GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
First period is going to be HUGE!!! Oilers will undoubtedly be rusty. We will have the home crowd for a boost. If we can come out and put in a couple of easy ones past Skinner, that could set the tone for the rest of the series. Maybe the Oilers will just completely discombobulate like the beginning of the season.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I hope Petey has used this break to trek deep into the Coastal Mountains in search of an ancient sacred cave and hot springs where he can spend 48 hours in a deep meditative state fighting the failures or past and future lives. And if he can do so while in the Jean Claude Van Damm pose, all the better.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i thought the series was going to start on Tuesday. The fact its Wednesday is huge.
One extra day of rest for the players and strategy prep for the coaches very important. Van is more banged up than the Oilers so every day of rest actually counts.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think having the games start on Wednesday is huge for us. I think we are the team that could use that extra day.

I think this series is really hard to predict. If both teams are close to healthy I would give us the edge, but losing Demko is a huge blow. The system and team defense is going to be really tested. Have to play discipline and stop the speed and I think we can do it. Don't and we will get walked easily.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Not surprising that they haven't changed anything.

Hopefully the Pettersson line can get going. Underrated part of the problem with Petey is that both his regular linemates posted goose eggs across the board in the 1st round. Was it really any wonder that Petey suddenly factored in on the game winning goal when he got a shift with Boeser and Suter?

(I do think something is ailing him, too - but his linemates need to carry some weight)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Mikheyev on Pettersson's line, it's fine:

1715020463359.jpeg

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Why is Tocchet so reluctant to make any kind of changes. I think Lindholm up in the Top 6 and Blueger back with Joshua-Garland should be a no brainer
Because all season Tocchet has talked about sticking to the system/falling back in the system, so that when things don't go the Canucks way, when bounces don't go the Canucks way, the team maintains structure.

Have people really forgotten what structureless Travis Green hockey looked like?

The only reason Preds held on for 6 games was because Saros stood on his head. And that is with losing a Vezina nominated goalie after the first game.

The criticisms of Tocchet - and Petterson, who is badly injured- is mind numbing.

My mind is numb. Can anyone tell?

Reactions: Indiana

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Why is Tocchet so reluctant to make any kind of changes. I think Lindholm up in the Top 6 and Blueger back with Joshua-Garland should be a no brainer

It's the right call. The first objective has to be stabilize the Oiler attack. That means either Miller or Lindholm out on the ice every time McDavid is there.

As good as the Joshua-Blueger-Garland had been, it lacked scoring up the middle. Lindholm does that for them.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I don’t really understand the talk about the Oilers having better depth. They really rely on 5 guys for a big bulk of their offence McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Bouchard and Hyman. Also McDavid and Draisaitl both had only 3 point at even strength against the Kings.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Because all season Tocchet has talked about sticking to the system/falling back in the system, so that when things don't go the Canucks way, when bounces don't go the Canucks way, the team maintains structure.

Have people really forgotten what structureless Travis Green hockey looked like?

The only reason Preds held on for 6 games was because Saros stood on his head. And that is with losing a Vezina nominated goalie after the first game.

The criticisms of Tocchet - and Petterson, who is badly injured- is mind numbing.

My mind is numb. Can anyone tell?

Is this confirmed or are you just speculating? Big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad