WCSF Game 4: Edmonton Oilers vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM MT 7:00PM PT | ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

G5eRBRz.jpg

(image cred: Eric Poole // @Epoole88)

2023_5_3_5b46f2cc-c9a9-48b7-886e-bd2544ccd587_jpg_1920x1080.jpg

KNIGHTS LEAD SERIES 2-1

Game Day
: Wednesday May 10th 2023
Game Time: 8:00 PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

THE SERIES SO FAR...

GAME 1

GAME 2

GAME 3

-----

:edmonton

Evander Kane - Connor McDavid - Leon Draisaitl
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Nick Bjugstad - Zach Hyman
Warren Foegele - Ryan McLeod - Derek Ryan
Klim Kostin - Kailer Yamamoto

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Cody Ceci
Brett Kulak - Vinny Desharnais
Philip Broberg

Stuart Skinner

-----

:vegas

Ivan Barbashev - Jack Eichel - Jonathan Marchessault
Brett Howden - Chandler Stephenson - Mark Stone
Reilly Smith - William Karlsson - Mike Amadio
Will Carrier - Nicolas Roy - Keegan Kolesar

Alec Martinez - Alex Pietrangelo
Brayden McNabb - Shea Theodore
Nicolas Hague - Zach Whitecloud

Adin Hill

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE

• Hyman was not available to skate yesterday. If he cannot go today, one of Devin Shore or Dylan Holloway are likely to draw in.

• Just win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Campbell should start this game.

Your worst fears with Campbell is that he was giving up 4 goals but Skinner is already doing that anyway so no harm in starting Campbell.

He’s hit or miss but when he’s on, he’s really on and no reason why he cant get on a hot streak.

Worst case, he gives up 4 goals like Skinner has been doing so you have to get 5.

Best case, he looks like hot Campbell which happens for 2-3 weeks every season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Games’ winner will depend on how manny PP’s the Oilers get. Under four and Vegas wins.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Games’ winner will depend on how manny PP’s the Oilers get. Under four and Vegas wins.

there might be some truth to that, and who the refs are will be very important. However... I think the Oilers CAN and, hopefully WiLL be a lot better at even strength and at defending their net front this game. Hopefully they can level it off enough that 1 or 2 PPs can do the job.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
there might be some truth to that, and who the refs are will be very important. However... I think the Oilers CAN and, hopefully WiLL be a lot better at even strength and at defending their net front this game. Hopefully they can level it off enough that 1 or 2 PPs can do the job.
Oilers will need to keep it a low scoring game to win if they are getting only a couple PPs. Something like 3-2.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Go back to sleep!
That's a bad idea, then I'll be awake for the game.... give me 5 hours and that should see me through. :laugh: As it is I have to avoid Oiler fans slipping meth and a whole bunch of other stuff into my drinks in a desperate effort to keep me wide awake. :laugh:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Omg what teams show up tonight? the good Oilers? or the crap Oilers? the good Knights? or the crap Knights?

Campbell should start this game.

Your worst fears with Campbell is that he was giving up 4 goals but Skinner is already doing that anyway so no harm in starting Campbell.

He’s hit or miss but when he’s on, he’s really on and no reason why he cant get on a hot streak.

Worst case, he gives up 4 goals like Skinner has been doing so you have to get 5.

Best case, he looks like hot Campbell which happens for 2-3 weeks every season.
Totally agree, Skinner has been similar to regular season Campbell. Gotta give Campbell a shot here.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
The only thing I'm confident about is a complete polar shift in officiating. Can't have any consistency whatsoever so I'm expecting 10 powerplays tonight.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
I think starting Campbell would be the best option. If you don't start him, you are basically saying he is finished with the team and the rookie Skinner has proven himself enough to be the #1. Skinner has been mediocre in Games 1 and 3 this series. Why not switch it up, go with the guy making 5 million and give Skinner a break. A big win would give Campbell a lot more confidence and they could ride that wave all the way to the cup :naughty:

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I think starting Campbell would be the best option. If you don't start him, you are basically saying he is finished with the team and the rookie Skinner has proven himself enough to be the #1. Skinner has been mediocre in Games 1 and 3 this series. Why not switch it up, go with the guy making 5 million and give Skinner a break. A big win would give Campbell a lot more confidence and they could ride that wave all the way to the cup :naughty:

I was surprised this didn't happen after game 4 vs LA, that comeback was the turning point in the series and Campbell was solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad