GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Hronek's Qualifying Offer is only $5.28 million. I would consider forcing him to accept it if we can't agree to reasonable terms otherwise. And he can't even mail in the season and pout if he wants that big UFA contract afterwards.

Keeping Hronek at 5.28M for another year might be worth more than trading his RFA rights this offseason, especially if he is demanding outlandish money for his next contract and teams know it. This post-season has got to be murdering his perceived value.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Hronek's Qualifying Offer is only $5.28 million. I would consider forcing him to accept it if we can't agree to reasonable terms otherwise. He can't even mail in the season and pout if he wants that big UFA contract afterwards.

Keeping Hronek at 5.28M for another year might be worth more than trading his RFA rights this offseason, especially if he is demanding outlandish money for his next contract and teams know it. This post-season has got to be murdering his perceived value.

i am not even sure he is worth that price tag, based on his performance in the playoffs.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Unpopular opinion, if the oilers get into the final, at least won the cup. I am really sick and tired not seeing a canadian team winning a cup. At some point, i might not care if the leafs won the cup, i just want to see a canadian team winning.
Dude stfu it’s game 5 man I hate this kind of shit

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
Not much doubt about it.....from the all-star break on, the Canucks were basically a .500 team. So they hardly entered these playoffs on any kind of roll. That's why there was some surprise they managed to oust the Preds in six games.

But this series has brought them crashing down to earth in a hurry. Allvin still has a lot of work to do.
I wonder if they should upgrade to an all star goalie in the off season might have helped from the all star break onwards.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don’t watch a lot of other sports, but I’d have a hard time believing the refs in other sports are as bad as NHL refs…it’s brutal. Is “game management” such a common occurrence in any other sport? I haven’t seen it.

It’s bad in most sports.

EPL is just blatantly corrupt.

MLB is filled with terrible umps they can’t fire.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I don’t watch a lot of other sports, but I’d have a hard time believing the refs in other sports are as bad as NHL refs…it’s brutal. Is “game management” such a common occurrence in any other sport? I haven’t seen it.
Only in buttmans leagues
NBA literally froze him out of further management opportunities due to similar crap back in day

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
CFL refs are pretty bad. A few of them retired and it just went to shit.

But the penalties have been chincy

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
NBA is the worst for it, but Bettman comes from that world, so....

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Hronek's Qualifying Offer is only $5.28 million. I would consider forcing him to accept it if we can't agree to reasonable terms otherwise. And he can't even mail in the season and pout if he wants that big UFA contract afterwards.

Yeah I'm fine with a QO.

Willander should be getting close to NHL with another couple summers under his belt.

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Hughes has been out played by Bouchard this series so far. He needs to make more of an impact.

JT and Brock were invisible too. Not a good start.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Oilers when crossing the blueline:
1715915640479.png

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Unpopular opinion, if the oilers get into the final, at least won the cup. I am really sick and tired not seeing a canadian team winning a cup. At some point, i might not care if the leafs won the cup, i just want to see a canadian team winning.
F..k them let a non gifted by buttman win

Reactions: mriswith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad