GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Going to sound awful but GOOD! That is what the Bruins did in '11. Targeted the many injured players the canucks had and made their life hell. That's how you win!
Yep. Staying healthy is part of being able to win the cup. It always has been. If your guys can't stay healthy, that impacts their overall team worth. We're seeing it with Demko right now. He's an awesome goalie, but if he can't stay healthy, his worth to the team is lower as a result.

Guys like Cogliano, Kessel, Henrik Sedin, etc can stay healthy no matter what. It's probably part genetics, part keeping yourself in great shape, and definitely part luck as well.

It is of legitimate value when you have guys who can see key players who are struggling and target them physically. It works, it's always been a part of the game, and you need to adjust for it.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't see it happening tbh. This management team is a whole lot more aggressive than the previous one and I don't think they will "run out of time"

There's not a chance he walks, he seems to love it in this city and they will back up the truck to keep him.

If it means moving on from Hronek - who wants a huge payday - then so be it. They can flip Hronek for a scoring winger and see how Willander/EP2 do in camp.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think no matter what Draisaitl plays tomorrow. The question is how much pain is he in.
nGLbr.jpeg

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Draisaitl not out there today. I think he's banged up. Would be a massive loss for them, he absolutely feasts on the Canucks.
He is a huge possession driver as well. So it's not just his points but the way he keeps the puck in Oiler hands that will be compromised, potentially. And that will be a huge factor. They obviously have to keep hitting him if he plays, but they will need to watch out for the refs being a bit more protective of him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think no matter what Draisaitl plays tomorrow. The question is how much pain is he in.

An injured Draisaitl means he will be even slower than normal. Where he burns us is when he is allowed time with the puck. He has this insane ability to force teams to chase him around, reminds me of Malkin. He can rag the puck for 45 seconds on his own and tire the shit out of opposing players, and his shot is f***ing crazy.

Add McNuggets and his unpredictable water bug style out there and it's no wonder they score in buckets.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Team should have very clear direction to finish every clean check they can on him. No dirtbag stuff, but make every encounter matter.

Also, if it is his back that would def affect the Oilers PP and him as the trigger man.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Team should have very clear direction to finish every clean check they can on him. No dirtbag stuff, but make every encounter matter.

Also, if it is his back that would def affect the Oilers PP and him as the trigger man.

It's no different from what they're doing to Hughes.

That slimy f*** Hyman just about broke his neck yesterday after the puck was gone.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
An injured Draisaitl means he will be even slower than normal. Where he burns us is when he is allowed time with the puck. He has this insane ability to force teams to chase him around, reminds me of Malkin. He can rag the puck for 45 seconds on his own and tire the shit out of opposing players.

He's in the Malkin/Jagr mold. Big dude that's incredibly skilled at protecting the puck until a passing lane opens up.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Zadorov is such an important player. Can hurt people on clean hits, but we also saw him last night cross check Draisaitl and follow him around all night. Absolutely love that we are the ones dishing out the punishment for what seems like the first time in a long time.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yep. Staying healthy is part of being able to win the cup. It always has been. If your guys can't stay healthy, that impacts their overall team worth. We're seeing it with Demko right now. He's an awesome goalie, but if he can't stay healthy, his worth to the team is lower as a result.

Guys like Cogliano, Kessel, Henrik Sedin, etc can stay healthy no matter what. It's probably part genetics, part keeping yourself in great shape, and definitely part luck as well.

It is of legitimate value when you have guys who can see key players who are struggling and target them physically. It works, it's always been a part of the game, and you need to adjust for it.
I did a double-take.

If people only knew.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
It's weird seeing all these other fanbases rooting for us (Toronto / Calgary / Kings). I guess everyone loves an underdog story.

almost like 2011 didn't have that much to do with everyone hating vancouver as a city lol...

the canadian media would absolutely cheer for this canucks team if we played in the scf against a team like boston or carolina. which is a very bizarre feeling.

Reactions: bh53 and Bankerguy

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
almost like 2011 didn't have that much to do with everyone hating vancouver as a city lol...

the canadian media would absolutely cheer for this canucks team if we played in the scf against a team like boston or carolina. which is a very bizarre feeling.
it'll be like this until the series is over.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
There's not a chance he walks, he seems to love it in this city and they will back up the truck to keep him.

If it means moving on from Hronek - who wants a huge payday - then so be it. They can flip Hronek for a scoring winger and see how Willander/EP2 do in camp.
Willander won’t be at camp, NCAA players don’t typically attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad