Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Hoglander is pretty much looking how Bains did in his call up. Needs 3 seconds to process things but only has a fraction of the time to act.

In OT, he had another oppotunity to pass to a wide open Pettersson who had a 2 on 1 opening up for him. Not even 1 meter away from him...but Hoglander is looking forward, carrying the puck...finally realizes EP is there but gets swarmed by 2 guys and turns over the puck.
They need to give Podkolzin a try.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Coach Tocchet -“we respected them [McDavid and Draisaitl] too much in the corners”

Different way of saying it, but like I said, I don't care who you are if you play near 30 minutes in the post-season you should be in the infirmary after the game. Letting them get away with doing that was ridiculous. If they keep doing that those guys should be heavily banged up heading into the next round, even if we don't beat them.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hpglander pisses me off, thats why Petersson can score. Petersson open all alone in front of net on multiple occasions and Hoglander just keeps the puck to himself until he loses it. Mikheyev just does warmup skates instead of actually playing.

Hoglander was supposed to be this playoff pest, where? All I see him do is cardio out there

Does nothing but fart around

Reactions: TruKnyte

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Oilers had to win this game and it showed, they were desperate but their big guns came to play. You knew McNuggets wasn't going cold twice in a row.

I think if we go down 2-1 in Game 3, it's not likely we come out of this series. But honestly, Edmonton will get f***ing pummeled by either Dallas or Colorado (and frankly, so will Vancouver.)

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Coach Tocchet -“we respected them [McDavid and Draisaitl] too much in the corners”
He also said the team needed to generate more shots, prior to the team laying down a whopping 14 SOG in the next Nashville game.

What's being said on the bench, in the room, during film? If you tell a player to pressure Drai in the corner, he's gonna do it, but clearly the actual game plan is different.

Reactions: SiZ and TruKnyte

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He also said the team needed to generate more shots, prior to the team laying down a whopping 14 SOG in the next Nashville game.

What's being said on the bench, in the room, during film? If you tell a player to pressure Drai in the corner, he's gonna do it, but clearly the actual game plan is different.

Game 3 should be different, adjustments need to be made.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'd stick with Miller between Boeser and Suter.

Blueger/Joshua/Garland
Petey/Hogs/Lindholm
Aman/Pod/Laff

Scratch Mikheyev
Plus 2 slew foots to Hughes and Zadorov by Kane and a not just a hard hit by Nurse to Pettersson which is fine but a punch to the head.

I mean Edmonton caved us in the 3rd and deserved it from that standpoint but the PP for interference was just classic and exactly what i expected from Sutherland and his band of useless idiots after missing a easy 4 minute penalty and then making Hughes leave the ice at 4v4 and then ignoring McDavid interfering Zadorov at the blueline which might have been a bit ticky tack but considering how many egregious mistakes completely fuxxing us over you would think they might throw us a bone and at least try and atone for impacting our game so negatively

Is it too much to ask for competency in a quater final FFS
That was totally a slewfoot. f*** the announcers for not saying it

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Guess the idiot doesn't know how to get the players to adjust mid game

It's coach speak for they took it too easy on them in the minutes they played. If guys are out there that much in the post-season they should be taking so much contact they're busted by the end of the game. It's not about injuring anyone, it's just you have an opportunity to really wear guys down playing those minutes. They played way too passive defense and let them have relatively easy minutes playing nearly half the game. You need to make them feel that.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Cole is fine as a #7 defenseman that can draw in due to injuries. Cole recieving a near steady dose of minutes at 35 years old is the issue.
Caps fan here, and I hate the Oilers. What the hell was Cole doing just standing there so near to Silovs?! Hyman was his responsibility. Hyman was just coming down that left-wing kind of floating towards the net. I thought for the most part the other 4 Canucks had good defensive positioning despite McDavid flying down the ice with the puck and gaining quick zone entry. Cole never bothered to look over his right shoulder and keep his feet moving. If your d-man is standing alone like Cole is, then you know he's doing something wrong and setting up his team for trouble.

Ninebreaker

Mar 4, 2014
I wish Tocchet would lay into the officials. He's too much of a nice guy as a coach despite being an asshole as a player. C'mon Tocc, it's the playoffs, show some fire and stand up for your team FFS!
It's risky. I have a feeling Canucks have strong policies against saying anything against the refs since 2011.

Edit: would love to see it though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad