Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
So the mighty oilers BARELY f***ing eked out two wins against us. We've already done better in this series than the dumbass pundits thought we would.

Still think we take this series, I don't think we've played all that well. Just have to get our shit together for the best of 3 with two at home. Soucy will be back and that will erase a lot of the issues we saw tonight.

Tocchet needs to understand he's being out-coached by a guy who really doesn't coach all that much.
Oilers in 4!

No wait, in 5!

In 6????

f*** em, we can take this

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Guys skating like they were headed for the dressing room already. Extremely embarrassing.

That aside, the Oilers kind of gave up on trying to flly high and are just playing low event hockey while letting their special teams be the edge. Our PP remains a complete sham and that's the reason the series is tied instead of being a 3-1 lead.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Canucks dominated the third period when they actually pushed the pace. Why Tocchet waits so long to do it is very puzzling. This turtle style hockey isn’t sustainable.
He's literally trying to load manage in the playoffs. 1-2-3-4 with talent dispersed in the lineup.

Let's be real... this round is the Stanley Cup Finals for this team. He should absolutely be riding his top guys. Load up the top lines FFS.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I’ve defended the system a lot but I tend to agree. Tired of this waiting till the last moments to actually play.
McDrai were pretty invisible for majority of that period. Oilers resulted to our strategy of dumping the puck to Center, change and live for the next shift.

Reactions: Indiana and Petey O

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Team didn’t play well, but kept it close and gave it away at the end.

Juulsen in for Soucy, those type of hits were he puts himself out of position was my biggest fear.

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ugh. Wasted a great game by Silovs and a great 3rd period comeback.

Edmonton can't protect a lead and can't take a ton of confidence out of this game.

Pettersson woke up in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period. Crazy the difference when he's suddenly hustling for pucks.

Suspension of Soucy - as expected - ended up costing us. Juulsen simply cannot be trusted in a playoff game. Should have played Friedman.

Hronek ... man. We know he's hurt but the last few games have been rough as hell. Ditto Cole.

Thought Myers was excellent tonight and our best D after Hughes.

Horrible 4-minute PP killed us. Edmonton has done a great job scouting our zone entries and we just can't get set up. And they pressure the hell out of Pettersson and he fumbles it every time.

Lafferty is providing nothing. Don't know why he got bumped up the roster. Give Hoglander another chance over him at this point.

Garland and Joshua again are the guys that come up big.

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
The aim for tonight wasn’t to win the game.

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK ( the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Canucks) and to hammer Drai every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 3, great place to be for the underdog.

Winning would have been gravy.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Not even mad lol. When we tied it I knew we'd just end up losing.

The Oilers wanted this one a lot more than we did. Same story as Game 2, same story as Game 5 against Nashville.

Silovs the only one willing to put in the effort.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Can’t play 20 minutes and expect to win the game

As someone else said, this team looks spent… I don’t think they have the energy to grind out a win in this series unfortunately
That was me. I truly believe that. It's not even being negative and pessimistic. I actually really respect how plucky our team is and how far they've come defensively. I just don't think it's feasible to play this way every game in the playoffs. You have to control some of your games. But they're getting by on scrapping and clawing and miraculous comebacks and 1 goal wins. You need to know how to do that in the playoffs but it can't be how you play EVERY game.

I just think the team is overmatched. They aren't quite ready.

Reactions: just22 and TruKnyte

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Ugh. Wasted a great game by Silovs and a great 3rd period comeback.

Edmonton can't protect a lead and can't take a ton of confidence out of this game.

Pettersson woke up in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period. Crazy the difference when he's suddenly hustling for pucks.

Suspension of Soucy - as expected - ended up costing us. Juulsen simply cannot be trusted in a playoff game. Should have played Friedman.

Hronek ... man. We know he's hurt but the last few games have been rough as hell. Ditto Cole.

Thought Myers was excellent tonight and our best D after Hughes.

Horrible 4-minute PP killed us. Edmonton has done a great job scouting our zone entries and we just can't get set up. And they pressure the hell out of Pettersson and he fumbles it every time.

Lafferty is providing nothing. Don't know why he got bumped up the roster. Give Hoglander another chance over him at this point.

Garland and Joshua again are the guys that come up big.

Doesn’t matter which team wins this series they’re getting smoked by Dallas.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The panel is saying Draisaitl highsticked the puck before the goal. Not conclusive but it's in question. So close, not happy to see Canucks sit back after scoring. Where was this pressure the whole game?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Myers would have lost that board battle with Kane

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Any time we’ve had pressure, this Oilers team hasn’t been able to prevent goals.

It was criminal how little we created the first 45 minutes of that game.

This Oilers team cannot defend under pressure. Hronek and Pettersson need to wake up. Put Hoglander and Podkolzin in.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
My wife was out and showed up seconds before the Oilers scored. It’s her fault.
divorce_agreement_template.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad