Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

just22

Aug 2, 2009

weren't oilers fan complaining the other day about that one video of a canucks fan swearing (oh my!!!)

presented without further comment except give Z $$$$$$$$$$$

They got Surrey Jacks in Edmonton now too?

• Haha
Reactions: BimJenning

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Wow that is not sustainable. Glad they got the win but the boys need to keep moving their feet into the 3rd.

Silovs has now entered World Cup level. Starter Silovs coming in HOT
PDO 115.5

TNT kept trying to explain that the Oilers were playing better than the Canucks because of the shots on goal and didn't understand how the Canucks were winning. In the last few minutes Cassie Campbell Pascal finally changes her tune and gives a big monologue on how great Silov was.

Pretty clear that neither one of them has watched the Canucks all year and maybe they weren't paying attention during the last series. They certainly didn't credit Silovs for his miraculous saves last game but did Skinner repeatedly.

My only concern is the Canucks, once again, played in their own end again for most of the third. It looks like Tocchet is using the same plan against the Oilers he did for the Preds and it's working even if the games look different (since Oilers play a different game).

Reactions: Indiana

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I watched that video again. Didn't see it last night live as I was pacing around too much haha.

The hockey fan in my obviously doesn't like that play. You never want to see any player take a cross check to the face, especially a star player like McDavid, it is simply bad for the league. With that said, that wasn't what Soucy was trying to do.. It was a very unfortunate circumstance on timing where Zadorov bumped him at the wrong time, caused McDavid's head to drop, and unfortunately that is where the cross check made contact rather than the chest. McDavid was in there hacking Soucy too, the intended return action of a cross check to the chest wouldn't have been bad.. It's just an unfortunately series of events..

I don't really think there should be any suspensions or anything like that. But hey, who knows how the league will look at it.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Silovs was fantastic. Hot damn.

You probably need to win at least one game you didn’t deserve to in order to win a best of seven series. This game was (hopefully) it.

Arty…wow.

And Lindholm trade paying huge dividends for us.

And Boeser just playing huge.

Our PK came through big time in the third, too.

Exhale.
We shouldn't have won the first game - we were way behind. We took the second to overtime.

We did this last series too. They definitely would like to get the first goal but being behind does not stop this team. They don't panic and continue to push - our depth in scoring is really showing.

But even better, we've repeatedly exposed their weakness on Defense and rightfully chased Skinner from the net. Oilers coach realized we have his number.

We also contained McDavid and Draistl. Oilers only scored two points last season said the TNT analysts when neither one was on the ice. Where has Kane been or McDonald? Nurse is awol.

Last edited:
Reactions: calnuck

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Nightmare scenario is Zadorov suspended and Soucy too hurt to play.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think those two penalty-kills in the third were huge for the Canucks too. They needed to prove to themselves that every Edmonton PP was not going to be an automatic goal against.

I thought Aman did very well in his PK time, too.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Can pretty much count on at least one of Soucy or Zadorov getting a suspension though for next game, yeah? I think it's the kind of thing that happens when you don't call penalties like the Kane slew foot, the boarding, the McDavid high stick, and no supplemental discipline on the groin spear, but we know how this kind of thing can go.
Like a typical Kerry Fraser reffed game. Guaranteed to get out of hand in the last few minutes of the game due to his deliberate non-calls.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I think those two penalty-kills in the third were huge for the Canucks too. They needed to prove to themselves that every Edmonton PP was not going to be an automatic goal against.

I thought Aman did very well in his PK time, too.
I don't think the Canucks pk has been as bad as the stats say so far this series. These goals are coming late in a PP off a bounce/broken play.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
The thing is, I don’t think you can really win in a sustainable way the way the Oilers are playing. They need another line. Sure you can pressure the opposition for 40 minutes if you play your best line 10 minutes more than the other’s teams, but how long can you keep that up? We’ll find out, but even if they beat us they won’t get through Dallas or Colorado playing that way.
They have two lines with McD and Dray on separate. It didn't work against us because we held McD to no shots so they put them back together - now with another loss. Where is Kane and everyone else?

1715608728865.png

1715608766483.png

both by s1n0d3utscht3k on reddit

GoalDeny

Dec 24, 2010
Canada
There's no way Soucy actually gets suspended right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I see these takes from some national media analysts like Craig Button

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If that leads to a suspension, I really don’t know what to say. Neither act on its own deserves one.

Zadorov: cross check to the back? Suspension? Give me a break.

Soucy: got slashed by McWhiner first, Then he tried to cross check McWhiner the chest but Zadorov knocks McWhiner over so the cross check with the face instead.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We shouldn't have won the first game - we were way behind. We took the second to overtime.

We did this last series too. They definitely would like to get the first goal but being behind does not stop this team. They don't panic and continue to push - our depth in scoring is really showing.

But even better, we've repeatedly exposed their weakness on Defense and rightfully chased Skinner from the net. Oilers coach realized we have his number.

We also contained McDavid and Draistl. Oilers only scored points last season said the TNT analysts when neither one was on the ice. Where has Kane been or McDonald? Nurse is awol.

Hard disagree. Even when the score was 4-1, we were soundly outplaying them at ES and outshooting and outchancing them. The score wasn't indicative of how the game was played, and the Canucks eventually evened it up and then took over as a result.

As for your other points, largely agree - McDavid and Draisaitl are getting no help from their supporting cast. Hope that continues for long enough for us to steal this series from them.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007

The media frothing at the mouth for a Canucks suspension.

Not to mention many of them are posting the clip without the McBaby two-handed slash included or choosing to not mention it.

I should say I'm disgusted and surprised but I'm really not surprised.

I think it’s easy to tell who has money on the oilers.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm guessing a Zadorov fine and a Soucy suspension of at least one game. It's ridiculous, but we all know that some players just get preferential treatment.

Reactions: BimJenning

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

The media frothing at the mouth for a Canucks suspension.

Not to mention many of them are posting the clip without the McBaby two-handed slash included or choosing to not mention it.

I should say I'm disgusted and surprised but I'm really not surprised.

Yeah nicely edited....McFranchise can do no wrong....an entitled totally unlikable player...

Reactions: MikeK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad