GDT: WCSF Game 3: Blues @ Stars | 7pm CT (NBCSN) | Road Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That 3rd goal is big on Pietro what a terrible effort to get the puck out of the zone with plenty of time and he plays it that nonchalantly. Unacceptable, Pietro has never made so many bad defensive plays in a year as he's done this year. My goodness what is up with him?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Missed the game live because I had to go play beer league softball of all things. But watching it, I thought it was a pretty strong game aside from the defensive gaffes. I think Dallas is doing a good job in forcing some of them, but the Blues need to be much better in front of Binnington on a more consistent basis. Good win with a chance to get a stranglehold on the series tomorrow.

As an aside, for all the bitch, moaning, and complaining that a not insignificant amount of this board does about a lack of leadership/mental toughness/character/blah blah blah this might be the most resilient Blues team of my lifetime. Putting out of your mind for a second that they were left for dead in January, just in this postseason alone they have:
Scored two goals in the third to beat WPG game one
Scored three goals in the third to win in WPG to grab control of the series
Completely dominated WPG for 56 mins of an elimination game at home
Won this back and forth game against Dallas on the road.

No, it’s not always pretty. They don’t dominate for 60 minutes. But the other team is full of guys getting paid too. They want to win just as bad as the Blues, and Winnipeg and Dallas are good teams. But the Blues have demonstrated, for months now, a way to win games that are able to be won. And that’s what good teams (and teams that win championships) do.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Funny how hard Jbo is hitting Binnington's helmet after win. Its his ritual, but seriously that is little jab almost.
He must really like Binny, he usually just gives a love tap but for Binny after a strong performance J-Bo gives almost a full-on hookercut/45 that actually snaps Binny's head back somewhat. Lol, that's love for your teammate right there.

Reactions: Ranksu

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
He must really like Binny, he usually just gives a love tap but for Binny after a strong performance J-Bo gives almost a full-on hookercut/45 that actually snaps Binny's head back somewhat. Lol, that's love for your teammate right there.
I'm pretty sure he clobbered Ryan Miller after one game too

Reactions: STLomacneko

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
NBC coverage is really shameless. Blues would have just come from a good possession shift, and McGuire would be like, oh boy Heiskanen is back on the ice. Relentless pumping of the Stars including a cute look at a couple of their plugs looking at an Ipad and lauding them for being up with the times. It's practically on the level of local broadcast team (or worse). I can't have the sound up too loud because McGuire is so annoying. Does anyone recall the kind of rude, negative question he led off the in-game interview with Berube?

I thought this sort of thing was only for Blackhawks. I get that league marketing is star-based and they want to pump up guys who they think might be big players for the next few years...don't the Blues have anyone like that? Isn't Parayko a good story? Thomas? I guess Dallas is that much bigger a market than STL.

On a positive note, that Bozak line is so fun to watch. Interesting that none of them were on the team last year...they don't play like any Blues line I can remember recently. Consistent effort in all game situations. Really a joy to watch.

Reactions: STLomacneko

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Missed the game live because I had to go play beer league softball of all things. But watching it, I thought it was a pretty strong game aside from the defensive gaffes. I think Dallas is doing a good job in forcing some of them, but the Blues need to be much better in front of Binnington on a more consistent basis. Good win with a chance to get a stranglehold on the series tomorrow.

As an aside, for all the *****, moaning, and complaining that a not insignificant amount of this board does about a lack of leadership/mental toughness/character/blah blah blah this might be the most resilient Blues team of my lifetime. Putting out of your mind for a second that they were left for dead in January, just in this postseason alone they have:
Scored two goals in the third to beat WPG game one
Scored three goals in the third to win in WPG to grab control of the series
Completely dominated WPG for 56 mins of an elimination game at home
Won this back and forth game against Dallas on the road.

No, it’s not always pretty. They don’t dominate for 60 minutes. But the other team is full of guys getting paid too. They want to win just as bad as the Blues, and Winnipeg and Dallas are good teams. But the Blues have demonstrated, for months now, a way to win games that are able to be won. And that’s what good teams (and teams that win championships) do.
Couldn’t have said it better. Good teams find a way to win even when it’s not their best game being played. We’ve seen the Blues “A” game.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
^^^Pierre was pumping Thomas' tires all night and he never misses a chance to praise the Shea Weber in Parayko. Not sure what the complaint is.

The broadcast isn't great with those names but it's not because of a bias towards Dallas
I think Thomas will have a breakout game real soon. I’m calling a hat trick in game 4 from Robert Thomas. Wouldn’t mind seeing on him on the wing or centering Perron and Schenn but obviously you can’t break up the “Money in the Bank” line lol They’ve been our best line this playoffs.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Here's a secret...during the stressful points turn on the radio...its usually ahead...let down or boost up is more gentle on the radio than on TV
I get to the point where I listen to the radio and watch on the television if something interesting is happening when they are on the road. I can't stand the NBC crew.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If the Blues can win on the road playing gong show defense at times, they should absolutely dominate if they can put it all together like game 5 against the Jets. I still think this series is over in 6. Stars will be desperate next game and run their horses into the ground. The ice times for some of their players for the first two rounds are really starting to get up there.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
It was nice to see guys like Thomas and Sundqvist get recognition from the NBC crew. It really feels like Thomas is on the cusp of breaking out, he's made some incredible passes that just aren't being cashed in.

Reactions: Note Worthy

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
That 3rd goal is big on Pietro what a terrible effort to get the puck out of the zone with plenty of time and he plays it that nonchalantly. Unacceptable, Pietro has never made so many bad defensive plays in a year as he's done this year. My goodness what is up with him?

That was legit the only mistake he made last night. Stars generated very few quality chances with Petro on the ice. His advanced metrics, including expected +/- and expected goals for% were outstanding.

Don't let one mistake fool you. The numbers show Petro was outstanding last night. He shut down their top line for the most part.

Reactions: Brian39

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
It was nice to see guys like Thomas and Sundqvist get recognition from the NBC crew. It really feels like Thomas is on the cusp of breaking out, he's made some incredible passes that just aren't being cashed in.

The Maroon-Bozak-Thomas line has been a possession monster in this series. It was nice to see them finally break through with some goals.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Bishop and Lindell are getting walloped in the Stars forum.

I think they're both playing great.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Bishop and Lindell are getting walloped in the Stars forum.

I think they're both playing great.
Bishop wasn’t great in game one, was very good game 2, and was just alright last night. They had high expectations given what he’s done all year. Lindell has been good but last night was pretty embarrassing. The 3 dives in one sequence was bad enough but then to either dive again on the GWG or to be that easily shoved out of position is really rough. I don’t blame them for raking him over the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad