GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Tocchet won’t do this. He values experience and ability to play the system, which is why Podz is out for Lafferty and PDG. I’d be absolutely floored if Tocchet put a raw rookie in his playoff lineup.
Lafferty and pdg i'd understand but lekkermaki for hoglander might work especially considering that Hoglander is playing pretty meh so far.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
People have this strange obsession with Podkolzin because he's a prized 1st round pick. He has a massive toolbox but he hasn't seemed to learn the system super well in his call-up and produced horribly. I have no doubt he'll be an effective bottom 6 player down the line but he is nowhere near ready.

I'd rather put Aman in if we had to replace a forward.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm fine with physical play, just not cheapshot bullshit.

If you're out there playing, you're fair game for being checked, etc.

No need to Deadmarsh someone or whatever.
I’m not saying that but if you have a sore back and go near the net you are going to take some cross checks.

Reactions: Jovofan

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Let's not get ahead of ourselves...Draisaitl is definitely a loss for the Oilers but McDavid is the heart of their offense and Hyman has soaked up a lot of Drai's goal production this year. Also I bet Stecher draws in for Ceci or Desharnais at some point.
I view it as just evening up the loss of Demko.
Still a coin flip series.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What a break for us. A missing, or partially effective Drai definitely swings the series into our favour, something we absolutely need to take advantage of tomorrow.

We go up 2-0 and I really like our chances of getting at least a split in Edmonton to firmly put us in control.

If we actually pull off the upset, I can't wait to hear all the excuses from Oiler fans. Just like every regular season game. It was never us just being better.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What is wrong with Henrique sounds like he hasn't really skated since the Kings series.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Agreed with the few who have mentioned not getting ahead of ourselves. Let's not get cocky here - McD is surely going to come out strong in game 2. I still think it's going to be a long series.

There's been a lot of talk about reuniting the lotto line. I respectfully disagree - while Hogs and Mik have not been good offensively, that line (with Petey in particular) is causing match up challenges for Edmonton. It hasn't produced yet, but could be a big X-factor - especially if Drai and Henrique continue to have injury issues. They've also been solid defensively. Our forward depth and "spreading that out" is an absolute key to this match up.

What a game, what a time. Let's keep it rolling and enjoy these moments. Like several of you, I've been watching this team for over 40 years and this. Is. Special. 😎

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
Yeah, I expect McDavid will have a big game on Friday.. but if we manage to come out and win, that would be HUGE. Going to need the back-end to come up big.

Reactions: TruKnyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad