GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
That might've been the worst period we've played in the entire playoffs. With a chance to eliminate a team I can't even fathom that kind of effort.
We were actually worse in Game 4 against Nashville... and somehow won.

This is an Oilers team facing elimination though.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What? The Canucks were easily the better team in Game 5, they just aren't carrying it through to this game.

Nowhere did I say the Canucks weren't the better team. My point is we were not actually good, we were only good relative to the Oilers who were complete shit.

There's a major difference. In this game the Oilers aren't complete shit and we're back to looking like said shit.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
how can our go to play on a 5-on-3 be a shot from far?

whats the point of even have 2 extra players?
Simply not enough movement to free up passing lanes. 4 Canucks were just standing around while one player handled the puck. PP coach should be fired for such a boring easy to read pp.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Stating the obvious but that 5-3 was a need to score time...have to do something seems guys just don't have the jump tonight or is it me

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I agree Hronek should have been on the 5on3 there. Should have set him up for the one timer

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Embarrassing. Who woulda thought the terrible power play down the stretch wouldn’t just magically become better. This team is pissing away wins with this awful powerplay. They really need to invest in a good powerplay coach this off-season
A powerplay coach isn’t going to fix non-chalant dicking around on the powerplay. How this team can suddenly go from moving the puck quickly on the powerplay at the beginning of the season to this slow, hesitant scared crap points toward just pure player complacency.

Bjornar Moxnes

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
1716084190152.png

Don';t get me wrong, the Canucks deserve all the criticism in the world for their performance, but despite the score, and shot count, they're actually only being slightly outplayed by the Oilers in Expected goals. If the Canucks play like they did in the first, and the Oilers don't play like the way they did in the 2nd, I can actually see Canucks tying it.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassing effort in an elimination game. This game has been gift wrapped for them and they no show. Just nothing from the big boys tonight

Reactions: VanCanucks53

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Nowhere did I say the Canucks weren't the better team. My point is we were not actually good, we were only good relative to the Oilers who were complete shit.

There's a major difference. In this game the Oilers aren't complete shit and we're back to looking like said shit.
What a weird ass take

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I agree with this actually. I don't know why they don't try that look more often.

Ain't gonna matter tonight though, we're done.
Hughes not doing a lot on our PP's recently.
Hughes is being overused at the point, they know he is not shooting
He's not making good decisions generally. He did almost get that goal that skinner made a great save on but that has been few and far between.

Like basically he either skates into the corner and dishes or he tries to force it through from the top. Just watch him next time, it's extremely predictable.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Weirdly I feel confident trailing in the 3rd against this Oilers team.

But man what a shit period.
Not wrong but without getting anything on net, it’s going to be an easy game for anyone in net. Not much urgency on that 5 on 3 kinda tells me the story of this game.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

Absolutely disagree. The Canucks were outstanding defensively.

Win da third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad