GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Never mind game one. Canucks outscored them 21-7 in the 4 games this year.
But apparently the Oilers weren’t really trying. 😆
Which is all to say I have no idea what to expect in game 1.
Ditto.

But it is fair what OIlers' fans say about their inconsistent play earlier this season. It is also fair to say though that the Canucks broke the Oilers and made them their bitch. The Canucks dismembered and threw the Oilers on the grill faster and with more efficiency than a starving Jeffrey Dahmer.

The question is — can the Canucks do it again?

After the 8-1 drubbing I expected the Oilers to come out angry and motivated beyond belief. They did not. They lost again. After that 4-3 loss I expected them to show some pride and get themselves a win in the third game of the season. Again, they did not. They lost for the third time in three consecutive games.

Now it's getting ridiculous. Does Edmonton have any heart at all? Any pride? Or are they the cowardly lion — all bluster, never backing it up with action?

Surely, certainly, they will put up a fight in the fourth game of the season. Nope. They folded again, easier than a greased lawn chair.

Now, today, when it really counts, do the Canucks still occupy more real estate in the Oilers' heads than their own mothers? Are the Canucks, like in games 2, 3 and 4 of this season, still in the Oilers' heads? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think that by game time tonight, the Oilers will have found the pride in themselves that the Canucks bullied off of them easier than a fat kid surrendering his meat lovers pizza to the school jock. I think the Oilers are going to rescue the pride they surrendered to the Canucks and that it's going to be one hell of a series. — and the Canucks better be ready. Yes, they better be ready to contain the Oilers powerplay or it could be a very short series.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Still hanging on to the regular season, when we already are in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Agreed. I think you can throw the season sweep and Canucks outscoring them 21-7 and finishing 5 points up on them out the window. This Oilers team is a much better team than their record indicates.
Canucks in 6.
Captain’s skate starts a week earlier this summer.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What if a massive plot twist happens, Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers fans become best friends after the series!!, huge respect is gained, and we cheer for each other for the remainder of the playoffs!!!
That’s Toronto’s thing, respect in the handshake line and all

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ditto.

But it is fair what OIlers' fans say about their inconsistent play earlier this season. It is also fair to say though that the Canucks broke the Oilers and made them their bitch. The Canucks dismembered and threw the Oilers on the grill faster and with more efficiency than a starving Jeffrey Dahmer.

The question is — can the Canucks do it again?

After the 8-1 drubbing I expected the Oilers to come out angry and motivated beyond belief. They did not. They lost again. After that 4-3 loss I expected them to show some pride and get themselves a win in the third game of the season. Again, they did not. They lost for the third time in three consecutive games.

Now it's getting ridiculous. Does Edmonton have any heart at all? Any pride? Or are they the cowardly lion — all bluster, never backing it up with action?

Surely, certainly, they will put up a fight in the fourth game of the season. Nope. They folded again, easier than a greased lawn chair.

Now, today, when it really counts, do the Canucks still occupy more real estate in the Oilers' heads than their own mothers? Are the Canucks, like in games 2, 3 and 4 of this season, still in the Oilers' heads? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think that by game time tonight, the Oilers will have found the pride in themselves that the Canucks bullied off of them easier than a fat kid surrendering his meat lovers pizza to the school jock. I think the Oilers are going to rescue the pride they surrendered to the Canucks and that it's going to be one hell of a series. — and the Canucks better be ready. Yes, they better be ready to contain the Oilers powerplay or it could be a very short series.
That second game they did come out motivated and angry.

Their goalie let them down, they vastly out chanced and shot the canucks the second time they played.

You're over here living in the land of make believe.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
1715210430510.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
A playoffs mod team is chosen before the playoffs. It normally consists of blue mod volunteers. I suspect that once an Oilers-Canucks matchup was confirmed that a few more were added. I doubt there are mods who are assigned only to this series though.
So if they referee fairly, do they get to move on to the third round?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A playoffs mod team is chosen before the playoffs. It normally consists of blue mod volunteers. I suspect that once an Oilers-Canucks matchup was confirmed that a few more were added. I doubt there are mods who are assigned only to this series though.
Mods have their work cut out for them with these teams playing eachother.

I'm living in the land where the Oilers p***yed out four consecutive games to the Cnucks.
The same land where the canucks struggled with the preds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad