GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Friedman isn’t a very good defenseman. That’s why he hasn’t been able to establish himself as an NHL player. So I dont like this false dichotomy where Tocchet is making a terrible decision by keeping Cole in instead of playing Juulsen or Friedman.

Neither of the options are great but I’d stick with the NHL defender vs. trying the non nhl defender who hasn’t played much nhl minutes in months.
I like Friedman as a 6th

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I've heard a lot of things about him going back to his time here even. He is not a good person. A really disgusting one actually.
He was my favorite player here and when he went to the Panthers they almost immediately made him captain which suggested top notch character. Sounds like he made some very bad decisions in Tofino. Heard about it firsthand from a musician who was playing that party; it's not pretty folks. Broke my heart...

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
He was my favorite player here and when he went to the Panthers they almost immediately made him captain which suggested top notch character. Sounds like he made some very bad decisions in Tofino. Heard about it firsthand from a musician who was playing that party; it's not pretty folks. Broke my heart...
He had a history of this before that story tho. I remember when he played here hearing about how he acted and how he cheated on his wife a bunch in Tofino.
He's not a good person off the ice at all.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Like what's the difference between a decision, a choice, an unfortunate read, or a mistake. They're literally all describing the same thing.

Too much hyper focus on one mistake. I get it, it's big and obvious (although I have heard some pundits question where the forwards' back checking was).

Other than that play, Juulsen played very solid. Freidman wasn't even getting regular season games, no way Tocchet puts him in now. It's either Juulsen and his 1 big mistake, or Cole whose been responsible for goals against every game.

Give Cole a game off then reconsider if there's a game 7.

I totally get what you're saying. Mistakes are mistakes, are bad decisions, reads, and whatever else. They are also completely unforgivable though if you want to win hockey games. Unfortunately Cole right now and Juulsen all the time are liable to single-handedly lose games. Hopefully we can upgrade in the summer.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
He had a history of this before that story tho. I remember when he played here hearing about how he acted and how he cheated on his wife a bunch in Tofino.
He's not a good person off the ice at all.

People put athletes on pedestals.

End of the day, they are just human, too. Not all humans are good people.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
In 2011 I had just gotten married, I received a 6 week old kitten as a housewarming gift and my Mom was still here. Now it's 13 years later none of them are in my life anymore. My wife left me a month before our 5 year anniversary, my Mom passed away way too young at 67 two years ago and two months ago my cat died a month shy of his 13th birthday. Life has a way of kicking your ass and you're expected to keep going. This run has been one of the few things that I've actually been happy about and I'm not ready for it to end. I want to win this thing so bad but I know nothing is over until it's actually over, so let's go out there and end these bastards!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
is everyone nervous or confident for the team in closing this out or oilers are gonna fight every inch and claw their way back for a game 7??

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
is everyone nervous or confident for the team in closing this out or oilers are gonna fight every inch and claw their way back for a game 7??

I'm expecting this to go 7 games, but will be ecstatic if they close it out tonight.

that Mitchell incident sure got swept under the rug good

Nothing ever really came of it, but you can find the details if you look hard enough.

There was an incident at the restaurant he used to co-own that involved the entire staff walking off site in protest.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I expect Edmonton to come out guns blazing but, if the Canucks hold them off without too much damage, the oil will cool down and the Canucks will win because this Edmonton team has no character.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I'm 34 this year and I'm probably in the same level of shape as a 25 year old who goes to the gym 3 or 4 days a week. It's mind-boggling go consider that you're essentially an old man if you're a pro athlete.

For professionals though, they probably have been dealing with bangs and bruises since they were 10, and that's if they avoid any injuries.

I got the short end of the stick in my DNA draw, illnesses plus injuries means I can't even put pressure on my feet if the weather changes like the past couple days.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
skinner starting is going to either be a genius move or a completely insane move and there's no in between

It's a head scratching move IMO.

Pickard has played very well, while Skinner has struggled vs the Canucks all season. Unless they think Pickard hasn't played well and he's ready to implode any moment, and Skinner can steal them 2 games. I would have given Pickard 1 more game.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm 34 this year and I'm probably in the same level of shape as a 25 year old who goes to the gym 3 or 4 days a week. It's mind-boggling go consider that you're essentially an old man if you're a pro athlete.

I think a big part of it is probably recovery. You’re never going to feel the same at 35 after a physical beating as you did at 25 no matter how good of shape you’re in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad