GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Can't really break up the Lindholm line now, but they really should have tried EP with Joshua/Garland in the late stages of the season to try and get him confident again. EP had his best game of the playoffs in Gm 1. Hopefully he can quickly get back to being his dominant self even without the winger help.

absolutely not. that would immediately draw the top defenders of the opposition.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
You want the Oilers to be reactive here and drop RNH down to the three C to match Lindholm and open up the 2nd line for exploitation. No RNH and a injured Drai is a dream match up. The issue is our 2nd line isn't really clicking right now.

A player who shall remain un named going up against Gagner is really really good for us.

Or you could put Lindolm on the 2nd line w Hog and Mik since he is playing well and drop un named player down to play with Dak and Garland to see if having better wingers helps.

Suter - JT - Brock
Hog - Lind - Mik
Dak - Player - Garl

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
next game i want to see either

suter miller boeser
garland lindholm joshua
pdg petey mikheyev
hoglander blueger lafferty

or

pdg miller boeser
suter petey mikheyev
garland lindholm joshua
hoglander blueger lafferty

or maybe

blueger miller boeser
suter petey mikheyev
garland lindholm joshua
hoglander lafferty pdg

but man, we are one good winger from an ideal lineup

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The issue with these proposed line adjustments, is I believe that Suter-Miller-Boeser and Joshua-Lindholm-Garland are basically written in stone for Tocchet. So there's not much else he can do.
I'd be okay with scratching Hoglander and trying Podkolzin in that spot.

Hoglander just looks too overwhelmed every shift right now.

Reactions: nucks88

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
You ABSOLUTELY can not break up the Suter-Miller-Boeser and Joshua-Lindholm-Garland lines to get Petey going. All of you are worried about getting one person going.

What if breaking one of those lines doesn't fix Petey but break those lines players effectiveness as well. Put together the lotto line in spot moments, sure... . End of periods, after the Oilers Ice the puck, etc. But I'd be very worried about breaking up two REALLY good lines.

Petey needs to figure this out. He's a smart player, he needs to learn to adjust and be as effective as he can with the players he has.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
You ABSOLUTELY can not break up the Suter-Miller-Boeser and Joshua-Lindholm-Garland lines to get Petey going. All of you are worried about getting one person going.

What if breaking one of those lines doesn't fix Petey but break those lines players effectiveness as well. Put together the lotto line in spot moments, sure... . End of periods, after the Oilers Ice the puck, etc. But I'd be very worried about breaking up two REALLY good lines.

Petey needs to figure this out. He's a smart player, he needs to learn to adjust and be as effective as he can with the players he has.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Podkolzin in there to try that out. Maybe move Lafferty or PDG out to make room and slot Hoglander on the fourth.

touchnotthecat

Dec 29, 2014
If you can't tell I am not a graphic designer.

Attachments

• Untitled design_20240509_150046_0000.png
    Untitled design_20240509_150046_0000.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Add frank servalli to the list of media members in full damage control after game 1

Frank is a guy who does his rounds through all the Canadian team radio shows and is clearly knowledgeable. You expect maybe some eastern guys who don't watch the games and just swoon over McDavid, or perhaps some Oilers homers to not give any respect to the Canucks. This is strange.

Anyways, I like the status of underdog with no pressure, but also being the actual better team.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Going to sound awful but GOOD! That is what the Bruins did in '11. Targeted the many injured players the canucks had and made their life hell. That's how you win!

I'm fine with physical play, just not cheapshot bullshit.

If you're out there playing, you're fair game for being checked, etc.

No need to Deadmarsh someone or whatever.

Reactions: I am toxic

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone tell me what pdg and laffs do that podz cant?

Just Pking lil bro. I agree tho, he should be in - getting ridiculous

Kill penalties, for starters. And that's pretty bloody important

But also stick to a system. Podkolzin probably killed his playoff chances by having an absolutely terrible game against Winnipeg in Game 82 where he went -3 and was in bad positions and on the wrong side of the play all night.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Honestly wouldn’t be opposed to bringing up lekkermaki and sub him in for hoglander or PDG.

Tocchet won’t do this. He values experience and ability to play the system, which is why Podz is out for Lafferty and PDG. I’d be absolutely floored if Tocchet put a raw rookie in his playoff lineup.

Reactions: Canuckle1970 and MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad