GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
He had the choice to go back to De Smith.
At the time didn't sound like desmith was 100%, though desmith prob refutes that claim as he wanted the start. But silovs didn't play himself out of the next game so I can see why he wasn't changed.

Up front I don't know the expectations, personal preference, I wanted podz in after game 1 of preds series, watching guiseppes pizza kill plays. Alas you have more options and different trust systems up front than back there I suppose.

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
Honestly wouldn’t be opposed to bringing up lekkermaki and sub him in for hoglander or PDG.

Tocchet is probably to big a systems guy; Lekkerimaki hasn't had a practice with the team and they play every second day leaving no opportunity for him before the series is over.

He was also just ok in his sample at the AHL. Getting him around the team; taking in the atmosphere, learning routines and working with the coaching staff would be enough and go along way in his development imo.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Tocchet is probably to big a systems guy; Lekkerimaki hasn't had a practice with the team and they play every second day leaving no opportunity for him before the series is over.

He was also just ok in his sample at the AHL. Getting him around the team; taking in the atmosphere, learning routines and working with the coaching staff would be enough and go along way in his development imo.

but also didn’t he have to have been called up at some point in the RS to be eligible for the playoffs?

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver

Make them pay, don’t let them disrespect the hard work put in all year.

This and with all the experts saying oilers winning this series is our motivation.

They looked like they hung back and gave too much respect in the first period I think the boys should come out with some more confidence tomorrow.

Lineups should be the same, late in the periods they should go all out with the lotto line.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Well, if Drai has cramps than Henrique must have hurt feelings.
I get that Oilers front office is feeding the BS injury/excuse talking points. It's funny to dig a bit but on our boards "I" (personally) prefer to let the excuses fly on main boards and talk real shit on here.

I saw that Drai got a shot in the kidney/lower back last game. Anyone know if this could be recurring or a new injury? How long is Henrique out for?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
maybe sub in lafftery for aman? hasnt been flying since game 1 of nashville series. mikheyve is due for a goal sooner or later he had some good chances just lacks the finish. hughes and petterson hopefully join in on the fun.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IMG_0054.jpeg

It is game day, my dudes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Can lightening strike twice? The answer is yes if counting the number of times a Canadian team HAS NOT won a cup in the Bettman reign, three or four times more likely than a Great White North team not winning one.

Which team is crushing their sticks into sawdust? Or would be if they still used wooden sticks? Edmonton maybe?

Edmonton took Pettersson and Hughes out of the game and that didn't work.

The big edge for Vancouver was the goaltending but last game it was pretty much a wash, neither was outstanding but for the Canucks it's a kid who hasn't played a dozen games in the NHL yet so maybe it was a bit of an edge. at that.

Last game was so weird, lots of intrigue, McD leaves the bench for a few minutes, then Dreadnought evaporates neither due to an apparent physical injury so was it the Roxie or the flu? Did they get Thunderstruck? "The ladies were too kind"?

Can the Nux win? Well I guess that isn't a question anymore, not for Vancouver but Edmonton? Weird.

Rutherford/Allvin, what a job they did, winning starts at the top, so in that sense, the owner, Mr. Aquilini should get kudos. This is his third kick at the cat rebuilding the front office and IMO he got it right twice. This team is still a work in progress.

Bumbling Benning's best legacy might be one trade, JTMiller and one signing, Myers. Allvin beat that in one year.

Tonight, Friday, what a bad day for a playoff game in Vancouver, the parties will still be going on Saturday if they win like that again.

IMO DeSmith starts, Demko still working out.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The aim for tonight is not to win the game.

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK ( the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Canucks) and to hammer Drai every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 5, great place to be for the underdog.

Winning would just be gravy.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The aim for tonight is not to win the game.

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK ( the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Canucks) and to hammer Drai every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 5, great place to be for the underdog.

Winning would just be gravy.

I mean - winning the game cranks up the pressure on Edmonton enormously and puts them in an 0-2 hole. That's absolutely the aim for tonight.

I would expect a few more penalties will be forthcoming in this game - hope the PK is up for the challenge.

I wonder who Tocchet goes with in net tonight. Silovs had some shaky moments in Game 1 - does he learn and grow and go again in Game 2, or does Tocchet turn to DeSmith and hope he's a bit more settled against an Edmonton squad looking to bounce back?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I mean - winning the game cranks up the pressure on Edmonton enormously and puts them in an 0-2 hole. That's absolutely the aim for tonight.

I would expect a few more penalties will be forthcoming in this game - hope the PK is up for the challenge.

I wonder who Tocchet goes with in net tonight. Silovs had some shaky moments in Game 1 - does he learn and grow and go again in Game 2, or does Tocchet turn to DeSmith and hope he's a bit more settled against an Edmonton squad looking to bounce back?
The refs have already determined the outcome of tonight's game.

Compete, further develop the commitment to the system that has got them this far - and hammer Drai.

it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad