GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Yes but also, no. There is no greater joy in the world than guiding my two kids through it. Facing challenges with them and giving them the tools to become their own people. People come and go from my life but my children will always be there and I wouldn't trade my youth or a different moment in time for anything. I love what I have now and am thrilled to share this game with them tonight.
Are your kids desensitized to raised voices and questionable language?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I cannot believe Ian Cole is still in the lineup. He has been directly responsible for 8 f***ing goals against. There's nothing he provides that we can't get from Friedman. Juulsen sucks too, but not quite as much.

He is in a TINA line-up decision. Nobody wants to play Juulsen and Friedman is below him on the depth chart, didn't even play in the regular season.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Canucks are too much for the oilers, depth wise and physically.
Now that stoney isn't dragging the top six down we saw the result, easily the best game of the series, no passengers.

Henrique would've been an upgrade (stetcher too but they refuse to play him), and skinner is a downgrade, but I understand they kind of have to give him the start.

If we play like the last game and there's no reason why not, this game shouldn't be a clencher, just a clincher.

Reactions: M2Beezy and TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Canucks are too much for the oilers, depth wise and physically.
Now that stoney isn't dragging the top six down we saw the result, easily the best game of the series.

Henrique would've been an upgrade (stetcher too but they refuse tomplay him), and skinner is a downgrade, but I understand they kind of have to give him the start.

If we play like the last game and there's no reason why not, this game shouldn't be a clencher, just a clincher.

I actually don't get at all why they haven't gone to Stecher or Broburg, but good for us.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
He's basically their version of DeSmith. There's a reason Tocchet went away as soon as he had another viable option. These veteran journeymen aren't starters.

Silvos gave the team zero reasons to go to DeSmith though, in the playoffs, you just have to go with who is having the hot hand.

As far as I can tell, the Oilers didn't practice yesterday and didn't practice today. I have no idea what to make of that. I know when the Canucks have an optional skate after a loss, every player attends unless injured.

It's do or die game, coaching staff goes back to the goalie that he threw under the bus, not having a mandatory practice, and only a few showed up to optional.

Wow.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Demko is the wildcard there. If he comes back at full force, Canucks can hang with any team in the league. If he gets hurt again, you know Silovs is capable of stepping in.

Silovs has done an incredible job getting us to this point, but eventually he's going to turn back into a pumpkin.
When was he ever a pumpkin?

Reactions: calnuck

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Ugh if only we could have added Tanev and kept Cole as a true #7.

Other guy I wanted was Joel Edmundson.
Tanev would have been amazing.

Cole was good against Nashville. He’s having issues adjusting to the speed of the Oilers combined with fatigue results in him making errors. I think he just mainly needs a game off to reset mentally and he will be ok.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yes, Vegas or LA would have been terrible matchups for us.

Avs too

Which is all the more reason we need to take advantage of this situation. Dallas looks scary but we have played them fairly well this season, and I think if everyone shows up we can at least take it to 6 games.

I think Colorado would have either swept us or taken it in 5, their speed is just too much. Imagine MacKinnon bearing down on Ian Cole and Tyler Myers.

Reactions: Tact

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
So one game where he wasn't pretty much the best goalie on the ice in the whole playoffs. You think Demko wouldn't ever have a bad game in the playoffs?

Silovs struggled GM1 but was still the best goalie on the ice.

Vs NSH there was a game or two where Saros was better, bit who cares.

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad