Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Am I the only one that's still feeling good vibes around the Canucks? I mean sure a loss sucks but man this team is so fun to watch, has tons of character. We are playing in round two of the playoffs against the Oilers. This is what hockey is all about and I'm enjoying every second of it!
I feel the same way going into Edmonton as well I don’t think being in there barn will have any effect on the way they play they proved that in a very loud building in Nashville.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The lotto line has been worse adding EP. The only goal Hogs and Mikeyev have generated, came when EP was off that line for a shift...

EP has been better, but damn, you expect a 'wow' play at least once in the last, I dunno, 3 months.

Reactions: David71 and dez

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Miller and Boeser have played good. Hughes and Petey need to be way better. Hronek should not be resigned. Sign Tanev instead

Miller, Boeser Big Z & the 3rd line have been carrying. Miller with a solid game, couple point blank defensive saves. We were outplayed by a much larger margin against Vegas in the bubble and took them to 7, this series is very winnable, Canucks just have to play their A game.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011

Now that I can re-watch this sequence. Such an idiotic decision to make a high risk aggressive hit. Not only did Soucy miss and throw himself out of position. But also took out Petey who was backchecking McD. FFS.

Myers could have done better by not falling, but he was put in a 50/50 puck position with McD charging in full speed. And also potential 2 on 1, or 3 on 1 forming if Myers just let McD get the puck.

Still blame Soucy on the poor decision making for an open ice hit, especially when it was evident the game plan was to sit on a 3-2 lead and play shut down hockey. Just can't be taking stupid risks like that if there's no intention for Canucks to play offense that period. Every mistake counts.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Depends. There are bright spots, but we are still seeing some guys break down, in my opinion. Especially some of the defensemen who are playing too many minutes for their age and/or game style. I think if we had Demko I'd be somewhat optimistic we could take this, but now I don't think we will. If we get a couple more games where the top three lines are all firing we probably can, but there's still just too many questions on the blue line and in net with Demko out, and Hughes continues to get mauled out there.
I'm pissed off about losing tonight but I fully expected it. I'm very confident we'll win this series but would be surprised if we did it in less than 6 games.

Both teams were trash in game 1 but we managed to steal it, and you knew the Oilers would be a lot better tonight. I had a feeling we wouldn't come out and match that.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
McD with 4 pts
Drai with 4 pts.
You just knew they would show up after having a bad game.

Cole was one of our best dmen the first series, the D looked off today, Tocc has to figure out his pairings and stick with them or it leads to unfamiliarity and turnovers

Going to get old soon, Oilers may actually start using him as a legitimate object to tip and bank shots in.
Success rate has been relatively high. If no options, just throw it at his skate or stick.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
The league needs the Oilers to win so they sent Sutherland our way, everyone knew Oilers would win, gambling odds changed instantly.

Hoglander getting penalized for being speared is a joke, if you want to do that then give Ryan a major.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Saw an Oilers fan on Granville, she said the Canucks lost because the lack of Canadians on the team.

Now I know she from Alberta..

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Well, well, well. Yet another case of Canucks fans predicting poor officiating in a game that Kelly Sutherland is reffing.

We didn't deserve to win the game after that poor 3rd period, but we also could've had a 2 or 3 goal lead with the powerplays that weren't given to us in the 2nd period. What a joke. f*** Kelly Sutherland forever.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well, well, well. Yet another case of Canucks fans predicting poor officiating in a game that Kelly Sutherland is reffing.

We didn't deserve to win the game after that poor 3rd period, but we also could've had a 2 or 3 goal lead with the powerplays that weren't given to us in the 2nd period. What a joke. f*** Kelly Sutherland forever.

I spewed some hateful things about that man on the Reddit forum, can’t say it here due to well you know..

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I spewed some hateful things about that man on the Reddit forum, can’t say it here due to well you know..
Honestly he has the most generic face of all time but if I ever remember what he looks like and I see him IRL, I will probably spit on his shoes and berate him for being a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Honestly he has the most generic face of all time but if I ever remember what he looks like and I see him IRL, I will probably spit on his shoes and berate him for being a f***ing idiot.

If ‘bitches ain’t shit but **** and tricks’ had a name..he’s fit.

Reactions: God

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
A split in Van is totally fine for the first 2 games. I am sure that the Canucks didn't believe the media hype claiming Oilers would steamroller this series but it allows the rest of the media to reflect and realize this series isn't a fe de compli.

It'd going to be a war with the Canucks players predisposed to punish more than they are punished.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Is this a playoff stat? As much as I hate the guy, I remember winning one of our games vs the Oilers this year with him Reffing
Must be I guess. Don Taylor mentioned it on the post game show tonight.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
McDavid should have got 5 mins for that high stick,,but refs turn a blind eye for him.
We can't let them dominate in our end zone.
Need that puck out fast.
Holy shit if Mikheyev had a scorers touch he would score 30,,but man he sucks.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
was at the game. refs missed tons of calls. oilers came out strong and pushed the play. mcdrai were their top players. silovs was great. nothing was his fault. time to swtich the lines cole again... oilers speed is too much for him. 4 deflected goals off him now. puts pods back in? for mikeyev useless always shooting the crest even though he had some chances. load up the top 6. petey lindholm suter? garland/bluger/joshua.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad