GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I'm on the fence about Draisaitl and Henrique. If they feel they can play, they can play and it helps our odds. But it seems like there could be a risk of reaggrevation, and they won't even likely be at 100%

I'm leaning towards sitting them and taking the extra chance for a loss and go full bore at home. 2-0 is not a death sentence. I don't even think it's a shoe in that we lose without them.

Unless McDavid goes bananas it will be tough

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm on the fence about Draisaitl and Henrique. If they feel they can play, they can play and it helps our odds. But it seems like there could be a risk of reaggrevation, and they won't even likely be at 100%

I'm leaning towards sitting them and taking the extra chance for a loss and go full bore at home. 2-0 is not a death sentence. I don't even think it's a shoe in that we lose without them.
Ideally, this is only game 2. The best odds are to sit them now while the still a somewhat meaningless game.

Bigger picture is that Edmonton needs these guys later in the series and or later in the playoffs

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Oilers lose tonight? Grab the popcorn and enjoy the mayhem. A lose tonight--Oilers are done

I am still waiting for a logical explanation why they were the favorites. Vancouver went wire to wire in their division
It was more emotion than logic. Despite BC being the size of the GTA almost , the Canucks are treated as a curiosity. Like Ottawa of the west.

Edmonton has a higher stature in the national media , with their history and McDavid. You aren't a part of the cool club if you pick Vancouver

Skinner was one of the biggest issues (aside from the team going into full passive mode after going up 4-1), but I agree that it doesn't mean Pickard should start. Skinner has had good bounce back games after a stinker like that. His leash should be pretty short these playoffs though. Two stinkers in a row should get Pickard in the net.
But all of his games vs Vancouver end up the same.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think you for sure have to sit them if there’s any reasonable risk of making things worse. Second game isn’t important enough yet. But if Draisaitl ends up out long term it pretty much kills their cup chances even if they win the series.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers lose tonight? Grab the popcorn and enjoy the mayhem. A lose tonight--Oilers are done

I am still waiting for a logical explanation why they were the favorites. Vancouver went wire to wire in their division
A lot of it has to do with optics

McDavid led team vs. Pettersson led team
Easy series against LA vs. A slog with Nashville
Skinner vs. Vezina quality goaltender being hurt and backup also banged up
More recent playoff experience vs. Less recent playoff experience

If Canucks win tonight with Silovs in net no chance they start DeSmith next game
True, if it’s a convincing win.

Reactions: Summer Rose

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I don't think so. You're not really in trouble until you lose on home ice. A Canucks loss tonight and Oilers are in the driver's seat. An Oilers loss and they can still tie it back up at home.

The main issue with another Oilers loss tonight would be the mental strain. 6 straight losses to one team must get into your head, especially if the goaltending is poor again.

But I anticipate a big game from McDavid.

Oilers are fragile

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
here's another call where kelly sutherland just completely botched it. in the stanley cup finals, no less. that's him in the corner #11. he's brutal. he's looking right at the play. one of the worst to ever ref. and it's even worse considering his history with the canucks.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_4342.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad