GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Does anybody think that Linus Karlsson could potentially fit with Pettersson? It's not an ideal replacement but somebody with a bit more finish on that line to bump Hoglander back to the 4th would be nice. PDG is doing next to nothing and could do with a trip to the press box.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Does anybody think that Linus Karlsson could potentially fit with Pettersson? It's not an ideal replacement but somebody with a bit more finish on that line to bump Hoglander back to the 4th would be nice. PDG is doing next to nothing and could do with a trip to the press box.
Id rather see Lekkerimaki thrown in the fire at that spot than Karlsson at this point. Podkolzin is really the one who deserves in. Hes a hound with a hard shot, what we need more of.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Im in the UK for work and will be up at 3am tonight to catch this game

Hoping the boys bring it, our own mistakes are whats killing us. Steady it down and play them hard and we can win
Awesome Hansen. Love the dedication!

Agreed that there is nothing about this Oilers team that makes me think Canucks can't handle them.

-Oilers played the crap out of their stars.
-Series is every 2 days now, no 2 day breaks.
-Continue to forecheck hard and finish checks in both zones.

Canucks REALLY need to hit the Oilers hard from the drop of the puck on Sunday to take the crowd out of it.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Awesome Hansen. Love the dedication!

Agreed that there is nothing about this Oilers team that makes me think Canucks can't handle them.

-Oilers played the crap out of their stars.
-Series is every 2 days now, no 2 day breaks.
-Continue to forecheck hard and finish checks in both zones.

Canucks REALLY need to hit the Oilers hard from the drop of the puck on Sunday to take the crowd out of it.
Agreed gotta start finishing checks especially on their top line and top two dmen as well.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's a legitimate question.....but how far can the Canucks go if they're forced to ride Silovs the rest of the way?

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I do think Karlsson deserves a shot at a top 6 opportunity at some point since he was Abby’s leader in scoring. And he does have history producing in all the levels he’s played at. He does come with flaws though particularly his skating.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IMG_0054.jpeg

It is game day, my dudes!

The Oilers winning Game 2 seems to have all the pundits and whatnot back on the “Edmonton’s gonna take this in a walk” train. Hopefully the boys can make them reconsider that opinion tonight. Expecting a big push from the Oilers out of the gate - hopefully we can match the intensity and play a good road game.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024

No Sutherland tonight, thank goodness.

I saw something about how Oilers fans hate Kozari and how he screws them over but with him reffing this season they were 8-1 but Kozari was the reason why they lost game 1.

Sutherland was bad last game on both sides. I would have thought Van deserved at least a PP or two more than the Oilers last game and some of the missed calls led to game changing moments for the Oilers though.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
What is Tocchet going to do with the lines tonight? Canucks got out played last game but it seems as if Tocchet never has an answer if the players don't have it for him. Clearly he can tell the players to do things and they may or may not do it, just never seems like a coaching moment has helped. *Slaps lotto line together* and pray seems to be his only thought.

Reactions: mossey3535

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What is Tocchet going to do with the lines tonight? Canucks got out played last game but it seems as if Tocchet never has an answer if the players don't have it for him. Clearly he can tell the players to do things and they may or may not do it, just never seems like a coaching moment has helped. *Slaps lotto line together* and pray seems to be his only thought.

Sounds like Juulsen may go for Myers who was hurt in Game 2. And one of Aman or Podkolzin in for Hoglander. Two wild guesses -

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Mikheyev - Blueger - Pettersson
Garland - Lindholm - Joshua
Lafferty - Aman - Di Giuseppe

Or

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Mikheyev - Pettersson - Podkolzin
Garland - Lindholm - Joshua
Lafferty - Blueger - Di Giuseppe

On D I would expect -

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Zadorov
Cole - Juulsen

Also, I believe the reports on Demko were that they hoped he’d start taking some shots today or tomorrow. Hopefully the progress is good on that front and we hear more about it later this morning.

EDIT: Just clarifying - I don’t think Tocchet wants to mess with his two lines that are flicking (Miller and Lindholm lines), so I see tinkering with the Petey and Fourth lines occurring.

Reactions: David71

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A little concerned the game management might take Zadorov out of the game with a head hit call. Who is the shortest Oiler? It will be on that guy.

A lot of chat about Hyman's dramatic head toss, hand to face and dive to ice non call for high sticking. I sure hope any that are throwing that up aren't thinking he deserved a high sticking penalty against the Canucks, it should have been an embellishment call against Hyman. Watch for those, lots of embellishments.

Edmonton left the last game without a bruise. Time for some emotion like those other series. This has been tame, almost like the easy season games.

Apart from the McD line the rest of the players must feel like spares for them. What an easy job, millions for 8 minutes work a game and front row seat to watch those guys.

Hopefully Kane stops the slew foots. And the ref/linesmen use all the tools they have to get calls right.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Also, I believe the reports on Demko were that they hoped he’d start taking some shots today or tomorrow. Hopefully the progress is good on that front and we hear more about it later this morning.
I think Demko has only so many games left in him this season and they will wait until the last gasp. I can see him playing if they are behind in the series.

Give them a thrill, have Demko take the warm up skate :D

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I expect more of the same from the Oilers tonight. Top line loaded up and going hard. Whichever unit is going against them needs to at least try to saw off that battle - and I think Hughes / Hronek needs to be the D pair to match up with them. We need their skating.

And then we need our other units to win their shifts against the rest of them.

And of course, stay out of the box.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Demko has only so many games left in him this season and they will wait until the last gasp. I can see him playing if they are behind in the series.

Give them a thrill, have Demko take the warm up skate :D

The earliest possible dates cited for a Demko return were Game 5 or 6. And I don’t think we’d be getting “100% Demko” at that time. More like a Demko who they are confident can’t make his injury worse by playing.

If Silovs can continue playing well enough to give this team a chance to win (as he has done), that’s huge.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Tocchet got the team to OT in a game where the fix was in and MCDavid played every second shift.

The strength of this team has been trust in the system and team mates.

People need to chill.

I feel confident in this team’s ability to play a tight road game. We were 3-0 on hostile territory in Round 1. Hopefully we can show some of that road warrior mentality here.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
the drop off between Myers and Juulson is a big one, your looking at 5 extra minutes between the the two. Myers hurt, Hronek banged up, going to have to lean on Soucy and Zad with extra minutes.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
the drop off between Myers and Juulson is a big one, your looking at 5 extra minutes between the the two. Myers hurt, Hronek banged up, going to have to lean on Soucy and Zad with extra minutes.

Soucy was excellent in Game 1 before some tough decisions in Game 2, and Zadorov has been playing some pretty consistently good hockey. Tocchet said the team has had a “next man up” mentality all year - I think these guys will be ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad