Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I agree it’s completely unsustainable buuut I will say this one was very different from the last. Game 2, we weren’t just bending. We were breaking. Today it felt like there wasn’t much dangerous shit

I don’t know much about the whole Lindholm against McDavid thing but I will say I think they should keep diversifying and that Tocchet overplayed the 4th line in game 2 and got caught way too many times with that line against McDavid. And underplayed Hughes vs him.

Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks tjat about Cole. The blueline needs to upgrade for sure in the summer and id probably not re-sign him but yeah, really unlucky on these ogs. I feel like he’s been fine outside of the first period of game 1

Yes game 2 was worse, no doubt. More controlled turtling in this one, but not ideal by any stretch. This team can possess up ice. They just haven't beyond game 1.

Great point about the 4th line. I commented on this in the last PGT. This one, Tocchet got it right. Lindholm to match, Miller to follow (trust after getting shelled). Silovs to cover.

@RobertKron True, but McDraiHy is lifting all boats right now and whether it's fatigue or a Canucks counter-punch, it must change. Fast.

Reactions: Peen and aquaweenie

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I really think signing the contract got him out of his zone mentally. I think that's the reason he wanted to put it off. I know it sounds weird, but he's kind of a strange kid. I think he comes back strong next year. I hope...
He’s having a disappointing playoffs no question and confidence is at an all time low. He reminds me of Mark Stone a couple of years ago who looked like a bum and had like 7 or 8 points in 20 playoff games.

Reactions: D0ctorCool

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
Firstly I apologize for any perceived jinxes. It was more a commentary on the impact of referees on the game. Like Oilers enjoying home ice advantage of 2 PPs in the third when down.

It was nice that Soucy finished the game. And Myers played well after missing some time last game. Canucks can't afford to lose either to injury.

Story of the game was Canucks going 2 for 3 on the PP. Hopefully keeps the Oilers honest (I felt Hughes didn't get run as much in the third but that's probably because McDavid never left the ice).
Canucks getting 2 kills in the third hopefully a reflection of some adjustments that will continue the positive trend.
Oilers don't have a response to Zadorov.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
McDavid can now ask Pius Suter what soup he should have for dinner for the next few days.
Probably a weird time to post this since we just won, but I can't hold it in anymore.

Pettersson has been a complete non-factor in a series where all of the big name players (Miller, Boeser, McDavid, Draisaitl) have been the entire story (along with Silovs).

Lindholm had more goals in Game 3 than Pettersson has in the entire playoffs.

He's tied for 7th in team scoring with Carson Soucy.

Tyler Myers had the same amount of points tonight as Pettersson does in the entire series.

But, but but, his linemates!

He has two goals in his last 22 games.

You know who else has two goals in his last 22 games? Sam Lafferty.

Hell, even Phillip Di Giuseppe has two goals in his last 22 games.

There's quite literally no more excuses left for this guy.

He's been absolutely bailed out by the fact that JT Miller is the true #1C of this team and carries the load both offensively and defensively for this team.

You're 100% correct. But I think of the mediocre seasons by Boeser, and how he came out the other side from it, and I want to give Pettersson ample time to find his way. Buuut, it would be pretty cool, if he found his way in the next 2 or so games. :laugh:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
To be honest, Karlsson and Aman looked a lot fresher than Hog/PDG. I don’t even know what you do for game 4 but I can easily see Toch keeping both in.

I think you have to keep both in. Aman, especially, played excellent. Had some great defensive coverages and broke up several Oiler passes on the PK. Karlsson will probably draw out for PDG at some point but Hoglander lost his chance and needs to wait at this point.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
McDavid can now ask Pius Suter what soup he should have for dinner for the next few days.

You're 100% correct. But I think of the mediocre seasons by Boeser, and how he came out the other side from it, and I want to give Pettersson ample time to find his way. Buuut, it would be pretty cool, if he found his way in the next 2 or so games. :laugh:

Admittedly, the concern I have with Pettersson right now is his contract. Boeser being mediocre was bad but manageable. 11.6M for our supposed star who is getting nothing done right now isn't a good sign. Granted, not much we can do about it. Just have to hope we can address wing depth in the off season.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Is Sam Carrick a tough guy and since when? Reading Oilers threads they clamoring for him to play next game. I don't remember him being a fighter?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The worst part about about this game is literally everybody’s gonna talk about that McDavid Cross check now for two days
Let’s face it. None of the press outside of Vancouver is going to give this team any respect no matter what they do. I’m personally loving the underdog role and I think the players are using the lack of respect for extra motivation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad