GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
You can’t even blame Silovs for some of those, and where are the shot blocks from the point. The preds game plan can still work here.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Without Drai, you look to a guy like Pettersson to feast.

Hell, they don't even have Henrique either. You HAVE to start having that Pettersson line consistently winning its matchups if true.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Still in it. Skinner and the Oiler’s defensive structure is way more beatable than the Predators. The problem is they’ve scored on every mistake a couple that were harmless.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's disappointing about this game so far, is that except or a few forays, the Canucks haven't been able to establish their forecheck at all. They look the L.A. Kings out there, constantly falling back and giving up the neutral zone to the Oilers.

If that doesn't change in a hurry--this series might not go as long as some are hoping for.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
There was an interview, might have been linden saying ep needs to be in this fight for canucks to have a chance winning this series.

Looked like canucks were trying to set up ep a few times on their powerplay. They need him to match oilers offense

Reactions: Ace of Hades

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
the funniest pre series narrative was that silovs was better than skinner

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Pundits predicted that in the end, it might come down to goaltending in this series. And right now the Oilers have a big edge, whether the Canucks play Silovs or DeSmith.
Beat skinner twice in 3rd he is toast now go to work do that

Reactions: Flik

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The way he came out, tested his skating and pulled the chute I’d guess a groin/hamstring. Didn’t look minor.

I've also seen Drats make mincemeat of the Los Angeles Kings on one half groin. So that's still a thing that can happen. But yeah. Weird non-contact injuries are often some of the worst.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
No reason we can’t win this series or this game for that matter. We need a save and Cole is not a name we should be thinking about every 90 seconds.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If Draisaitl is out the rest of the game—I want to see them unite the Lotto line in the third and double-shift Hughes.

They need their ‘Colorado’ moment where they demonstrate that they can score on demand.

Reactions: Flik

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Throwing the game away, Edmonton haven’t been the better team. Winnable.

Arty needed to make routine stops on goals 3 and 4. Too many men in the early seconds, gotta be sharper than that.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not even mad at the score right now, still think we can win this game. Even if we don't, I'm not worried about Edmonton being the better team, I have confidence we'll make the adjustments.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad