GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
There has been zero game to game momentum this series.

Boys gotta get in the zone & dial in mentally - effort without good mental just results in you running around looking like a chicken with it's head cut off.

This team has ducked all the historical trends of previous Canucks teams. Tons of late game heroics, big comebacks, even keeled mental, etc. I have faith they'll bring it next game.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
We’re not winning with no demko. In fact it’s pretty amazing we’re at game 7 in rd 2 with demko out. I want the Canucks to win, but whoever does it’ll be deserved. If passengers show up, they deserve to be golfing then playing hockey

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Cannot believe I am not that worried about the pk going into game 7. That statement would sound crazy to me 11 days ago. Don’t get me wrong stay out of the box but it’s very far the inevitable feeling I had in game 1 when we took a penalty.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
There’s no holding back this is it you have to throw shots on net much like game 5.

Forward have to cover defense didn’t see much of that in the last one.

It’s almost like they need to go back to:

Structure
Habits
Standards

Who would have thought in September they could be giving themselves an opportunity to go to a 3rd round for a conference final championship?

Let’s go!

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

IMG_0404.png

archangel2

May 19, 2019
We’re not winning with no demko. In fact it’s pretty amazing we’re at game 7 in rd 2 with demko out. I want the Canucks to win, but whoever does it’ll be deserved. If passengers show up, they deserve to be golfing then playing hockey
Up till last night Silvo had saved our asses

Reactions: Zippgunn

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
I feel like we weren't as physical last night. Need to ramp that up again. Home crowd will help that.

Mik in over pod too. I'd like to see that change.

Reactions: Indiana

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
I think the frustrating thing is that we can win if we play the right way. Actually playing that way is the problem.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
We’ve won 6 difficult games in this postseason with no Demko.

I don’t understand that mentality. We have a fighting chance as long as the guys give everything they have on the ice.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Trying to mentally prepare myself for the disappointment.
How can anyone be disappointed by this team going this far? October 2023, "IF everything goes right I think we are a playoff team, but everything has to go right"
Canucks look to be fighting for a wild card spot this year.

Who would have thunk Division winners, game seven round two?
Home ice, home crowd, come out pressing.
You've worked hard all year for this moment, now produce.
Big games I would tell the players, every game you played all year was practice for this one.
Just beat the Oilers, will be nauseating to hear their obnoxious fans gloat, don’t care if we get swept by the Stars after.
I think the only thing heard out of Edmonton will be sighs of relief. Or calls for the headsman.
We'll likely lose, given how we played.

But that's something I've made my peace with.

Still proud of our team, still will be.
Last game Vancouver looked laid back and not putting out 110%, maybe 85 to 90%.
A plan?
Did Edmonton just blow their wad? Give everything they had and more?
While the Canucks were almost coasting?

The Canucks didn't shoot enough for Skinner to gain back all he has lost in confidence and the Nux were still unlucky not to get another goal, maybe two.

Was that a round/game they rested and gave the Oilers?

The Canucks dominated in game 5 after less than outstanding games the previous 3 tilts.

The Canucks will have last change, with good in game coaching that can mean a lot.
It is game seven, has the Canuck management been exaggerating on Demko's return? Or a plan?:oops::sarcasm:

You have to really want it. Impose their will.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
And just like that, we’re the underdogs again. For 24 hours after Game 5, the hockey world was treating this time like they belonged and gave them some long overdue kudos. Now it’s right back to being a road bump on the Mighty Oilers’ path to Lord Stanley, now that “the real Oilers” have decided to show up.

I’m proud of this group no matter how this game goes, and I’ve enjoyed this ride with you all - but I hope we take those narratives and shove them up the hockey world’s collective ass.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Not sure what to expect. This team has shown it can completely dominate games while other times shown they can be completely dominated. Let us see which team wants it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad