GDT: WCSF - Game #1 BoA : Oilers in Cowtown | 7:30pm MT/ 9:30pm ET/ 3:30pm HST (Bryanbryoil)/ Thursday 3:30am EET | CBC, SN, ESPN, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Should be a fun game to watch between two good teams.

If we can play like how we did in game 7 I don't see us losing tonight. If we play like game 4 or 5 Oilers then it's going to be a sad ending.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Some guy commented on a preview vid that Smith can't handle the 60 shots a game he is about to see.

Does Sutter play the Mclellan, shoot from everywhere kinda hockey, or did Dallas just suck?

Seems like Calgary shot counts were high.
FWIW, LA had 75 high danger chances vs the Oilers in round 1; Calgary had 83 vs Dallas.
Not quite sure the Flames are the offensive juggernaut that poster thinks they are - they are no Colorado.

That said, they are miles better than LA offensively so this will not be a picnic. Smith needs to stay at .920 sv % minimum.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Iconic moment
FSz0AULWAAIiDkn.jpeg.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kind of surreal that we'll be watching a BoA playoff game tonight. I've always seen it as some mythical thing that was talked about as some legendary folklore never to be seen again kind of like the White Walkers in Game of Thrones but it's actually happening tonight and it's real. As I said... surreal

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We'll need other lines than McDavid to step up. Looking at RNH especially, he has to contribute to 5vs5 goals scored not on garbage time.
They'll lose the series in 5 or 6 if RNH's line can't score more frequently as it seems that Drai will be forced to the McDavid line because it seems like he's just not going to be healthy enough in the rest of these playoffs to run his own line. RNH, McLeod, Puljujarvi. Those are the three that they're going to need offensive contributions from or else the Oilers are toast IMO.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We'll need other lines than McDavid to step up. Looking at RNH especially, he has to contribute to 5vs5 goals scored not on garbage time.
Each player and line just needs to do it's thing.
I'm not expecting Nuge to put up ES points with Archibald on his wing.
Singling out Nuge, Hyman, McLeod, Puljujarvi or Draisaitl doesn't mean jack at this point.. it's needs to be a team effort with no passengers

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I don't know if this is good luck or a curse but last night I got my first ever hole in 1 while repping my Oilers touque, Oiler shirt underneath, Oiler putter cover, Oiler ball mark and yes...Oiler orange ball!

I know I know, we don't want them to be golfing but I had to share! I was also golfing with a Flames fan out here in Ontario, he took the picture haha
IMG_20220517_195906.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad