury and he's never been the same.
I went back to school this year on top of work I’m clearly soooooo out of the loop. I had no idea he was injured, such a bummer he’s a likeable guy.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse and Boobchard cant defend to save their lives. Cant wait for Hughes to break their ankles with his dekes. Ekholm is probably the only defense "man" in that group while Canucks got big tanks at the back end
You still waiting for that? It’s been 6 games is he gonna do or not?

Meanwhile Hughes himself gets his ankles broken by a rookie tonight that’s never in his entire career scored a rush goal like that.

Bouch is better than Hughes defensively and offensively by the way.

Game looked like it was gonna be like most game where Oilers can’t hold on to momentum after scoring and let game slip away. They didn’t know. If they adjusted then Van might be in trouble

Skinner wasn’t really tested but it’s still massive confidence booster for him which has looked shot since that game 1 meltdown.
Game 1 “meltdown” was a huge team defence meltdown. That we didn’t see tonight. Most of it has been on the D which has now stabilized and playing solid with minimized mistakes.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
You still waiting for that? It’s been 6 games is he gonna do or not?

Meanwhile Hughes himself gets his ankles broken by a rookie tonight that’s never in his entire career scored a rush goal like that.

Bouch is better than Hughes defensively and offensively by the way.

Game 1 “meltdown” was a huge team defence meltdown. That we didn’t see tonight. Most of it has been on the D which has now stabilized and playing solid with minimized mistakes.

Certainly has been this series, but I hope he doesn't find that game in the regular season right away or the Oil won't be able to afford his extension.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Certainly has been this series, but I hope he doesn't find that game in the regular season right away or the Oil won't be able to afford his extension.
He’s already in astronomical extension category. Toronto sports networks may not give him credit, but his agent will ensure he gets credit for his bonkers productio. I’m okay with it though, He’s earned it. We will need to make sacrifices at other spots on the roster.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
I’m just glad that Canucks fans won’t stress over the next game since they didn’t even expect to be here and this season wasn’t supposed to be anything huge anyway. :sarcasm:
How about we just say it wasn’t a “cup or bust” season

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Clinical game from the Oilers, pretty much the exact opposite of game 5. No clue what happens in game 7

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I’m just glad that Canucks fans won’t stress over the next game since they didn’t even expect to be here and this season wasn’t supposed to be anything huge anyway. :sarcasm:
If you don’t think I can simultaneously be stressed the f*** out and still surprised to be here, I’m about to show you some excellent multi tasking

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Just chalk it up to a productive year, win or lose. And worry about a cup next season then.
That’s more or less my outlook but like, of course there’s a part of me that’s like “what if they win it all through….”

Shitty to lose Demko at a bad time but injuries are part of cup luck. Good to see Ian Clarke is still a goalie god. Still haven’t lost yet but everything from here out would be playing with house money.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
And I’m enjoying every moment of it! Gl in Vancouver
You too. May the best team win. Because as we have both seen… they are both super capable of shitting the bed.

That’s more or less my outlook but like, of course there’s a part of me that’s like “what if they win it all through….”
Word. Always that twinkle of “what if.”

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
You too. May the best team win. Because as we have both seen… they are both super capable of shitting the bed.

Word. Always that twinkle of “what if.”
Tbh I’m already exhausted I was not expecting to manage sports stress this years I legit took a 3 week trip to Europe mid November with the thought of “meh the Canucks will play themselves out of the playoffs by Nov 1 as usual”.

But nooooooo this f*** ass team comes out of the gate blazing and my dumbass is watching games at 1-4am in Spain trying to explain to my hostess that this is a normal and reasonable thing to do.

Also Rick Tocchet is a boss, I didn’t think he would be a good fit when hired and I am eating so much crow right now it’s supplementing my Loblaws boycott.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I know they want to get Pettersson going but I think splitting up that Joshua-Lindholm-Garland line is a mistake. I wonder if the get reunited for g7

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Oilers took game 5 off and came out firing tonight with the extra rest.

Canucks took tonight off. Hopefully they will have the same energy come Monday.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I know they want to get Pettersson going but I think splitting up that Joshua-Lindholm-Garland line is a mistake. I wonder if the get reunited for g7

At this point Pettersson should be treated like a young and/or depth player where they have to earn better linemates and ice-time and not just be gifted them to help get them going.

Garland deserves Lindholm's support a lot more than Pettersson.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Credit to the Oilers for a solid performance tonight.

Oilers have definitely been the better team overall in this series but game 7 is a toss-up. I imagine it comes down to which team's star players come up big, and given how things have gone so far, the clear edge goes to Edmonton here.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Well ya that’s my point.
Oiler fans and the team should be stressing like crazy. But this was a “hey we’re just happy to be here” year for the Canucks.
I get the sentiment, but the Canucks won their division and they are playing the underdogs card so I don't really get that. I am happy we are here but I don't like all the fans playing this "Happy just to be here" card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad