Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The three missed calls at the end of the third and the blown missed double minor on McDavid were your typical Kelly Sutherland fingerprints on this one. Different game with a competent official.

But we can’t go into a shell and expect to hold the door against McDavid and Draisaitl.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
We let Oilers dominate possession and just gave the puck up for no reason.

Reminded me so much of the Vegas series this game.

The second the other team target Hughes, and you can see Hughes not holding the puck as much, our transition is all but neutered.

This is why we consistently generate so little shots on goal for most of the playoffs games so far.

And I need to repeat, put Blueger back with Garland/Joshua, they had so much chemistry, don't break up your best line, this is on Tocchet.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
First 40 minutes were good.

Last 25 minutes were bad.

Referees were bad.

McBaby is a f***ing amazing player and also a despicable diving whining POS.

Too many mistakes. Worst game from the D-group this playoffs.

OT winner after the Lotto Line has an awful shift and then McDavid gets a better matchup. No idea why people are so in love with that line - they had one great NY road trip this year and have been absolute shit otherwise.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hughes, Hronek & Zadorov were excellent.

Myers passes are not accurate and lead to icings.

Soucy made a couple really bad mistakes defensively.

Cole tip was so unfortunate.

A few uncharacteristic defensive blunders cost us the game. But the Oilers deserved the win, they were the better team. Oilers got away with a lot of cheap stuff and stick infractions. Canucks sat back too much barely had any sustained pressure, need way more pressure and puck possession than that. Canucks need to move the puck around quicker. Hard fought game by both teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: B-rock

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
McDavid line was destroying Miller line all night long anyway.
The problem is that the Miller line is our only line that can score.

And they spend all of their shifts without the puck.

You'd expect Pettersson's line to be able to generate something at 5-on-5, but they didn't.

I think that's why they ended up going back with the lotto line in OT.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
after mcjesus scored that breakaway, we became a different team

can’t hang back and play scared of getting blown by like that

I think we were playing pretty timid most of the game, for whatever reason.

That's how it goes sometimes.

Edmonton dictated things pretty well, and McDavid did his silly best player in the league thing,

Oh well.

I do think the officiating was poor, but we shouldn't have let that get to us, gotta maintain composure and steal home ice back now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad