GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the drop off between Myers and Juulson is a big one, your looking at 5 extra minutes between the the two. Myers hurt, Hronek banged up, going to have to lean on Soucy and Zad with extra minutes.
might as well put friedman in if everyones scared of putting juulssen. in. rusty players yes but they could be up for the task. simple plays.

Reactions: calnuck

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Practice line up has him paired with Pete and Mik...

The mustachio PTSD is real.
Batch was talking about Karlsson, says Tocchet described him as "sticky", meaning he is good at clogging up the neutral zone. Would want that against the oil.

I, too, am sticky*

* when it comes to the bathroom toilet

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
After this season following the Canucks, I feel as though I no longer have even a basic handle on roster construction, so many of my takes have missed the mark. Going to sit back and watch the magic from the Coach and management and hope the team comes through. Have to say, I like most of the players and want them to succeed. Even my antipathy for Myers has weakened!

Kind of a drag there's not a neutral place on these boards where you can go to discuss the game with fans from other teams. Some dozen fans seem intent on ruining any chance for a discussion about the game with other fans. I had no idea only Canuck fans had issues with the officiating.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
need a slapshot from center ice on stuart skinner. ala lidstrom on cloutier that should rattle him for the rest of the game.

the revovling wingers for petey is number 1 priority this offseason. its really hard to see the guys miss so many chances.. mikheyev hoglander.

Reactions: crazychimp

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Hopefully we pot one early shut up the crowd and silence the building with a couple goal win. Also our D need to pummel their forwards every chance we get what's point of our giants on D if they're not hitting the bejebus out of the forwards coming in. LFG go tonight !

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
After this season following the Canucks, I feel as though I no longer have even a basic handle on roster construction, so many of my takes have missed the mark. Going to sit back and watch the magic from the Coach and management and hope the team comes through. Have to say, I like most of the players and want them to succeed. Even my antipathy for Myers has weakened!

Kind of a drag there's not a neutral place on these boards where you can go to discuss the game with fans from other teams. Some dozen fans seem intent on ruining any chance for a discussion about the game with other fans. I had no idea only Canuck fans had issues with the officiating.

I keep going into the Canucks and Oilers thread on the home page and the whole thread is cringe worthy. Edmonton fans are all over Canucks fans asses for questioning the officiating. When you know damn we'll if the roles were reversed, the Oilers fans would be complaining like crazy. 2 slew foots missed, boarding on Pettersson, Hughes high stick the officiating was an absolute joke. Sutherland is a piece of shit but I would never express that on the main boards. Oil fans are very arrogant and cocky. I wanted a Canadian team to win the cup. Now I just want to knock these bastards out of the playoffs. I don't want the Oilers to win this what so ever.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019

Here's a solid re-cap of all the missed calls. The missed spearing major, the missed double-minor on McDavid, the pair of boards (both teams with one), and that slewfoot by Kane are the worst. f*** Kelly Sutherland and the horse he rode in on.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I keep going into the Canucks and Oilers thread on the home page and the whole thread is cringe worthy. Edmonton fans are all over Canucks fans asses for questioning the officiating. When you know damn we'll if the roles were reversed, the Oilers fans would be complaining like crazy. 2 slew foots missed, boarding on Pettersson, Hughes high stick the officiating was an absolute joke. Sutherland is a piece of shit but I would never express that on the main boards. Oil fans are very arrogant and cocky. I wanted a Canadian team to win the cup. Now I just want to knock these bastards out of the playoffs. I don't want the Oilers to win this what so ever.

Main boards are a wreck come playoff time, I stay away from that mess.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Lindholm line hasn't been as strong as we would have thought (in terms of scoring chance control) in the playoffs. I think that's maybe why Tocc is hesitant to use them in a matchup role.

Yeah, I said already the issue with using all their top guys in a matchup role is that it basically ensures the bottom half of the lineup will accomplish absolutely nothing offensively.

There's no winning the matchup. I think a "punt" line like Suter - Blueger - Mik might not get torched too much, but free up the other guys to play in the OZ against the Oilers' non-McDavid units.

You would be 'punting' with a Lindholm match-up as well, only you would keep an existing line intact that might have a chance to counter. Suter-Blueger-Mikheyev is purely to kill time.

I would also make Hughes and Hronek the Dpair to Suter-Miller-Boeser, as before, and have that 5 man unit follow up Joshua-Lindholm-Garland. Putting Soucy-Myers with Suter-Miller-Boeser instead may be why the unit hasn't worked.

To sum, roll out Suter-Miller-Boeser-Hughes-Hronek as one 5 man unit and then interchange with Joshua-Lindholm-Garland-Soucy-Myers.

If that doesn't stop them, it's going to be short series regardless.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Here's a solid re-cap of all the missed calls. The missed spearing major, the missed double-minor on McDavid, the pair of boards (both teams with one), and that slewfoot by Kane are the worst. f*** Kelly Sutherland and the horse he rode in on.

Every Canuck should be looking to hit McD, Drasaitl and Hyman every chance they get. Make their top players pay for making plays. Eventually its going to wear them down with how many minutes they play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad