GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I always feel it's a bad sign if you've heard of the referee's name. The Kozari/Lee combo always felt like subpar officiating though.

Game 1 was one of the cleanest-refereed games I've seen in this entire playoffs.

One or two very minor things both ways that weren't called, nothing remotely controversial to any neutral watching the game. Both teams were clean and disciplined and the refs correctly let them play and didn't manufacture calls.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Should be a fun one tonight! Just going to try & pretend Sutherland isn't reffing (until he makes his presence felt).

Think both teams can be better than last game, should be hard fought unless the Oil PP breaks it open.
lol I really don't want a win due to ref interference

But sounds like he is to you guys, what Kozari is to us.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Let's go Skinner. Show us again why you're the worst starter in the league.

People are crazy suggesting pickard should start, skinner didn't win the game, but he was far from the issue

Pickard has also not given me any reason this season to suggest he can handle playoff games
Are you suggesting Skinner has given you a reason to suggest he can handle playoff games? He would be the worst goalie ever to win the cup if the Oil ever got there. Yes, worse than Niemi or Osgood.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
If the Oilers get 3 or less powerplays Vancouver will be up 2-0. This series depends entirely on the Canucks staying out of the box. 5 on 5 they'll take the series in 5 games. Canucks have to be disciplined and hope there aren't the usual phantom calls for touching McDavid.

Considering how poor the Canucks PK is, 3 Oiler PP is easily 3 Oiler goals. The only way the Canucks have a chance is to take zero unnecessary penalties and, by watching the Canucks all season, you have better odds of winning the lottery.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Considering how poor the Canucks PK is, 3 Oiler PP is easily 3 Oiler goals. The only way the Canucks have a chance is to take zero unnecessary penalties and, by watching the Canucks all season, you have better odds of winning the lottery.
What? The Canucks are currently 4th among all playoff teams in PK%. They are far from poor on the PK. You've been drinking too much koolaid.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Oilers rely too heavily on special teams for their success that’s why they’re getting exposed in round 2. 5-on-5 play needs to be a lot better.
Oilers PP% 47.6%.
Canucks PK% 87.0%
With 3 PP opportunities they’d score 2 goals at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad