GDT: WCSF | GM 1 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Let's go stars. Jake has looked solid and settled after the first two games so I hope he keeps it up. Huge advantage for Dallas in net.

Reactions: Summer Rose

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Time to start haunting Oettinger's dreams.

Hopefully the zebras come through for us...
dallas was least or next to least penalized team in the league over 82 games. if suddenly the avs are getting more power plays on subjective calls (not high sticks/delays), you might start to question things. (at least as a stars fan)

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
dallas was least or next to least penalized team in the league over 82 games. if suddenly the avs are getting more power plays on subjective calls (not high sticks/delays), you might start to question things. (at least as a stars fan)
No matter what happens if a team starts to lose, the refs are the first to be blamed, then conspiracy theories. Generally not until a few weeks after the playoffs do people settle into the fact that it is what it is and usually evens out in the long run.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

The Avs get a lot of teams tripping them. If Dallas does this, they should get called.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Get your questions ready bud because I submitted my payment to the refs today

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't know why but I just expect Colorado to dominate this series unless Georgiev has a complete meltdown (which is certainly possible).

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I hate the camera angle in Dallas.
Some people hate greatness.
No matter what happens if a team starts to lose, the refs are the first to be blamed, then conspiracy theories. Generally not until a few weeks after the playoffs do people settle into the fact that it is what it is and usually evens out in the long run.
The refs should be blamed for anything and everything because it's not just that they are bad at what they do. What they do is insidious and evil and they're directed to be that way from on high with their game management, etc.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I don't know why but I just expect Colorado to dominate this series unless Georgiev has a complete meltdown (which is certainly possible).
The reason people are thinking this is due to Shiny Toy Syndrome that is exacerbated by marketing propaganda. They love those fast, flashy toys like Makar and McKinnon. Some even wish they could play with those toys themselves like Buccigross does.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The reason people are thinking this is due to Shiny Toy Syndrome that is exacerbated by marketing propaganda. They love those fast, flashy toys like Makar and McKinnon. Some even wish they could play with those toys themselves like Buccigross does.
Dunno. Maybe. I always felt Colorado’s downfall would be in nets and their lack of depth and both of those were a strength in the first round.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Dunno. Maybe. I always felt Colorado’s downfall would be in nets and their lack of depth and both of those were a strength in the first round.
Also Dallas strengths in the first round and they beat Vegas without finishing their chances. In the regular season they were neck and neck all season as scoring teams. Now imagine if the Dallas O gets going. Easy to go back and forth on that kind of stuff. I could see multiple goal wins for both teams and still go six or seven. I could also see five game series wins by either team. If Dallas does clog things up AND their scoring floodgates open, it will get ugly. If Dallas can't clog up the neutral zone, speed gets them and they still can't get the O going, it will get ugly.

Reactions: LT and Summer Rose

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Also Dallas strengths in the first round and they beat Vegas without finishing their chances. In the regular season they were neck and neck all season as scoring teams. Now imagine if the Dallas O gets going. Easy to go back and forth on that kind of stuff. I could see multiple goal wins for both teams and still go six or seven. I could also see five game series wins by either team. If Dallas does clog things up AND their scoring floodgates open, it will get ugly. If Dallas can't clog up the neutral zone, speed gets them and they still can't get the O going, it will get ugly.
It really boils down to goaltending. If Ott can continue his momentum and not revert back to his regular season Jekyll and Hyde self then they’re good. Likewise for Georgiev.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I think the offense will come. Four-giev is not close to Thompson and hill. Colorados defensive system is not close to Vegas with their big defenders blocking shots and clogging lanes. Avs speed will kill Dallas if they allow it.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
It really boils down to goaltending. If Ott can continue his momentum and not revert back to his regular season Jekyll and Hyde self then they’re good. Likewise for Georgiev.
Yeah exceptional or bad goaltending will always be a decider. Maybe both will suck and there will be 100+ goals in the series.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Idiots, the Vancouver-Edmonton series thread is almost at 100 pages with more than 24 hours to go before game 1. Get your #$%^ together and start eviscerating one another in vicious sectarian violence.
who-da-fook-conor-mcgregor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad