Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Let’s see your EP page, hotshot.
If I played youth hockey (age 8) does that make me qualified to do analysis between periods on TNT? I honestly think it does.

Avs out-shooting the Jets 153-103 so far. Hellebuyck hasn’t been great, but Colorado’s offense is running over Winnipeg’s defense.
His positioning has been good, he's had some big saves, and really only a few truly stinker goals. Colorado has just torn em up so far and hope they can continue that trend.

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Jets are one of the higher end zombie teams, along with NSH, WAS, NYI, PIT, etc. Going to be like Calgary inside of two years. Should've blown it up a long long time ago.

It's actually beautiful to watch these stubborn owners and managers prolong the descent.

Reactions: BLNY

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Toffoli and Monahan struggle in the playoffs because of lack of speed. Shocking.

At least Monahan is a center and has some semblance of two-way ability. Toffoli was the head scratcher for me even for the cost of a 2nd and 3rd. Seemed like a lot that the Jets didn’t need.

People fixated on his regular season goal scoring the last couple of years and yet prior to this year, he had 18 playoff goals and was a -11 in 88 playoff games. He’s had one point (goal) in 4 games with a -3 in this series and is down to barely 13 minutes a night and that includes regular PP time.

He’s one of the prime exhibits of “regular season play and scoring is different than playoff play and scoring”. He has been basically his whole career, this kind of playoff impact was entirely predictable. He’s slow as molasses, avoids physical play and is one-dimensional in his usage. But regular season goals, I guess? I’m just shocked any Western Conference team would’ve looked at his play style and large, historical record of playoff underperformance and would say to themselves “yeah, we gotta give up some assets to get that on our team for a run.”

Reactions: TommyKillian

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Jets are one of the higher end zombie teams, along with NSH, WAS, NYI, PIT, etc. Going to be like Calgary inside of two years. Should've blown it up a long long time ago.

It's actually beautiful to watch these stubborn owners and managers prolong the descent.
Some owners only care about not ending the season in the red. If you turn profit why shake up a “good” thing? Obviously from a fan and hockey mind standpoint that’s dumb. Business wise not the worst investment.

Reactions: Oneiro

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017

Yeah i think you're correct in the end.......I think Boston is like that too.....The best of the no man's land teams.....Always in the thick of it but just good enough to be bridesmaids ....Outside of 2011 they can't beat the real elite teams 4 out of 7

Reactions: Oneiro

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
BCF62AFF-879C-47C9-9187-214D3B3AFA15.jpeg

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Jets have Heinola, Perfetti, Lambert, Barlow, McGroaty, Lucius all very close if not most NHL ready. They also have four more years of Morrissey and seven more years of Helle (yeah he isn't playing great) and Scheif. They are built to be competitive long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad