Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Garland and EP are equally awful on the PP.

Give Hoglander a shot to rise to the occassion on PP1. Nothing too fancy, good ol fashion brute force, but with some extra space to use it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
what would you propose? keep the first line intact but move some bodies around? say petterson dropped to 2nd unit. put zadorov in front of the net. or joshua. -
Lindholm - Joshua - Boeser
Miller - Hughes

Suter - Pettersson - Garland
Hronek - Zadorov

I don’t know, anything to this extent, mix in who you want…they have to try SOMETHING different. Zadorov isn’t a PP guy but dude knows how to get pucks on net. It’s what they need right now.

I remember saying they had the whole month at home in March to figure this out and they never did. We are in a terribly long stretch of somehow surviving with a mediocre powerplay.

Reactions: Indiana and David71

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Miller - Hughes

Hronek - Zadorov

I don’t know, anything to this extent, mix in who you want…they have to try SOMETHING different. Zadorov isn’t a PP guy but dude knows how to get pucks on net. It’s what they need right now.

I remember saying they had the whole month at home in March to figure this out and they never did. We are in a terribly long stretch of somehow surviving with a mediocre powerplay.
It's eventually going to catch up with this team. It may not even be this series, but the next series, or even the one after that, it's going to bite them in the ass.

I like having three guys who are good around the net in the forward positions on PP1. Lindholm, Joshua and Boeser can all get those greasy goals. I like your suggestion and would definitely try that.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Miller - Hughes

Hronek - Zadorov

Just shoot the ****ing puck on the PP - passing up so many shots for the perfect pass and stop slap passing it ffs

Reactions: quat and PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It's eventually going to catch up with this team. It may not even be this series, but the next series, or even the one after that, it's going to bite them in the ass.

I like having three guys who are good around the net in the forward positions on PP1. Lindholm, Joshua and Boeser can all get those greasy goals. I like your suggestion and would definitely try that.
Just something different has to be done. Like I said, Bruins have been running two split units for who knows how long. How well has it worked? I don’t know, not really the point but running the same unit out there for like 3 months and getting the same results is beyond insanity at this point.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Miller - Hughes

Hronek - Zadorov

they didnt use that month of "march at home to even fix it".. should have done it. special teams are important in winning a series or losing. they need to score 2/3 on special teams to even have a chance. cant be going 0 for in a 7 game series..

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Okay so I had to work and got home a lil after the game ended. I spent all day avoiding spoilers and recorded the game only for the GF to spoil it when I got home. So I buried her in the backyard and just finished watching the game.

1st: Cole with 3 brainfarts, penalty and 2 goals against but was noticeably good in transition and O zone. Myers was an absolute idiot anytime he was near the puck. Hronek and Suter were doing great.

2nd: cole again bad D and another goal against. Myers another dumbass play allows a 1 on 3 goal, no not a 3 on 1, a 1 on 3 and that tarded giraffe lets his guy score. Joshua, Lindholm, Garland doing great

3rd: Miller was quiet until the goal but great sequence by him and Boeser and Soucey. Boeser was a warrior tonight. Zaddy Daddy! Garland rewarded for his great game. Myers gets the next shift after the 5-4 goal and immediately f***s up constantly leading to getting hemmed in. Not Silovs night at all, got pretty lucky on a bunch of close calls. Miller saved Myers and Silovs asses at the end.

Petey was way better tonight, hes not good yet, but was better. Refs were pretty good tonight. With Cole being pretty responsible for 3 goals against its a god damn christmas miracle that Myers was the worst player on the ice tonight

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Going around to other team's "Around the league" threads is hilarious.

Leafs: "Wow, great comeback!! Must be nice their players have heart."
"Why didn't we trade for Zadorov again?"

LA: "I thought the Canucks were different! They're just the Kings."
"... okay, they're not the Kings 2.0. Screw them but f*** Edmonton."

Nashville: "They're just a team of destiny at this point."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad