GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
No doubt, I don't blame you. I never seen this year Norris winner "If not corrupted" Quinn Hughes get so little respect. Getting called a diver, faker and what not by Oiler fans. It's absolute bullshit. You know if it were vise versa Hughes highsticking king McDavid, they'd be calling for heads.
It’s a joke even with blood running down his face.

Reactions: Red

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bringing in Karlsson and Aman is f***ing moronic.

How the f*** do you not put Pod in instead?

Pretty much giving up on tonight’s game.
Lol come on dude.

Untwist your ginch.

No lineups are confirmed. Pod isn't the savior or the game breaker you're making him out to be.

Reactions: dez

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
A little perplexed by Karlsson coming in. Not sure we want to get slower.

I do get wanting to have someone who can slow it down and make a good play with the puck and not get immediately dispossessed on that line.

How far has Podkolzin fallen if he can't be the next man up. Playoffs seems like his type of hockey

Reactions: Tact

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
No doubt, I don't blame you. I never seen this year Norris winner "If not corrupted" Quinn Hughes get so little respect. Getting called a diver, faker and what not by Oiler fans. It's absolute bullshit. You know if it were vise versa Hughes highsticking king McDavid, they'd be calling for heads.
I post in the mains, and it raises the level of discourse

Let that sink in . . .

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I try not to blast fools on replies but they let it go, without punishment.
Unless we don't go all the way, this team won't get the respect they deserve.

Reactions: PavelBure10

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
You would be 'punting' with a Lindholm match-up as well, only you would keep an existing line intact that might have a chance to counter. Suter-Blueger-Mikheyev is purely to kill time.

I would also make Hughes and Hronek the Dpair to Suter-Miller-Boeser, as before, and have that 5 man unit follow up Joshua-Lindholm-Garland. Putting Soucy-Myers with Suter-Miller-Boeser instead may be why the unit hasn't worked.

To sum, roll out Suter-Miller-Boeser-Hughes-Hronek as one 5 man unit and then interchange with Joshua-Lindholm-Garland-Soucy-Myers.

If that doesn't stop them, it's going to be short series regardless.
Any line matched up against McDavid/Drai/Hman is pretty much just there to kill time. The job is damage control. That unit is a terror.

Like I said before, if you allocate pretty much all their best players toward shutting the EDM top line down, you're going to limit what they can create offensively. And the knock-on effect is that the rest of the lineup is so ineffectual the best you can hope from them is really that they just kill time too.

I don't know if it's the best alignment or not, but the point of my "punt" line, again, is explicitly that you hope they can just kill time against the McDavid unit, which frees up much more favourable matchups and deployment for Miller and Pettersson.

Reactions: Vector

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I really don’t mind swapping Karlsson in. Pettersson and Hoglander have not been on the same page all playoff. The play has died on a weird Hoglander read too often. Karlsson doesn’t need to be spectacular, he just needs to be reliable and predictable with the puck.

Reactions: Jovofan

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Karlsson in for Hoglander.
Aman for Di Giuseppe.

Tocchet wants chippy players that continually move their feet, hopefully the coaching decision pans out well
Karlsson will be like the slowest player on either team.

Obviously not confirmed if he's in yet, but seems strange they wouldn't give him the time of day during the season and now, in round 2, he's going to Pettersson's wing.

I'm half expecting him to not actually be in the lineup and it's more some kind of gamesmanship from Tocc. Drance reported that Hoglander was not "rinsed" after the morning skate with the rest of the projected scratches, so that indicates there is some possibility he will be in anyway.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Hoglander hasn't been good but plugging in Karlsson doesn't inspire confidence either.

I think moving Aman up to at least keep tread water and putting Podkolzin to jump the 4th line would have been more interesting.

I guess we'll see how it goes. If Canucks win with refs as a factor, the whiplash out of EDM media would be for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad