GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The same can be said about the high stick on Hyman. There were a lot of missed calls in this game. But when you get a powerplay because RNH dropped his stick and gets a penalty for it, it should take away the sting a bit.
Hymans was missed and in the middle the action around the net with 10 guys involved. McDavid was in open ice , the puck a few feet away, and it drew blood. Hughes got thrown off the ice because he was bleeding on it. Southerland wouldn't even look at him , just kept pointing to the bench.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think we're giving Sutherland far too much credit on the missed high stick by McDavid. I'm guessing he didn't make the call because he was staring at the attractive blonde in row 10, instead of officiating the game.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I have it as an even 3 3 split.

Game 1: P1 - Edmonton, P2, P3 - Vancouver
Game 2: P1 - Edmonton, P2 - Vancouver, P3 - Edmonton

It's about as even as it could be.
Fair enough. I didn't actually see the first tonight so I was just going off hearsay.

What I will say is that if the Oilers need to ride their top forwards this much to get past the canucks, it doesn't bode well for future rounds (both in quality of competition and energy levels of their top players).

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Call McDavid high stick Canucks get 4 min poweplay they probably score at least 1 .Refs can change games in a blink
Canucks bitching about a missed high stick penalty as if the exact same thing didn't happen to Hyman at the end of the 1st period.

Or how about the missed too many men call on the Zadorov goal?

lol if anyone could possibly think the Canucks got the short end of the stick on officiating.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Hymans was missed and in the middle the action around the net with 10 guys involved. McDavid was in open ice , the puck a few feet away, and it drew blood. Hughes got thrown off the ice because he was bleeding on it. Southerland wouldn't even look at him , just kept pointing to the bench.
And?

I'm not denying it was a bad miss. I'm dismissing the notion that it was a singular turning point in light of many other misses, coupled with the assumption that a goal would have resulted. If you want a cherry on top, it's been suggested that the too many men on the Zadorov goal was let go because of the miss on the high stick.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Draisiatl is getting left wide open, he a complete after thought. Offense flows through McDavid and not him
Your Draisaitl-hate through the years has certainly been entertaining.
As someone who has seen each and every game in the McDrai-playoff era, I can with certainty say that Draisaitl has been the bigger playoff performer and more important offensive weapon in most series so far. And many Oilers-fans will agree with me. He is head to head with the best player in the world.

Last year and this year, it seems that it was McDavid who needed Draisaitl to get going in some series by moving back to his line. McDavid is more flashy while Draisaitl is more aggressive and playoff-capable it seems. McDavid splits the D with his skating, Draisaitl with his puck protection and passing and physicality -- he controls the pace of the game.

How do you describe this? No-offense-Draisaitl creating offense pretty well, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad