GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You know the Oilers are gonna try to draw penalties in this game after not getting any (yes they did get one but that one was not a subjective call).
i think if they entered the 3rd period up only 2-1, the probalby would've gotten some calls but they were up 4-2 and they barely did anything in our zone so they didn't really give anything to the refs to call.

Oilers have a secret weapon that we haven’t seen yet though

Kelly Sutherland
please don't let that motherf***er ref any of our playoff games

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If it's what Bieksa showed on HNIC, was a nothing hit by Myers that was immediately followed up with another shove by Joshua. Draisaitl could barely move and went to the dressing room shortly afterwards. Came back in the third but Zadorov was targeting him and gave two hard cross checks to his lower back.
Am I the only one that loved seeing Zadorov do that? It seems like other teams always, ALWAYS take liberties with our stars during the playoffs, felt cathartic to see one of our guys dish it out for a change.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I would imagine that Silovs gets the start again this game, but last night wasnt his sharpest game..He was extremely lucky a number of times (the puck going right under his pads across the crease several times, and RNH hitting the post right before the winning goal by Garland).
Yeah, we saw AHL Arty last night. It was a strange game; I thought the Canucks played quite well for the first 40 minutes but just about every mistake wound up in their net. Then in the third period, Oilers had pretty much hogtied them for the first nine minutes, Canucks had nothing going on, and all of a sudden some rather innocent-looking plays resulted in three goals.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I would imagine that Silovs gets the start again this game, but last night wasnt his sharpest game..He was extremely lucky a number of times (the puck going right under his pads across the crease several times, and RNH hitting the post right before the winning goal by Garland).

I can't recall many, if any, instances where Tocchet changes a winning line-up. So yes, I'd bet he starts.

Reactions: wonton15 and MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, we saw AHL Arty last night. It was a strange game; I thought the Canucks played quite well for the first 40 minutes but just about every mistake wound up in their net. Then in the third period, Oilers had pretty much hogtied them for the first nine minutes, Canucks had nothing going on, and all of a sudden some rather innocent-looking plays resulted in three goals.

Yeah, I actually felt like the 2nd period was our best period. We totally controlled play and Skinner was actually really good to keep the score at only 2-1 when we really deserved to tie it up at that point ... and then two total non-chances went into our net and the game was suddenly 4-1.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Really think they should run the Lotto Line next game. Pettersson looked engaged last night, but I don't think he can break out with his current linemates, at least at his current confidence levels

I'd like to see it deployed in limited minutes here and there, but as horrible as Pettersson has looked offensively, he's been really impressive on the defensive side of the puck.

It sucks that he's slumping so hard right now (or injured, whatever it may be) because a 100% clicking Pettersson changes the series, but if he can hold his own as a checking center and stay evens against the competition and chip in the odd points here and there, I'll take it.

Maybe we can mix up some of his wingers here and there if need be.

It feels weird to say that about our soon to be highest paid player, but something has to be up with him, so silver linings and all that.

The Lindholm line is effectively our second line now anyways, and they are doing great, they just need to keep this up and I think we'll be ok.

Miller line can just keep on keepin' on~

Reactions: vanuck

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Am I the only one that loved seeing Zadorov do that? It seems like other teams always, ALWAYS take liberties with our stars during the playoffs, felt cathartic to see one of our guys dish it out for a change.

It was like karma favoured the Canucks finally. Zadorov blatantly targeting Draisaitl but refs give them coincidental minors and Miller scores on the 4v4. Every part of the sequence favoured us.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah, I actually felt like the 2nd period was our best period. We totally controlled play and Skinner was actually really good to keep the score at only 2-1 when we really deserved to tie it up at that point ... and then two total non-chances went into our net and the game was suddenly 4-1.

Yeah, Naslund, Morrison and the Sedins looked fairly well offensively and our D with Ohlund, Malik, Sopel and Jovo was holding up well and keeping the Oilers to the outside....Just Dan Cloutier doing Dan Cloutier things. It's too bad the team just collectively unraveled after that.

Oh wait, different era.

Unreal to see a core that could at least come back from those backbreaking goals.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
No chance we only see 1 PK in GM2. I mean even ignoring things like series management, it's hard not to get an elbow up, or a stick in someone's skates, etc for multiple games (unless you are playing against the Canucks of course).

Going to need improved games from Cole, Myers and Silovs if we are going to take this one.

But we will probably lose. Expecting a 6+ game series, and EDM will be desperate. But the big ??? is Drai's back. If he looks like he did in the 3rd, this could be a short series.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA

Agreed, it's so nice to be on the other side of that stuff for once. Zadorov has to be re-signed at this point and not doing so would be a major failure on management's part. Unless of course, he asks for some ridiculous contract numbers, which hey, he might..... 🤷‍♂️

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Edmonton probably actually got away with more stuff than we did in this game because they were on the back foot defending all game. Also there was a blatant chop to the back of Boeser's leg right at the end of the 1st period that had him on the ice in agony and should have been a call.

I can really only remember one Tyler Myers play along the boards that I felt a 'phew' on when an arm didn't go up. Didn't see a replay of the Suter gloved puck thing.
Oilers see it differently. HFOil thread is littered with multiple accusations of dives and embellishments, Boeser’s being one of them.

As they see it, any Canucks were diving and embellishing all over the place and that they were not and deserved way more powerplays and Canucks none (even the Skinner one which many argued shouldn’t have been a penalty).

• Haha
Reactions: MS

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Their dickhead fanbase and whiny star players have really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. As someone said here, they were doing victory laps before this series even started.

I don’t even have an issue with the team itself, likely because there hasn’t been a lot of competition between the two with no playoff series in over 30 years, but holy crap the fan base on this website are just littered with dbags

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
The Hockey Gods were toying with him last night like a cat with a mouse but they ultimately smiled on him at the end...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
DeSmith next game? The coaching staff must be talking about it.
I haven't seen a clip of whatever play it was that (apparently) injured Draisaitl. If he's limited, that's huge.

I wouldn't. Give the kid a chance to rebound. Three of those goals weren't really on him. Two were horrible coverage by Cole and the third was a bounce... also from Cole. The fourth goal that Hyman tipped off Myers' stick is definitely one Silovs needs to have.

Reactions: Fraser28

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Oilers see it differently. HFOil thread is littered with multiple accusations of dives and embellishments, Boeser’s being one of them.

As they see it, any Canucks were diving and embellishing all over the place and that they were not and deserved way more powerplays and Canucks none (even the Skinner one which many argued shouldn’t have been a penalty).
Yeah, I saw this one posted and kinda laughed when I went frame by frame.

It's like they're claiming this is a dive, but when you look frame by frame, McDavid grabs a hold of Boeser's stick and pulls him down as he rips it out of his hands.

1715277964048.png
1715279534061.png

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
I'd like to see it deployed in limited minutes here and there, but as horrible as Pettersson has looked offensively, he's been really impressive on the defensive side of the puck.

It sucks that he's slumping so hard right now (or injured, whatever it may be) because a 100% clicking Pettersson changes the series, but if he can hold his own as a checking center and stay evens against the competition and chip in the odd points here and there, I'll take it.

Maybe we can mix up some of his wingers here and there if need be.

It feels weird to say that about our soon to be highest paid player, but something has to be up with him, so silver linings and all that.

The Lindholm line is effectively our second line now anyways, and they are doing great, they just need to keep this up and I think we'll be ok.

Miller line can just keep on keepin' on~
Agreed. The Miller line went 11-4 in shot attempts in 11 head to head minutes against McDavid’s line last night. If that leaves Pettersson struggling to elevate his own play and the play of his linemates, you take that every time.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad