GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I did not think we'd see Arturs Silovs vs Calvin Pickard in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Well as an Oiler fan I can't say I would have been shocked. Skinner wasn't great last round or last year.

I bet Skinner is back in next game unless Pickard steals this one.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
well technically, the goal was never allowed in the first place. :laugh:
1000025205.gif
😏

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Well as an Oiler fan I can't say I would have been shocked. Skinner wasn't great last round or last year.

I bet Skinner is back in next game unless Pickard steals this one.

He did end up having a .910 Sv% against the Kings which isn't bad at all. Part of that is the way the Kings play though and the lack of high quality chances he faced.

The puck was likely not fully over the line, but it doesn’t matter anyway, because the Oilers second goal wouldn’t have happened if it counted.

Exactly this. They drew a penalty on the play and scored on the powerplay, so it ended up being a goal anyways.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bouchard doesn't effect the game the way the real dynamic dmen do and it's why he's not a Norris candidate despite all those points.
He's not good on his own defensively, he's just not. I've watched a ton of oiler games and never am I left with the impression that he's a game changer or competent on defense, he makes far to many mistakes that elite dmen don't.
Any dman with even a modicum of offensive talent will get points simply playing with #97 and #29.
Bouchard compared to any Dmen would put up better points. He's being lauded for a reason. His shot from the point is lethal and he moves the puck brilliantly. As for his D, he is underrated there but has his lapses. He is getting better and better as Ekholm's game continues to rub off on him

Reactions: RegDunlop

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He did end up having a .910 Sv% against the Kings which isn't bad at all. Part of that is the way the Kings play though and the lack of high quality chances he faced.

Exactly this. They drew a penalty on the play and scored on the powerplay, so it ended up being a goal anyways.
Skinner had one brilliant game vs the Kings but two bad ones mixed in there too. Consistency has plagued him. Last year was like that too. He went back and forth with bad games and then strong bounce backs but we were sunk with a couple bad ones in a row vs Vegas

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Bouchard compared to any Dmen would put up better points. He's being lauded for a reason. His shot from the point is lethal and he moves the puck brilliantly. As for his D, he is underrated there but has his lapses. He is getting better and better as Ekholm's game continues to rub off on him

Eckholm and Bouchard have been the most effective D-pairing on either team through 3 games at even strength, and it's not because of McDavid and Draisaitl. They've been on for a combined 11 ES goals for, and and only 4 against. And when you consider Connor and Leon are only a combined net 2 at ES, it's not because they're leeching off them.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I did not think we'd see Arturs Silovs vs Calvin Pickard in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
We saw it last year!.. just between Bakersfield and Abbotsford

To be fair to the Oilers Bouchard at 3.9M makes him one of the best contracts in the league.
Agreed. Problem is they probably have to choose between him and Leon freaking Draisaitl next year when their contracts expire. Oilers really shouldn't have bridged Bouch

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
D-men notoriously take longer to start rounding their defensive side. Q.Hughes just this year showed his work in this area. Not many are Makar who steps in and is instantly good at everything.

With his shot and puck moving he will be deadly once his defensive side catches up.

Cheers.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Good luck to both team (obvious nod to the Canucks).

Tons of talent out there on both sides, should be a beauty! Here’s hoping for a high octane classic, let’s see goals and some OT.

My heart is with the Canucks but think Edmonton will show some power and pushback tonight. Hope I’m wrong.

The Edmonton version of our national anthem is a thing of beauty!

Go Nucks!

Cheers

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Kenny Holland going to cost the Oilers another year by not finding a goaltender or upgrading on Nurse-Ceci. Tyler Wright with the big brain genius move of taking Xavier Bourgault over Wyatt Johnston, ignoring the overall consensus of the Oilers scouts and Paul Coffey (who coached Johnston throughout his juvenile years).

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Eckholm and Bouchard have been the most effective D-pairing on either team through 3 games at even strength, and it's not because of McDavid and Draisaitl. They've been on for a combined 11 ES goals for, and and only 4 against. And when you consider Connor and Leon are only a combined net 2 at ES, it's not because they're leeching off them.

Every point Bouchard has in this series was an assist to or an assist from one or both of McDrai. Sounds carried to me. Ekholm has been fantastic. He is a much better over all D-man than Bouchard. Bouchard looked AHL level when Ekholm was out early this year. His game just happen to come around when Ekholm made it back into the lineup.

The reason why McDrai is only net 2 is because your other D-pairings are failing at playing defense right now and McDrai are playing half the game.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Good luck to both team (obvious nod to the Canucks).

Tons of talent out there on both sides, should be a beauty! Here’s hoping for a high octane classic, let’s see goals and some OT.

My heart is with the Canucks but think Edmonton will show some power and pushback tonight. Hope I’m wrong.

The Edmonton version of our national anthem is a thing of beauty!

Go Nucks!

Cheers

Let's hope to see the good of playoff hockey tonight. Fast, Physical, beauty goals, beauty saves, and for the love of everything that is holy, nothing happens that people are going to complain about for the next 2 days. I don't know if my heart can take OT though.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Let's hope to see the good of playoff hockey tonight. Fast, Physical, beauty goals, beauty saves, and for the love of everything that is holy, nothing happens that people are going to complain about for the next 2 days. I don't know if my heart can take OT though.
1000025243.gif

But this
1000025248.gif

In the end though
1000024800.jpg

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

Eckholm especially has been great. If he is injured and hampered in any way it could be trouble. And the Canucks need to keep on hitting him hard.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
He is a perfect complimentary player to McDavid's game and his slapshot from the point was the one thing the Oilers PP was missing.

Reactions: settinguptheplay

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Even if Pickard plays great it's hard to understand how a team with McDavid and Draisaitl continues to go into the playoffs with goalie depth charts like this.
Holland only had 5 years and 25 million in salary to address this. His solutions were Koskinen, Smith, Pickard, Stu and Campbell. Amazingly, he was a former goalie.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tuggy and ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad