Status
Not open for further replies.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
5 Stages of a Blues fan .....

Denial: "Well we've been down 2-0 in the 3rd period before and came back."
Anger: "I never had faith in Binnington anyway......LOSER!" "This team sucks!"
Bargaining: "I just want the Blues to win tonight!" "I don't even care if they get swept in the 3rd round."
Depression: "The Blues will never win the cup...."
Acceptance: "The Blues had a really good draft." "I like their chances next season."

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Okay, Blues fans, I'll ask an obvious question for an outsider ... why Perron on the 2nd line and Thomas on the 3rd?

Btw, it's not too late to correct your Tage mistake by swapping him for Thomas. You've caught me in a generous mood. Don't delay.

honestly Thomas is playing the best I've ever seen him play this year, that third line was a beast against the Jets and still look pretty good most of the time this series. I think Chief doesn't want to mess with them because Bozak and Maroon have not looked anywhere close to this good with any other linemates

Reactions: SabresSharks

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
honestly Thomas is playing the best I've ever seen him play this year, that third line was a beast against the Jets and still look pretty good most of the time this series. I think Chief doesn't want to mess with them because Bozak and Maroon have not looked anywhere close to this good with any other linemates

Disagree. Maroon has been one of our best forwards this playoffs.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Fair. If it ain't broke ...

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
reread my post, I never said he didn't, I said it's Thomas driving that line, all three look great and that's why Thomas has not moved to the 2nd line

I just disagree. Thomas drives that line, but maybe Maroon anchors it? Maroon has shined on that line, as well as been one of the few bright spots on our PP. Maroon is one of the few forwards that can make something happen off the cycle down low in the Stars zone. The reason Thomas hasn't moved up is because of how fantastic that line is, not because we need Thomas with Maroon in order for him to be effective, which is what you said in your post.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Okay, Blues fans, I'll ask an obvious question for an outsider ... why Perron on the 2nd line and Thomas on the 3rd?

Btw, it's not too late to correct your Tage mistake by swapping him for Thomas. You've caught me in a generous mood. Don't delay.

TBH, it would take Tage and two 1st rounders for me to move Thomas. He’s going to an elite 2 way center.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I just disagree. Thomas drives that line, but maybe Maroon anchors it? Maroon has shined on that line, as well as been one of the few bright spots on our PP. Maroon is one of the few forwards that can make something happen off the cycle down low in the Stars zone. The reason Thomas hasn't moved up is because of how fantastic that line is, not because we need Thomas with Maroon in order for him to be effective, which is what you said in your post.

Strange that we don't have people asking why Maroon isn't playing on the top lines then..... I like Maroon too especially on his contract but I disagree that he is as important as Thomas on that line

Reactions: STLomacneko

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Strange that we don't have people asking why Maroon isn't playing on the top lines then..... I like Maroon too especially on his contract but I disagree that he is as important as Thomas on that line

I didn't say he was as important as Thomas on that line. I said I disagreed with you when you said Maroon needs Thomas as a line mate in order to be effective.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
GO BLUES GO!

I expect a very safe and boring game until the second half of the third.

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
You didn't even mention Bozak in this post. He has been a very important part of the line allowing Thomas and Maroon to push where they know they have a defensive center at their back. Its not the quality of the players on this line so much as how they play together. They have been the most consistent line for us in the playoffs and honestly since they were put together. Strangely reminds me of the Fabbri, Stastny, Brouwer line a few years ago in how they are made up and what they bring to the table every night

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
You didn't even mention Bozak in this post. He has been a very important part of the line allowing Thomas and Maroon to push where they know they have a defensive center at their back. Its not the quality of the players on this line so much as how they play together. They have been the most consistent line for us in the playoffs and honestly since they were put together. Strangely reminds me of the Fabbri, Stastny, Brouwer line a few years ago in how they are made up and what they bring to the table every night

Agreed. I singled out Maroon because I have really liked his play. I was just responding to another fan who felt Maroon and Bozak haven't looked as effective outside of this line. Maroon in particular to me has looked good just about every time he is on the ice, with or without Bozak and Thomas, even though they have spent 90% + of their shifts together.

Dec 15, 2002
I don't know about anyone else, but this 8:30pm starts just piss me the hell off. I'm sick and tired of having to be up until closer to midnight all because the networks decide that they have to have the EC game played at 7pm Eastern and the rest of the world has to w- ...............

Wait, it's a 7pm start? Holy shit, do any of the players know about this?

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
As good as Thomas has been, his minutes have been somewhat limited and hes not facing top competition. He's going to be real good in the future but hes currently being put in a position to succeed. I do like what that line brings though, Maroon and Bozak are probably mentoring him a bit. That line plays a very specific way and they all seem to be on the same page.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Blues fans you should be happy

Ritchie is in. So is Fedun. 3rd d pairing generally plays with the 4th line so f***

Our 4th line/3rd pairing together is as bad as it could possibly be now:

Spezza-Dowling-Ritchie
Fedun-Lovejoy

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues fans you should be happy

Ritchie is in. So is Fedun. 3rd d pairing generally plays with the 4th line so ****

Our 4th line/3rd pairing together is as bad as it could possibly be now:

Spezza-Dowling-Ritchie
Fedun-Lovejoy

The way some Stars fans talk though, Janmark is the worst player in the history of the NHL?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Something amusing from the Facebook fans

I5tWvLF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad