Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Fact is this - we should have been f***ed immediately with Demko going down off the bat. That is a death sentence 99% of the time, and if Nashville wasn't completely anemic up front it would have been.

Instead, we got some absolutely incredible memories out of the last few weeks. The Benning Era feels like a lifetime ago now.

Whatever happens, it was a nice break from the absolute misery the last decade has been.

Last edited:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know alot of the responses will be to call out players, rightfully so. But these players got them here, expecting them all to be great game in game out is illogical. Even the best player in the world was dogshit for a few games.

Sadly they all kinda mailed it today, but wtvr. They're gonna have to live with that, and I believe they'll come out blazing next game.

Emotions now I'm sure for everyone is high, but let's not be wishy washy and all of a sudden say shit like f*** this team, give up on them etc. This harsh reality is alot of the reason why other fan bases call ours fairweather. It's only good when it's good, but it's so easy to give up on them when it's not.

Win or lose Monday, they're my team. I won't give in to adding to a culture where the fans and media question a players value based on a small window. That's a Toronto thing and I ain't won't be a part of building that culture here.

Everyone touted ep for his ppg playoff stats previous, and now turn on him when there's a struggle, without knowing for sure what could be reasoning. Everyone gave up on boeser when he didn't match rookie expectations for a few years even knowing he was emotionally beaten. Garland jt miller etc. List goes on.

I know this is a bit of a rant, but the same ppl who talk the shit trying to sell them off, are the same ppl who praise them later like they're the best. Call them out for bad games, but expect and hope for them to bounce back when it happens. It's not our jobs to make personnel decisions. If you're a fan, it is your job to believe in your team to win, and cheer them on.

Anyways that was long don't care if it's read lol. Onto game 7 boys!
Couldn't have said it any better. Will be even sweeter when we win!

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
You can tell if the team is going by the PP. Knew this team was losing after those two early pp where are best players looked like shit. It just killed any momentum and lost us the game. The shitty 5 on 3 was just icing on the shortcake of a performance. PP was basically a microcosm of the rest of the game. Lots of players standing around waiting for others to make a play. Lots of lost board battles and not enough hunger.

If we get a PP in the 1st on Monday it has to at the very least keep momentum and generate some chances. Force Skinner to actually stop pucks.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
We need a powerplay coach.

Adam Oates, Newell brown anyone

Do we ever. I think we need a genius offensive guru, Adam Oates would be fine. Newell Brown is old news.

I personally have always felt like these guys are too cocky and you can't teach them a thing. Petterson always dicks around and and gave away breakaways in the past and we've lost games as a result. Miller is Miller but is actually coachable now, and Hughes is not being coached effectively to use his amazing skill set. I think we need a hall of fame guy to get these personalities to get off their high horse and get the PP to where it should be. Shoot the puck for crying out loud.

Look at our personnel, we are majorly under-achieving.

15 shots ... like c'mon that's pathetic, you don't need Gretzky to tell you can't score if you don't shoot.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Good move. No reason to rattle Silovs confidence with the possibility of sitting him. He brought us this far despite having almost no experience at this level. He deserves to fight back with the team.
I agree but man I wish Demko was ready, what a story that would be.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Give everyone an ice bath, some HGH, and smelling salts and coke before the game. Whatever it takes

that experimental therapy kobe bryant used to get where he would fly to germany and get his blood taken out, spun around in a centrifuge, then out back in… which now that i think about it sounds suspiciously like the microneedling middle aged chinese ladies get to smoothe out their wrinkles

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
What f***ing whiplash from game 5 to game 6. Just polar opposite efforts.

They were playing like it was a f***ing preseason game. Zero urgency all game.

Just downright pathetic.
The are trolling the oilers, intentionally losing this game to give them a false hope, just to crush them in game 7.

• Love
Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad