GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
I'd love to turn this off but this is the last 20 mins we'll see of this team. They've brought me a lot of joy this year.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Need some help big nasty and guys that make teams pay have the skill guys and have solid pieces on d management will work on that they have from start
I don't think you necessarily need nasty but you need stronger.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Going to be tough going forward.

The goaltending was the only reason they got as far as it did. Demko or Silovs provides hope.

Defense was overall decent but going to have massive turnover. Hronek showed he’s incapable and should be moved. Hughes did not look good at all and showed what we all worried about; hit him constantly and his body can’t take it.

Forwards were most terrible. Lindholm showed fairly well but he will be gone. Boeser was outstanding but now has bigger issues to deal with. Miller was a yoyo. EP a complete no show which does not bode well.

Team is still slower than molasses and gets exposed with speed when the system breaks down.

The PP was atrocious, never got fixed and likely resulted in the 2nd round exit. PK was better but not great.

Allvin needs a huge offseason because the playoffs exposed a lot of weaknesses and the teams left in the West aren’t going away next year either.
McDavid & Drai are the only reasons Edm got where they did. They provide hope.
Our D has significantly improved from where it was before Foote and Gonch came in
Forwards gained significant experience working together
Speed and PP isn't what it was, and I think there's a reason for that. We'll find out what soon.
I have faith in Alvin and his chipmunks to get shit done.

Reactions: calnuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The only despair is how do you improve the team from here with a looming 5m OEL hit for 2 years.

You really need Lekk, Willander and Pettersson 2.0 to hit while also hoping some prospects just unexpectedly bloom. This team needs ELCs in multiple roles.

You cannot afford to have depth wingers making anywhere north of 3 mil.

Reactions: calnuck

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Man...there's empty seats there? Those fans ought to be fired into the sun imo.

I don't care how stupid and frustrating this game has been. It's game 7 and you paid heavens knows how much for those lower bowl seats. Sit your ass in the chair and cheer.

Reactions: PavelBure10

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!